Full skill bar lockout

MedievalThings.5417

It happened to me a couple times last week, and since it just happened again I thought I would ask if anyone is experiencing the same "bug?".The current example, fighting a fresh air build. They started the scepter air channel 3 and hit me with a lightning strike. All 10 of my skills went on a 6 second cooldown, including both of my stunbreaks (I'm playing chrono atm). It is exactly what was happening last week, although that was vs a daredevil and a condi ranger. This isn't the 3 stack poison interrupts, and it isn't a daze. In fact, I have no stun or daze indicator on me at all...I am just locked out of my entire skill bar for 6 seconds.

Anyone else seeing this or have any thoughts?

Edit: I have cleanse on weapon swap, and it doesn't remove whatever "it" is. I can still walk around, I am just a walking corpse at that point with no skills useable.

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:There is one particular condition that can fall under this. Next time you get hit that way, look for "Dazed". Happens quite a bit in WvW and from bosses in PvE.

Hmmm, while this certainly fits what OP says, does an ele have a skill that does 6s daze? Comet comes to mind, but it is a 2s daze. Even with mesmer rune and paralyzation sigil, thats an extra 63%.And gale is a knockdown skill for 4s, not daze. I wonder what this is, cause i have experienced it with a thief.Edit: typos, kitten autocorrect!

I have experienced it too, but very rarely and I recall this even happened before pof. Not sure what, but am interested. Basically everything on wep and skill slots. Did you guys have passive traits to break out? If I remember correctly they probably did not proc either. It seems like something rare so I never bothered chasing it up.

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:There is one particular condition that can fall under this. Next time you get hit that way, look for "Dazed". Happens quite a bit in WvW and from bosses in PvE.

It is behaving just like daze, but...there is no daze icon on the bar, AND it also is disabling my stun breaks (which are the only thing that remove daze). Even when I'm just goofing off, I have decoy and blink on my bar both of which are stun breaks. But, the 5-6 times this has happened so far, both of those are disabled as well (and were not on cooldown). During one of the fights, I had blink, decoy and power break up (with both charges) yet my entire skill bar locked out. It seems odd that so far in fights vs 3 different classes I would get a 6 second lockout, even with stun breaks available to use. It is a very rare occurrence, and I've been trying to get video, but no luck so far. I'll keep at it and post again if it happens again.

@"Aeolus.3615" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daze

For its description it is daze(like some are sugesting), been like this since release.... its not a bug, and its quite anoying some builds that can aply lots of condis and daze :)

Except it's 6 seconds, and stun breaks aren't available.

Nothing seems to be more than 2 seconds in that list. Up to 3 ish with the right runes and sigil.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Do you find that your toons experience random slows with no icons or incoming attacks? Just out of the blue slowed for a few seconds even when nobody is near or attacking you?

Quite possibly a symptom of lag - sometimes the effect is like being chilled or having slow condition on your character, even the animations match the speed. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is usually when I am experiencing lag so my thoughts would be that. Also there is no fps drops, just the animation is slow on screen, and only on my character.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:

For its description it is daze(like some are sugesting), been like this since release.... its not a bug, and its quite anoying some builds that can aply lots of condis and daze :)

Nothing seems to be more than 2 seconds in that list. Up to 3 ish with the right runes and sigil.

When it happens, as stated, all your skills are on CD. The only thing to prevent it from happening is to have stab up full time. I'll have to check my F3 skill on Guardian if that stun break works when traited.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:

When it happens, as stated, all your skills are on CD. The only thing
to prevent it from happening is to have stab up full time
. I'll have to check my F3 skill on Guardian if that stun break works when traited.

Yup.And about the re-aplying of daze, imagine skill+trait???? 3sec X2??

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Quite possibly a symptom of lag - sometimes the effect is like being chilled or having slow condition on your character, even the animations match the speed. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is usually when I am experiencing lag so my thoughts would be that. Also there is no fps drops, just the animation is slow on screen, and only on my character.

Maybe, i do suffer from australian ? internet. But wouldnt everything else on screen lag and then skip forward to actually server position if it was lag?

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Quite possibly a symptom of lag - sometimes the effect is like being chilled or having slow condition on your character, even the animations match the speed. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is usually when I am experiencing lag so my thoughts would be that. Also there is no fps drops, just the animation is slow on screen, and only on my character.

Maybe, i do suffer from australian ? internet. But wouldnt everything else on screen lag and then skip forward to actually server position if it was lag?

Lag would do that too, but there are specific instances where what I experience only seem to be my side and only my char (as if it were a condition). I have no idea what people see on their end when this is happening. It happens in pve as well once in a blue moon.

Archived