Deadeye. hybrid Build?

OlsenSan.2987

Sup guys,

When PoF got released I made a brand new thief to play only as deadeye. At that time I wanted a armor set with stats that would fit well the profession, so I decided to craft spearmarshal gear. For a long time I used to play my Deadeye with exotic spearmarshal armor and berserker trinkets, some ascended trinkets and ascended zerker weapons.

After a long time I decided to use full ascended marauder gear on my deadeye (actual armor of my daredevil), ascended zerker trinkets and zerker weapons (ascended as well) and I felt I was dealing less dmg than I used to deal with my spearmarshal gear. And the only difference is that spearmarshal offers condi dmg, and has no ferocity stats.

I was wondering if I should invest in some griever ascended gear (Power/Condi/Precision/Ferocity) or if I should stick to Zerker stats that everyone says it is the recommended stats for this profession?

any thoughts about it? ^^

Thanks. I am talking about PvE, Mostly open world, soloing stuff HoT, Lws3, PoF Maps.

Usually I'd do F1-F2-Binding shadow (And only here I'd deal over 50% on normal mobs). I just feel the output damage without condi is lower, specially on use of F2 and binding shadow.

the build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaUnkFDtFj1FDOOBUGjFaCzLM8FKD8/yi5zULAMhiAA-jBSBQB0Y/B8oP4KK/ewhAwMKBrq6PL4BAAgzAApA8TZE-e

OW mobs mostly have litte in terms of HP wich favors power damage over condi unless against the very rare high thoughness mobs.f2 and binding shadows has a condition part to it so if you mainly use those, condi stats are good.but you will kill them faster if you just mark into either double tap or unload etc of your weapons and invest into power damage.when attacking stronger opponents like champs i would advise to swap the grandmaster major trait in deadeye from BQoBK to M7 for ini management so you can keep spamming. i personally when running open world prefer using Critical Strikes over DA, but shoudlnt make much of a difference, critical strikes would just have the option to trait healing on crit wich then makes it alot easier to just facetank alot of what opponents might throw at you.

so if you keep want to use f2 into binding shadows mostly, go for grieving. if you want to kill faster go zerker but dont waste your time with f2 and binding shadows.

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:I messed around with grieving gear for WvW myself and wasn't amazingly impressed, it was less damage and tankiness overall than just running power. I might need more time testing it tho.

Grieving can work but the issue is you need to utilize a true hybrid weapon type. As example p/d or SB work better then d/p or Rifle.

What happens when you use one of those non hybrids is power is always competing for the same INI you need for condition unless you have the "two in one skills'. P/d fares well here because 1-4 are all able to put out power damage and condition damage at the same time. You then have of course issues with Durations of those conditions as you simply can not afford to really invest in durations with grieving builds. This is mitigated somehwat in P/d because OF that power component. In other sets (s/d using panic strike) the duration of the poison + damage off the infiltrators just does does not do enough to warrant not going full power or full condition. Since the bleed on the #1 of P/d and since a sneak attack does pretty decent damage from that #1 even as bleeds added all coupled with Shadowstrike being solid power AND condition add , just allows more of the hybrid to work.

@"OlsenSan.2987" said:Thanks. I am talking about PvE, Mostly open world, soloing stuff HoT, Lws3, PoF Maps.

Usually I'd do F1-F2-Binding shadow (And only here I'd deal over 50% on normal mobs). I just feel the output damage without condi is lower, specially on use of F2 and binding shadow.

the build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaUnkFDtFj1FDOOBUGjFaCzLM8FKD8/yi5zULAMhiAA-jBSBQB0Y/B8oP4KK/ewhAwMKBrq6PL4BAAgzAApA8TZE-e

The reason for this is that the Might buff increases both your physical and condition damage plus the 5% damage buff to both from your rune. Without condition damage, you basically gimped your damage output by half.

If you're going to use Marauder, Strength rune would be a bad choice since you would want to capitalize on the crit hits. You would want to invest in power-ferocity rune which is the reason why Scholar rune is popular.

EDIT: Cheaper alternative to Scholar is Deadeye rune

Archived