6th Birthday - Account Birthday / Character Birthday

Hadi.3167

@sitarskee.5738 said:You should ask the support I think. Guild Wars 1 taught me that not deleting your chars is a good idea.

However GW2 birthdays are inconsistent. They started like in gw1, being character based but with 4th they turned it into account anniversary, but still making it hooked into the character for some reason. This incosistency must be fixed.

@"Tasida.4085" said:It's strictly a character birthday not the account. Check the age of any toon by using /age ;) It's also highly doubtful Anet will restore deleted toons etc.

It depends. A couple of years back they added that capability but with some restrictions. (Must have a free character slot, the name can’t be taken, won’t be allowed if the chars were deleted in order to switch servers for free, etc). And since support is apparently swamped it might take a long time before they can get to it since it’s a non urgent case.

DornsingerHi guys!OP is correct, it's a new thing, it's very much on trial right now - and we cannot promise everyone a character restoration yet.Much like all refunds and restorations, these are on case-by-case basis, we need to check a lot of stuff (Is there a free character slot? Was the character name taken? What's the account history?) and in some cases it may not actually work. New toys, might break and all that.In some cases it might actually be better to try and ping us with an explanation of what precisely happened. The other day I had a user delete a character with an infinite mining tool, I simply replaced the tool for them, as that was much quicker a solution.So, if you need help, give us as much info as you can, we'll see what we can do to help. :)

@"Greener.6204" said:When a character reaches six years old, two things will be triggered:

1. It will complete the "Birthday—Year 6" achievement under the "Hero" section if it hasn't been completed already, earning you a one-time reward, the Devoted Anniversary Achievement Box;
  2. It will mail your character a Sixth Birthday Gift.

That's a lie. It applies to first character only. SO the birthday is account bound yet badly coded to be based on character age.

It's not a lie. Perhaps, it could have been stated as 'When a character reaches six years old, the one-time "Birthday-Year 6" achievement is triggered. Doesn't matter if it was the first character created, or not; just like many achievements, they can only be earned once per account.

Also, Gaile Gray has specifically suggested players do not ask the CS Team to restore deleted characters to obtain Birthday/Anniversary rewards.

@segman.3560 said:

@"Greener.6204" said:When a
character
reaches six years old, two things will be triggered:
  1. It will complete the "Birthday—Year 6" achievement under the "
    " section if it hasn't been completed already, earning you a one-time reward, the
    ;
  2. It will mail your character a

That's a lie. It applies to first character only. SO the birthday is account bound yet badly coded to be based on character age.

No evidence of a lie present.

There are two different things being celebrated. Birthdays are character based. The game's anniversary, something else entirely, is account based.

@Ashen.2907 said:

character
    " section if it hasn't been completed already, earning you a one-time reward, the
    ;

There are two different things being celebrated. Birthdays are character based. The game's anniversary, something else entirely, is account based.

If that was game anniversary I would get these gifts regardless of character age.

@segman.3560 said:

character
    ;

If that was game anniversary I would get these gifts regardless of character age.

Well then think of it as both: it's an anniversary gift granted to characters who reach the same age as the anniversary being celebrated.

Regardless, the mechanic is and was intended: that rewards are granted based on character age. ANet's commented on this multiple times in multiple ways. If you want them to change the policy, it helps to acknowledge how ANet sees things, rather than accusing them of falsehoods or bad coding.

@segman.3560 said:

character
    ;

The name of the once only per year gift doesn’t say it’s Game Anniversary, it merely says Anniversary. It also says it is earned by an Achievement where the Achievement is the first character on the account reaching X years old that you log onto.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anniversary_Backpack_and_Mail_Carrier_Pack:Acquisition: “You have a character that is more than 4 years old.“

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:Is it possible to receive the birthday gift from when your account was created instead of Character birthday? I've deleted multiple characters over the years but sure that my account is 6 years old.

There was a recent thread about the topic that had comments by Gaile in it... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/51114/suggestion-make-anniversary-reward-account-based

They went with the individual character b-day reward design, and she mentioned deleted characters...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I deleted quite a few characters in the early days of Guild Wars. But as the person who actually proposed the idea of "birthday rewards," I am not upset about how it worked out, which meant that I did not receive my birthday gifts as early as others who didn't delete their first characters.

After all, people have birthdays, not accounts, and I look on my characters as a virtual "person." :)

Gaile also commented on character restoration, so it wouldn't be possible to resurrect an old character in this case unfortunately...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

snip
If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

No, in my opinion (an opinion hopefully shared by others) this would be a terrible misuse of Customer Support's services, at a time when players need help with access issues, crashes, bugs, or even security concerns. Please do not do this.

• 1 month later...

I don't want to restore my original characters, there's a reason I deleted them.

When I started, I was only able to play on the weekend. Trying to level the new races and professions took nearly that entire full year. Even characters who are stagnant at second level (mules) still get B-Day presents.

Is there ANY credit system for people who have long-term accounts, but deleted characters as they learned the new system?

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I don't want to restore my original characters, there's a reason I deleted them.

When I started, I was only able to play on the weekend. Trying to level the new races and professions took nearly that entire full year. Even characters who are stagnant at second level (mules) still get B-Day presents.

Is there ANY credit system for people who have long-term accounts, but deleted characters as they learned the new system?

No there is not.

@segman.3560 said:That's a lie. It applies to first character only. SO the birthday is account bound yet badly coded to be based on character age.

no, step two (gift box on the mail) applies to all characters once they reach their birthday treshold - for example my rev got a box yesterday and she's lagging few years after the ranger, guardian and warrior.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I don't want to restore my original characters, there's a reason I deleted them.

Afraid not. Guild Wars as a franchise has always worked this way for birthdays

Archived