fast paced class

Lucas.3718

Hello gw2 communityive been playing gw2 for a very long time and still i got dificulties deciding which class i should play. Now through all the pros and cons, ive decided that the strongest criteria for my class should be, which one is the most fast paced (regards to APM (action per minute)).

Weaver or Condi Engi have the highest APM's in the game, but I disagree with the thief quotes above. Most thief builds camp only one weapon set with a shortbow offhand, and if you trait daredevil staff with Invigorating precision (Critical Strikes trait line) thief becomes a 1 button tank with 3 spammable dodges that often don't matter outside of raids or high fractals.

I main engineer and thief..Gotta say the thief is fast but its mostly spamming a few skills and timing your dodges.

Engineer is more "complex" with kits, since you commonly use 20+ abilities (2kits+). Unless you play Holosmith kitless. then its only heatmanagement so you dont blow yourself up.

Used to play Elementalist, but i still find engineers more complex. Elementalists have a more "natural flow" with their abilities and more set spell rotations than engineer.So allthough it might feel like you do alot of workwith elementalist it comes more naturally ... they got less "tricks" up their sleves so to speak, you know what they are gonna do next in their rotations.

Engi or Elem for APM without discussion.Fancy animations and having comfy weaved abilities (get the phun?) vs having a few more tricks up your sleeves but being a bit clunky.

APM on its own is not enough to go. Several classes have complex rotations and combo setups, all creating a "needs to press things a lot" control styles..... but that doesn't address other key aspects such at reactionary vs proactive, control vs counter, damage vs utility, raw complexity vs level of impact.

Thief for instance requires a high APM because their offensive and defense strategies are built on rapid, precision movements. But Ele and Engineer also have high APM, because their entire class kit is made for large skill chains that other classes aren't even capable of. Scourge Necro could also be considered a High APM build, because its performance benefits from pressing every skill off cool down. I could even make the argument for Power SoulBeast, because their best builds are designed around the fast execution of a combo chain.

yes i thought about playing my ele again, funny thing though as i started to play it recently the killing nerfs hit with all the storm abilities. but now sword weaver seems to have a chance at being good in both pve and pvp (spvp and wvw). and tbh i personally like the idea that air is more about ferocity rather then precision.

Archived