Having trouble deciding what class to boost.

bluejays.6379

My main is ranger and I am pretty underwhelmed right now playing it. The pet management is getting to me and soulbeast just feels really weak. I am looking to play a class that can played primarily solo and just do open world PvE. I am torn right now between elementalist, necro and warrior. Can any experienced players give their opinion on each and their elite specs? Damage is important because I feel like my ranger is taking ages to kill anything even in zerker gear. THANK YOU!

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:Ok first, I have no experience in warrior and necro elite specs for POF but I think weaver can do great damage but can die EASILY. I suggest you go for holosmith, nice mechanic, good dps and can take some hits without losing all your hp.

Thank you for your response. I'm going to give engineer a whirl in the practice zone!

@stone cold.8609 said:In my experience, the condi beserker spec warrior (not spellbreaker unfortunately), almost anything guardian (including firebrand), power or condi Tempest are specs to try. Also, the new holosmith spec looks like it might be good to try as well, but I need to play it more before being sure.

Thank you. WIll be experimenting tonight. I have 2 boosts one for a light spec and one for heavy.

I don't play the other two, but I've played Warrior since launch. If it's big numbers you want, then the new Warrior elite spec isn't for you. Spell Breaker has a couple of hard hitting skills with dagger 3 and 4, but it is a counter spec. Now if your opponent can be CC'd, then Spell Breaker is great, since you can control them via interrupts and full counter. Straight up damage however will never be where the spec shines, no matter how much some of the louder forum goers want it to be.

@bluejays.6379 said:My main is ranger and I am pretty underwhelmed right now playing it. The pet management is getting to me and soulbeast just feels really weak. I am looking to play a class that can played primarily solo and just do open world PvE. I am torn right now between elementalist, necro and warrior. Can any experienced players give their opinion on each and their elite specs? Damage is important because I feel like my ranger is taking ages to kill anything even in zerker gear. THANK YOU!

Sup Bluejays, i am a veteran player of five years and am more than willing to help you out in your new Path of Fire elite specialization choice. Out of the three specified that you like Scourge, Spellbreaker and Weaver, probably would say the safest bet would be the warrior for soloing. The Spellbreaker is durable and can survive against power and condition damage extremely well, but at the same time can heal up incredibly fast. Along with that they can be build to have sustain and do heaps of damage. Plus on top of that you have several escape moves to get out of a tight spot. Now this all stands true to basically open world PvE, when it comes to said Fractals and Raiding i am not sure that the Spellbreaker will match up to what other professions can do. But Bluejays from what you mentioned you wanted out of an elite specialization i would 80% say that the Spellbreaker is the safest bet.

The next best choice would be the Weaver for its pure raw damage potential. But i would say it might be best played with a friend by your side :)

If you need more help just watch my video on the nine new elite specialization it might help you to chose an elite. Good luck Bluejays in making a decision, cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@bluejays.6379 said:My main is ranger and I am pretty underwhelmed right now playing it. The pet management is getting to me and soulbeast just feels really weak. I am looking to play a class that can played primarily solo and just do open world PvE. I am torn right now between elementalist, necro and warrior. Can any experienced players give their opinion on each and their elite specs? Damage is important because I feel like my ranger is taking ages to kill anything even in zerker gear. THANK YOU!

Sup Bluejays, i am a veteran player of five years and am more than willing to help you out in your new Path of Fire elite specialization choice. Out of the three specified that you like Scourge, Spellbreaker and Weaver, probably would say the safest bet would be the warrior for soloing. The Spellbreaker is durable and can survive against power and condition damage extremely well, but at the same time can heal up incredibly fast. Along with that they can be build to have sustain and do heaps of damage. Plus on top of that you have several escape moves to get out of a tight spot. Now this all stands true to basically open world PvE, when it comes to said Fractals and Raiding i am not sure that the Spellbreaker will match up to what other professions can do. But Bluejays from what you mentioned you wanted out of an elite specialization i would 80% say that the Spellbreaker is the safest bet.

The next best choice would be the Weaver for its pure raw damage potential. But i would say it might be best played with a friend by your side :)

If you need more help just watch my video on the nine new elite specialization it might help you to chose an elite. Good luck Bluejays in making a decision, cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Thank you very much for the insightful post. After messing around last night I definitely want to go with a heavy armor class. Would you say warrior over guardian all things considered? Hoping to make a choice by tonight so I can have it ready for when I get some real playtime this weekend. Thanks! (Also very well done video!)

@bluejays.6379 said:

Thank you very much for the insightful post. After messing around last night I definitely want to go with a heavy armor class. Would you say warrior over guardian all things considered? Hoping to make a choice by tonight so I can have it ready for when I get some real playtime this weekend. Thanks! (Also very well done video!)

For a heavy class in open world, I like DragonHunter. It has all the handy utility of the Guardian to give survival and stability for any tough or annoying mobs in open world and the access to traps give it lots of AoE burst power damage, which is great for clearing stuff quickly.

Warrior's not a bad choice either, but I always found the adrenaline mechanic annoying in open world solo stuff since things often die before you really build up much adrenaline and it often drains away before you get to the next mob.

Revenant's also not bad, but I found it a bit dull, particularly since you don't have as much flexibility with your utility skills.

Archived