New Gliding Mechanic Idea - Similar to Griffon

Hadi.3167

I know HoT came out years ago, and there are likely no implementations going to be added further, but i still wanted to just throw the idea out there. What if the Glider had similar mechanics to the Griffon Mount? Like a dive and pullup mechanic, but no flap or speed boost. I would love to be able to dive and pull up even if it didnt allow you to pull back up to the original height of the dive like the Griffon mount does. The Griffon by far is the best implementation to a flying mount i've ever played in a MMORPG, but just thought if the glider had that similar mechanic of dive and pull-up; it would make gliding so much smoother and realistic.

your dive is stop gliding and your pull up is enter an updraft :)

but anet calls that a way to make people buy 2 expansions.I'm sure the third will work similarly like possibly Under Water mounts? and if you don't have an UW mount you can buy PoF and use the swim speed infusions.

underwater mount would probably be skimmer with some sort of Mastery bound to it, but im sure there wont be any UW mounts in the future cause there aren't that many UW areas to explore. the stop diving is kinda lame lol it would be nice if you could Dive though.

Archived