Game Crash after killing Eater of Souls

Robj.6815

Admittedly, I'm a bit hot at the moment but given Anet's demonstrated care for their community, I'm gonna keep this as cool as possible. Three times today, after killing the Eater of Souls during the story chapter "The Departed", the game client has crashed. This has a unfortunate twofold side effect. 1) This completely and utterly halts any kind of character progression through the story line. 2) When I relog, I have to go through the ENTIRE scenario (including the Balthazar fight) over and over and over and not being able to progress.

I understand it's Labor Day here in the states so any official answer from Anet is a longshot. However, I would like to know from Anet if:1) This is a known problem?2) Is there an ETA for a fix?

As it currently stands, I'm unable to actually enjoy this wonderful game (seriously, it's a fantastic game) and the money I've poured into it (purchases and gems) is beginning to seem more and more like money wasted though caveat emptor applies in that particular case. However, I do hope Anet is aware of this issue and is currently hard at work at applying a fix that will allow me to continue to play GW2 and appreciate the company that has a singular appreciation for it's playerbase (unlike some companies I can name cough cough Bli-cough cough*). I appreciate you allowing me to bring this issue to your attention, appreciate the hard work I know you'll apply towards fixing it, and allowing me to vent my frustration. Thank you in advance for the speedy reply.

If you post the first part of the crash ('Show Details'), someone may be able to offer assistance.If you mean you are disconnected, it is a common issue, and there is an 'official' thread with Dev responses.To summarize, it is being worked on, but the QA/Devs have difficulty reproducing the disconnection.Some players have success using a VPN, moving their character constantly during cutscenes, using skills repeatedly during cutscenes, or minimizing any cutscenes at the start.

Good luck.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If you post the first part of the crash ('Show Details'), someone may be able to offer assistance.If you mean you are disconnected, it is a common issue, and there is an 'official' thread with Dev responses.To summarize, it is being worked on, but the QA/Devs have difficulty reproducing the disconnection.Some players have success using a VPN, moving their character constantly during cutscenes, using skills repeatedly during cutscenes, or minimizing any cutscenes at the start.

Good luck.

Do you have a link to this thread? I was just in one which had gone untouched for a year. And while, when time permits, I may log on and try the "move a lot" or "use abilities" solutions, I do not think "go spend even more money on a 3rd party product which Anet will not support"(buying a VPN) is a viable solution for an issue that is entirely-it seems-on Anet's end.

There are free VPNs available. Using a VPN is one of the suggestions the Devs post, and/or the CS Team suggest.The thread is on the front page of this sub-forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/roletracker/jump/28354This post may be of interest: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/563374/#Comment_563374

Good luck.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:There are free VPNs available. Using a VPN is one of the suggestions the Devs post, and/or the CS Team suggest.The thread is on the front page of this sub-forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/roletracker/jump/28354

Good luck.

The issue is this: whether or not the Devs reccommend it, if Anet REQUIRES you to use/purchase a 3rd party product which they do not (and for obviously legal reasons, cannot) support/guarantee for their property (and yes, the accounts we use are the property of Anet) then something is wrong.

But that is besides the point. While I appreciate your feedback and will try the solutions within the scope of Anet's property (moving and spamming spells), I will wait until Anet comes out and guarantees a 3rd party product/service before I go down that rabbit hole.

Archived