Condi Leveling Build

Aigleborgne.2981

I am leveling a new thief (currently very low level) and I was wondering if someone tried condi with dagger/dagger and bow ?I don't like P&P unload spam (bored to death). D&D condi is more fun, with death blossom and dancing dagger, along with poison cloud for groups.Kiting while things slowly die.

I was thinking to trait deadly arts first as I deeply need those poison traits first, and then I am not sure.As backstab is quite fun too, I am considering hybrid build (power condi precision), also because this modifier is frequent around level 50+ as level up rewards.

I could also go for straight up D&D with berserker/assassin, but then, I am missing a part of my skills doing meaningless damage. On top of that, many stolen skills do condi damage!

Power will clear content faster at lower levels.

That said, the combo you mentioned is doable. But most things are viable in PvE open world.

If you want to play condi thief (core for now) I’d recommend looking at playing with venoms and traps.

You will want either Krait Runes for bleed or a rune that adds to poison duration. But that may be less valuable advice while leveling.

At least until you hit 80 it will feel underwhelming because condi damage is very reliant on building up past a base level.

Hybrid is a better choice when leveling up since skills like Caltrops and Death Blossom has higher returns. I've used Caltrops, mini-Caltrops (trait; Uncatchable), and Choking Gas for easy kiting. If you've unlocked Dagger Storm, that's also a great skill for hybrid.

In addition, the Condition Build gears give more survivability than Power Builds. Just compare Carrion and Berserker.

EDIT: typo

I tried up to level 20. It was great against trash mobs, dagger 4 simply destroy any running mob. Dagger 3, caltrops and poison trap for tough fights.

That beeing said, I had troubles against strong ranged veterans (I can kite melee but not range). They do more damage to me than I do to them. I didnt use pistol 5 or smoke wall, maybe I should have.And even melee, it was painfully long to kill them.I don't have great equipment as I don't use black lion, so only get what I find.

To conclude, I gave up. I went back to DnD, full power build with critical strikes and signets. With steath on kills (and dagger 5), I can chain very nice backstabs, efficient on everything but champions.

On a side note, dagger 4 is also efficient in power build. Less torment damage (obviously), but critical do good damage. With 2 targets, this is 2 hits per target. So I can still using it especially vs ranged (where it is more efficient that condi)

I might try again condi later on.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:I tried up to level 20. It was great against trash mobs, dagger 4 simply destroy any running mob. Dagger 3, caltrops and poison trap for tough fights.

That beeing said, I had troubles against strong ranged veterans (I can kite melee but not range). They do more damage to me than I do to them. I didnt use pistol 5 or smoke wall, maybe I should have.And even melee, it was painfully long to kill them.I don't have great equipment as I don't use black lion, so only get what I find.

To conclude, I gave up. I went back to DnD, full power build with critical strikes and signets. With steath on kills (and dagger 5), I can chain very nice backstabs, efficient on everything but champions.

On a side note, dagger 4 is also efficient in power build. Less torment damage (obviously), but critical do good damage. With 2 targets, this is 2 hits per target. So I can still using it especially vs ranged (where it is more efficient that condi)

I might try again condi later on.

Try it in end game.Sword /dagger and shortbow is hilarious in PvE. Mobs are totally oblivious edpecially with the trickery trait and skills. With deadly arts its even more fun and even more dmg.Retreat is just fantastic as a heal and roll for initiative is an aqesome stunbreak.You are the kite king. You can either choose daredevil for more dmg and style or acrobatics for condi hate. Its overall a fun and effective way to kill mobs.Id recommend grieving stats but they are not very easy to come by. You could also go vipers to be on the safe side for group content.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Sword /dagger and shortbow is hilarious in PvE. Mobs are totally oblivious edpecially with the trickery trait and skills. With deadly arts its even more fun and even more dmg.Retreat is just fantastic as a heal and roll for initiative is an aqesome stunbreak.You are the kite king. You can either choose daredevil for more dmg and style or acrobatics for condi hate. Its overall a fun and effective way to kill mobs.Id recommend grieving stats but they are not very easy to come by. You could also go vipers to be on the safe side for group content.

