Necro - Reaper. Feeling fantastic

@Ardid.7203 said:What builds are you using, people? I love my Reaper but haven't played with him for a couple months, just because I was getting other classes elite specs. Is there a GS reaper viable build now?

Spite 122, Soul Reaping 122 and Reaper 233 with GS and Axe/Warhorn though you can also still take focus as off-hand.

...and yes, it's more fun to play now, but I still would like to see changes to Gravedigger. That skill is pretty much stupid on a fundamental level.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:What builds are you using, people? I love my Reaper but haven't played with him for a couple months, just because I was getting other classes elite specs. Is there a GS reaper viable build now?

Spite 122, Soul Reaping 122 and Reaper 233 with GS and Axe/Warhorn though you can also still take focus as off-hand.

...and yes, it's more fun to play now, but I still would like to see changes to Gravedigger. That skill is pretty much stupid on a fundamental level.

Every meta build I see uses warhorn or focus. As a new reaper player,can I ask, are those two chosen mostly because of LF generation?

Edit: words

@Rysdude.3824 said:

Every meta build I see uses warhorn or focus. As a new reaper player,can I ask, are those two chosen mostly because of LF generation?

Edit: words

Meh.

Necro off-hand-weapons are all pretty much trash besides torch for Scourge. Focus and Warhorn are the power-based weapons so you have to take these and Warhorn is a little bit ahead of Focus currently. At the end, it doesn't really matter which weapon you take. It's wiser to just adapt to the needs to your group anyway since the weapons offer some kind of utility. I still like playing with Focus in fractal-PUGs due to its boon-strip.

I'm to wager the warhorn gives you a stun opportunity on 4, while you get a swiftness boost as well as centric damage over time on 5. But for focus, you get a bouncing vuln/regen applicator on 4 and another boonstrip on 5. As Raizel said, it depends on utility for power, and what is needed.

I need to test these things myself, and see how solid things are. But in terms of gear, what are you all running? Full-on berserker's? What's your food/utility?

I use this in open world and story instances:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fgw2skills.net%2Feditor%2F%3FvRQQNAR3dnM0At1gdbCe1As3glpBbqldBOWxfwU4LUaAUACAA-jByEABKp8TNdDA8EA0QDDiq%2FYwFB4m9H6TJIA-e

Death Magic up up upBlood Magic down down midReaper up down downBlood fiend, shadow fiend, "Rise!", Bone fiend, Flesh golemValk armour zerk weapons and zerk+valk trinkets. GS and axe/focus.

Minions (...) everywhere!

@"moonstarmac.4603" said:I tried Scourge for about an hour...went back to Reaper. There is just something about it...maybe it is the whole Mortal Kombat throwback "Your soul is mine!"...or it could be sheer fun of running around with a greatsword tearing enemies apart and raising minions en mass.

Yes, I got the HP for Scourge, tried it, and thought, "That's it?" Happily went back to Cuisinart, I mean Reaper.

Archived