Returning player choosing profession

Orijah.3750

I've been playing GW2 for some time now but mostly just for short visits and mostly just to blow off some steam in pvp. I've recently started to actually level and am wanting to throw myself at the game and hit some of the end game content and continue pvp.

My question is guided towards choosing a profession (or if you suggest 'maining' more than one that can also be an option). I've tried my luck in pvp with most classes so I have the general feel of them but was looking for some more guidance.

I love being slightly more durable and I love being a more bruiser style brawly build but i love dueling (1v1/1v2). Along with that I enjoy being self-sustaining and being able to do things myself and rely on my ability to accomplish things. In groups I enjoy filling any role, support, dps or 'tank' it doesn't bother me too much so im happy there. I had initially looked at guardian as I had some fun with core guardian in pvp and firebrand looks like a lot of fun but dragonhunter has never sat right with me and I'm worried I'd be too supporting as a firebrand to be able to do stuff myself. I understand classes can be built to suit many things but hopefully that provides some insight (albeit, a very convoluted one) into what I'm trying to find.

Archived