Daily Hound Master - Worst daily yet?

The Hound Master one is a really awful daily due to the insane cooldown and the fact it bugs out halfway through quite often. But I don't see what all the fuss is about over it as the other 3 PvE dailies were all fairly quick ones, still 2g / 10ap in less than 10-15mins. And of course there's always the WvW ones you could do instead of this one, running up to a monument and standing there for a minute or two is something anyone can do quickly, no combat involved.

The problem isn't that the daily can't be completed - obviously it can, even with only PvE dailies. The problem is that a very bad daily is in the rotation and might come again in the future and in more problematic combinations. For example we could be limited to 3 PvE dailies because one slot is used up by daily activity.

daily activity is very easy to do, even if it's boring as hell for those who don't care for it. :PThe one daily I don't do is world bosses because their schedule seems to never agree with mine. These "meta event task" take the same slot as the daily world boss one so I don't mind just skipping it when it's inconvenient to do.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:The problem isn't that the daily can't be completed - obviously it can, even with only PvE dailies. The problem is that a very bad daily is in the rotation and might come again in the future and in more problematic combinations. For example we could be limited to 3 PvE dailies because one slot is used up by daily activity.

I don't see how it's that different from various world boss dailies. If it's Karka Queen and your play time doesn't overlap with the 15 minutes per day she's available to kill, you're skirtt out of luck.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:The problem isn't that the daily can't be completed - obviously it can, even with only PvE dailies. The problem is that a very bad daily is in the rotation and might come again in the future and in more problematic combinations. For example we could be limited to 3 PvE dailies because one slot is used up by daily activity.

I don't see how it's that different from various world boss dailies. If it's Karka Queen and your play time doesn't overlap with the 15 minutes per day she's available to kill, you're skirtt out of luck.

well, the world bosses are on set times: this one is not exactly set. If the event fails it will not spawn the next time its supposed to spawn and rather spawn 2 hours and 30 minutes after the event fails.

so if it failed at 12:20 it would spawn at 2:50 instead of 2:30, but only players that where on the map would know when it failed.

Well that is on you for limiting your options from 12 down to 3.

@"Skotlex.7580" said:daily activity is very easy to do, even if it's boring as hell for those who don't care for it. :PThe one daily I don't do is world bosses because their schedule seems to never agree with mine. These "meta event task" take the same slot as the daily world boss one so I don't mind just skipping it when it's inconvenient to do.

Daily activity isn't a bad daily by itself, but it isn't PvE, so whenever that comes up, there are only 3 PvE dailies available. While daily activity is a form of PvP, it is neither sPvP, nor WvW. Since it doesn't fit any of the 3 game-modes ANet somehow decided to have it take up a PvE slot.

Combine this with any PvE daily that can't be completed in a reasonable timeframe and it becomes impossible to complete the daily meta-achievement on PvE dailies alone.

If I had to think of PvP and WvW dailies that are as shitty as daily hound master, it would be:

• Conquer the Garrison on your home-borderlands. (Impossible to complete unless you let it fall first, which requires your opponent to play along. Might happen at random times with no timer available.)
  • Kill the enemy Guild Lord on Legacy of the Foefire in a ranked or unranked arena match. (It isn't enough to have your team kill him, you have to actually get credit for the kill.)

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:The problem isn't that the daily can't be completed - obviously it can, even with only PvE dailies. The problem is that a very bad daily is in the rotation and might come again in the future and in more problematic combinations. For example we could be limited to 3 PvE dailies because one slot is used up by daily activity.

I used to skip the Daily Activity, until I paid close attention to the fact it states "PARTICIPATE", I can literally complete an activity in 30 seconds if I am lucky enough to spawn in just before it ends...I "participated", daily completed, without doing a single thing that the activity required.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:The problem isn't that the daily can't be completed - obviously it can, even with only PvE dailies. The problem is that a very bad daily is in the rotation and might come again in the future and in more problematic combinations. For example we could be limited to 3 PvE dailies because one slot is used up by daily activity.

I used to skip the Daily Activity, until I paid close attention to the fact it states
"PARTICIPATE"
, I can literally complete an activity in 30 seconds if I am lucky enough to spawn in just before it ends...I "participated", daily completed, without doing a single thing that the activity required.

Spawning as a ghost in Southsun Survival is one of my favorite things to do with Daily Activity.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

I used to skip the Daily Activity, until I paid close attention to the fact it states
"PARTICIPATE"
, I can literally complete an activity in 30 seconds if I am lucky enough to spawn in just before it ends...I "participated", daily completed, without doing a single thing that the activity required.

Spawning as a ghost in Southsun Survival is one of my favorite things to do with Daily Activity.

That Activity isn’t bad. There’s nothing better than running around as an invisible and invulnerable wisp, finding the person that killed you and spawning a Giant Karka on top of him. Bonus points if he’s trying to gather supplies right then.

@"Faffin.6741" said:The meta has a timer according to the wiki, so do the chain: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forged_with_Fire every 1.5 hours.

@ROMANG.1903 said:If you read the wiki for like 2 minutes you'd know the event goes every 2 hours, starting at 02:00, server time. Then you wouldn't have to wait in your chair for an hour straight.

According to the wiki page:

• Occurs every 2.5 hours.
  • The event does not have to be triggered by doing other events but the spawn times are hard to take track of since the 2.5 hours time between the spawns makes them differ every day.

-

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Sooo...I've waited an hour for the event-chain to start and still nothing. There is no timer and the event-chain isn't really visible for the rest of the map. The only thing you can do is stand around and wait. You can't even wait while sitting because the occasional trashmob destroys your chair.

The fair gripe about this is that if you do not know the name of the quest, you would not know what to look up in the wiki in order to find the timer info.

As for myself, I enjoyed it as a choice for the daily. That one, in particular, is difficult to get enough people together to complete successfully, so setting as a daily probably allowed a number of people to complete the event who otherwise would have a difficult time doing so. I was also fortunate enough that people in chat were informing us of when the event was next up.

Archived