Sword/dagger as power or hybrid ? It seems only power ? Shortbow mostly good for condi poison cloud I suppose ?Retreat as a heal ?! I checked again, there is no such heal, what did you mean ?

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Sword /dagger and shortbow is hilarious in PvE. Mobs are totally oblivious edpecially with the trickery trait and skills. With deadly arts its even more fun and even more dmg.Retreat is just fantastic as a heal and roll for initiative is an aqesome stunbreak.You are the kite king. You can either choose daredevil for more dmg and style or acrobatics for condi hate. Its overall a fun and effective way to kill mobs.Id recommend grieving stats but they are not very easy to come by. You could also go vipers to be on the safe side for group content.

Sword/dagger as power or hybrid ? It seems only power ? Shortbow mostly good for condi poison cloud I suppose ?Retreat as a heal ?! I checked again, there is no such heal, what did you mean ?

Hybrid. But only with deadly arts and panic strike. Its actually a conquest build you can look up on metabattle.Its fairly funny in openworld and affective against small and big mobs.Occasionally i use dagger/pustol instead of shortbow just for the interupt trolls.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Hybrid. But only with deadly arts and panic strike. Its actually a conquest build you can look up on metabattle.Its fairly funny in openworld and affective against small and big mobs.Occasionally i use dagger/pustol instead of shortbow just for the interupt trolls.

It's more condi than hybrid and it is designed for PvP. In PvE, I would gain more damage (I think) with dagger main hand. I loose panic strike, but I gain death blossom and poison on auto. I can use a trap instead of signet of agility too.By retreat, you meant daredevil heal ?

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

It's more condi than hybrid and it is designed for PvP. In PvE, I would gain more damage (I think) with dagger main hand. I loose panic strike, but I gain death blossom and poison on auto. I can use a trap instead of signet of agility too.By retreat, you meant daredevil heal ?

Sure its more designed for PvP you can make some variations to make it work.Panic strike is a trait in deadly arts (thus you do not lose anything with daggers) that poisons foes when immobilized and you can increase that even more with the grantmaster (that also affects dagger training btw).Sword is just fantadtic for engaging and disengaging what makes it an awesome kite weapon. The immob on sword 2 will poison foes with the before mentioned traits.Yes you do more dmg with daggers and ofc you can use them.And last but not least: retreat is the trickery heal skill.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAsY4an0MB9OhdmCOmC8PhFYCT7PFAKAefhFVbYOEeCThA-jByHQBAZfAA8EA+p6POVJItOJAJV5XN1P0sFGAA-e

This is my version of the build. Its an interupt focussed daredevil build and generally good for trolling mobs or noobs. Not really competitive but hella fun.For open PvE it needs some skill to survive but when you get the hang of it you kill all over the place. Ofc you can make some variations too here, especially on condi removal sides but thats up to your liking.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Sure its more designed for PvP you can make some variations to make it work.Panic strike is a trait in deadly arts (thus you do not lose anything with daggers) that poisons foes when immobilized and you can increase that even more with the grantmaster (that also affects dagger training btw).Sword is just fantadtic for engaging and disengaging what makes it an awesome kite weapon. The immob on sword 2 will poison foes with the before mentioned traits.Yes you do more dmg with daggers and ofc you can use them.And last but not least: retreat is the trickery heal skill.

This is my version of the build. Its an interupt focussed daredevil build and generally good for trolling mobs or noobs. Not really competitive but hella fun.For open PvE it needs some skill to survive but when you get the hang of it you kill all over the place. Ofc you can make some variations too here, especially on condi removal sides but thats up to your liking.

Thanks for infos :)Oh and it's not retreat but withdraw and yes, it's one of favorite heal. Low cooldown, decent heal, evade, and one condi clear if traited !

Archived