What is needed to run this game at 60fps at 1080 res at max setting?

I'm sick of my wild frame rate, of 10 FPS to 60 FPS depending what's going on on the screen. All I want is a contest 60FPS at max setting in ANY environment, wither that's a mob faming in PvE or a big fight in WvW.

I already have a GTX 1080 and 32 gig ram so I'm guessing my i7 CPU or motherboard is the problem.

Anyone that had managed to archival the holy grail of of 60FPS at 1080 at max setting ALL THE TIME!, can you please tell me your specs.

Just get and overclock a 7700k and you'll be as well off as you can be. If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks you can get an 8700k which should be marginally better then a 7700k for GW2 but it'll cost you a bit more

Anyone that had managed to archival the holy grail of of 60FPS at 1080 at max setting ALL THE TIME!, can you please tell me your specs.

The holy grail these days is 1440P 144Hz or better

You aren't going to get 60+ fps 100% of the time with current hardware. It's possible, but due to politics hardware progression has been much slower than it could be. ~30 is a bit more realistic, but even then, in very crowded areas with abilities being spammed you may still drop below 30. I have a GTX1070, 16GB RAM, and an overclocked 6700k 4.7 and don't run into issues often. So far some of the issues were related to Windows 10 causing stuttering which is a known problem from Microsoft's end.

@Fermi.2409 said:Just get and overclock a 7700k and you'll be as well off as you can be. If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks you can get an 8700k which should be marginally better then a 7700k for GW2 but it'll cost you a bit more

The holy grail these days is 1440P 144Hz or better

1080p is still preferred all around, but 144+ is what people want rather than 60+.

I have beefy rig and can play ALL current games at ultra settings, but can never get constant (no dips anywhere) 60 fps in GW2. I once set everything to lowest during a daily Frozen Maw after Teq/reset, got 25-30 fps. Unfortunately no matter what tweak or hardware upgrade it will not fix the problem, because the problem is GW2 engine.

@elrin.4750 said:I have beefy rig and can play ALL current games at ultra settings, but can never get constant (no dips anywhere) 60 fps in GW2. I once set everything to lowest during a daily Frozen Maw after Teq/reset, got 25-30 fps. Unfortunately no matter what tweak or hardware upgrade it will not fix the problem, because the problem is GW2 engine.

Thanks elrin, might have just saved me some money there.

Sad part is with games like ESO there is no such issue. I've heard that ESO at some point reworked their entire game engine so even me with my moderate setup can run on ultra details and CPU doesn't even begin to overheat whereas GW2 exhausts my hardware to the point of collapse. Shame. But they will not invest in that, they're too busy updating the gem store every week or issuing whatever makes them money.

Archived