Off-hand pistol 5

Dusk.4708

We can all agree that off-hand pistol is great and all, but what do you all think about the glue shot? To me, it seems kind of stupid but to others its good? I don't get it. can someone maybe clarify whats so good about it cause while it's nice to get an AoE cripple, it shoots too slow and its got a decent CD on it...

Also for funs sake, if you could change pistol 5, what would you want it to be?? for me, id love it if we could get a blind like the flamethrower 5 vent but as a combo field for maybe 4 seconds or a sludge field that does damage but is an ethereal field like the mortar kit swap w streamline!

Well it does give an immobilize if you hit the target on impact, it's kind of a weak skill nowadays but comes in handy in some WvW scenarios for me. If they added slow to it maybe it would be good. I could see it also being more effective as a PBAoE too, where the engi just does a cool spin animation and the field appears around the engi, that would make it more reliable to hit with and would work well with the 4 ability both being close range.

As for a new skill maybe something that provides AoE or cone of bleeds in a good amount as pistol auto is the only bleeding on pistols and is pretty weak.

@Arimas.3492 said:Well it does give an immobilize if you hit the target on impact, it's kind of a weak skill nowadays but comes in handy in some WvW scenarios for me. If they added slow to it maybe it would be good. I could see it also being more effective as a PBAoE too, where the engi just does a cool spin animation and the field appears around the engi, that would make it more reliable to hit with and would work well with the 4 ability both being close range.

As for a new skill maybe something that provides AoE or cone of bleeds in a good amount as pistol auto is the only bleeding on pistols and is pretty weak.

Yeah, pretty much this. It needs to be buffed up to current damage/debuff performance, but it's not bad at what it does.

I'd like to see it granting minor buffs to allies (maybe vigor) and slow (like 1s) to enemies.

@Dusk.4708 said:We can all agree that off-hand pistol is great and all

1. I do not believe "great" means what you seem to think it means.

2. It is sad that you misguidingly assume to speak for everyone. It is dishonest and makes it difficult to take anything you say thereafter serious.

I think it needs to have a longer window in which it can affect the enemies, as well as have the projectile speed increased.

@coglin.1496 said:

2. It is sad that you misguidingly assume to speak for everyone. It is dishonest and makes it difficult to take anything you say thereafter serious.

I think it needs to have a longer window in which it can affect the enemies, as well as have the projectile speed increased.

What I meant by great is its burn capabilities, not to "missguidingly assume to speak for everyone" your putting too much thought into that statement. This is just a discussion of what the engi community thinks of the two skills and what could be different if given the opportunity in the communitys eyes and yes, your suggestion would also be a good addition to the 5 skill.

@Dusk.4708 said:

@coglin.1496 said:

What I meant by great is its burn capabilities, not to "missguidingly assume to speak for everyone" your putting too much thought into that statement. This is just a discussion of what the engi community thinks of the two skills and what could be different if given the opportunity in the communitys eyes and yes, your suggestion would also be a good addition to the 5 skill.

No, this is not "putting too much thought in that statement". I did not agree with your assessment, yet you claimed: "We can all agree". I am happy to see this discussion of what the community thinks of the two skill, but I do not believe we can have a rational discussion if posters make assumptions for the community as a whole or suggest to speak for them. Rather than admit the issues in that, you chose to declare to me how I am wrong to believe that harms the discussion.

You cannot reasonably declare the desire for an honest discussion by initiating it with dishonesty. It is not particularly reasonable. You very poorly worded the statement, yet declare me the one in the wrong. I do not agree it is great. It is a weapon that thematically strikes me as ranges, yet the burn, for example, is very much melee ranged and I think glue shot needs to have a longer window in which it can affect the enemies, as well as have the projectile speed increased.

@coglin.1496 said:

@Dusk.4708 said:

@coglin.1496 said:

No, this is not "putting too much thought in that statement". I did not agree with your assessment, yet you claimed: "
We
can all agree". I am happy to see this discussion of what the community thinks of the two skill, but I do not believe we can have a rational discussion if posters make assumptions for the community as a whole or suggest to speak for them. Rather than admit the issues in that, you chose to declare to me how I am wrong to believe that harms the discussion.

You cannot reasonably declare the desire for an honest discussion by initiating it with dishonesty. It is not particularly reasonable. You very poorly worded the statement, yet declare me the one in the wrong. I do not agree it is great. It is a weapon that thematically strikes me as ranges, yet the burn, for example, is very much melee ranged and I think glue shot needs to have a longer window in which it can affect the enemies, as well as have the projectile speed increased.

Holy cow you brought his wording of we to a whole new level. Are you a psychology major/profession of some sorts... This got way off topic and I forgot whatwe are actually discussing. Lol

@aceboogie.4031 said:

@coglin.1496 said:

@Dusk.4708 said:

@coglin.1496 said:

No, this is not "putting too much thought in that statement". I did not agree with your assessment, yet you claimed: "
We
can all agree". I am happy to see this discussion of what the community thinks of the two skill, but I do not believe we can have a rational discussion if posters make assumptions for the community as a whole or suggest to speak for them. Rather than admit the issues in that, you chose to declare to me how I am wrong to believe that harms the discussion.

Holy cow you brought his wording of we to a whole new level. Are you a psychology major/profession of some sorts... This got way off topic and I forgot whatwe are actually discussing. Lol

Isnt forum wars 2 fun? lol...I just gave up on it cause as usual in this forum every topic winds up spinning off into a debate on somthing irrelevant to the disscussion. And if your serious about what the last disscussion was in here it was about what would be your change to make if pistol off-hand 5 had to be reworked?

@Dusk.4708 said:

@aceboogie.4031 said:

@coglin.1496 said:

@Dusk.4708 said:

@coglin.1496 said:

We

Isnt forum wars 2 fun? lol...I just gave up on it cause as usual in this forum every topic winds up spinning off into a debate on somthing irrelevant to the disscussion. And if your serious about what the last disscussion was in here it was about what would be your change to make if pistol off-hand 5 had to be reworked?

Right! Something along the lines of a 1/2 second daze for an interrupt. Followed by a small duration immob/slow. Or if an immob is too op then a 1 sec slow then a cripple? I'm just thinking if I was chasing some one then got shot with a big ball of goop it would daze the cap out of me. Once I get my composure back after knowing what Just happened to me I'd be slow until I can start moving. Once I'm out of the glue my legs might still hurt from being shocked dead stopped in my place an hobble a way crippled for a moment. Would be neat!

An reliable crisp interrupt on the p/p set would be interresting since it would release a bit of the pressure to take FT. However I dont think the skill is as weak as people claim. Its an unblockable 5 target range immob but as some said the duration is off in comparison to other skills. I would rather see less long immobs in general but thats another topic.

Archived