Herald traitline

feanor.4605

Anet this is a message for you. May you please move elevated compassion to the master traitline and then move shining aspects to grandmasters traitline. Because I would rather keep it where you can heal your team with elevated compassion for 10 players.. it sucks that we got to pick one or the other. And plus if you do switch them you can run a move self healing build if you do that by running elders respite hardening persistence and then shining aspects. And then if you wanna run a team healing build, elders respite elevated compassion and draconic echo. It would be more effective thank you!

@Wahlao.1069 said:Unfortunately Draconic Echo affects facet passives only.Elevated compassion is not considered a facet passive, so max players it will heal is still 5 even if you switch shining aspect with elevated compassion.

The benefit of having them on separate traitlines is that it would synergize well with Glint. Since Glint's utility skills are facets, they reach 10 targets with Draconic Echo. If Elevated Compassion was traitable alongside Draconic Echo, any of the facets would be able to trigger EC on 10 targets.

I have also suggested this. It feels a bit weird to have to choose between one or the other, at least from my perspective. The one downside I see is that if they actually gave shield some love, there would be some pretty tight competition between Elevated Compassion and Hardening Persistence. Personally Shining Aspects would need a huuuuuuge buff to ever be a grandmaster--it is even terrible for a master trait--so my suggestion is:-Merge Elevated Compassion with Shining Aspects onto the master tier. They both have to do with healing. One is self-healing, the other healing others. They make enough sense together.-Reintroduce Enhanced Bulwark and add a way of granting stability into the trait so there is inherent synergy. Previously, the trait made no sense in Herald because Herald had no way of granting stability within the traitline or the legend. My idea is, When stability is applied to you, gain an extra stack. Using an elite skill grants X stacks of stability. From what I have read from a few condi heralds, this trait was very important to their builds. I myself do miss it because the extra stab stacks were really nice padding in WvW as a support rev.

Just my two cents.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Wahlao.1069 said:Unfortunately Draconic Echo affects facet passives only.Elevated compassion is not considered a facet passive, so max players it will heal is still 5 even if you switch shining aspect with elevated compassion.

The benefit of having them on separate traitlines is that it would synergize well with Glint. Since Glint's utility skills are facets, they reach 10 targets with Draconic Echo. If Elevated Compassion was traitable alongside Draconic Echo, any of the facets would be able to trigger EC on 10 targets.

I have also suggested this. It feels a bit weird to have to choose between one or the other, at least from my perspective. The one downside I see is that if they actually gave shield some love, there would be some pretty tight competition between Elevated Compassion and Hardening Persistence. Personally Shining Aspects would need a
huuuuuuge
buff to ever be a grandmaster--it is even terrible for a master trait--so my suggestion is:-Merge Elevated Compassion with Shining Aspects onto the master tier. They both have to do with healing. One is self-healing, the other healing others. They make enough sense together.-Reintroduce Enhanced Bulwark and add a way of granting stability into the trait so there is inherent synergy. Previously, the trait made no sense in Herald because Herald had no way of granting stability within the traitline or the legend. My idea is,
When stability is applied to you, gain an extra stack. Using an elite skill grants X stacks of stability.
From what I have read from a few condi heralds, this trait was very important to their builds. I myself do miss it because the extra stab stacks were really nice padding in WvW as a support rev.

Just my two cents.

Thank you for backing me up on this. I thought I was the only one who thought this was insane.. They would work so well with each other idk why they are traited like this and tbh I don’t see anet moving them but I thought maybe if I say something there would be a chance of change idk

Eh in its current state I run Draconic echo in WvW every time. The hundred or two hundred HP you get per second on 5 people doesn't compare with Fury on 10 people & extra might stacks when you consume facet of strength.

In PvE , maybe if rev healers were wanted and it scaled better with healing power then elevated compassion could be worth it for a 5 man party. For most PvE cases the extra damage is better from Forceful persistence when you're using mallyx / Kalla elite , dwarf hammers, or just the glint facets.

Shining aspects feels like it is very reserved in fear of what could happen in PvP.

@aimz.6287 said:Anet this is a message for you. May you please move elevated compassion to the master traitline and then move shining aspects to grandmasters traitline. Because I would rather keep it where you can heal your team with elevated compassion for 10 players.. it sucks that we got to pick one or the other. And plus if you do switch them you can run a move self healing build if you do that by running elders respite hardening persistence and then shining aspects. And then if you wanna run a team healing build, elders respite elevated compassion and draconic echo. It would be more effective thank you!

That's the thing... you need to choose, wider spreaded heals or more focused heals on smaller team.

@aimz.6287 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

I have also suggested this. It feels a bit weird to have to choose between one or the other, at least from my perspective. The one downside I see is that if they actually gave shield some love, there would be some pretty tight competition between Elevated Compassion and Hardening Persistence. Personally Shining Aspects would need a
huuuuuuge
buff to ever be a grandmaster--it is even terrible for a master trait--so my suggestion is:-Merge Elevated Compassion with Shining Aspects onto the master tier. They both have to do with healing. One is self-healing, the other healing others. They make enough sense together.-Reintroduce Enhanced Bulwark and add a way of granting stability into the trait so there is inherent synergy. Previously, the trait made no sense in Herald because Herald had no way of granting stability within the traitline or the legend. My idea is,
When stability is applied to you, gain an extra stack. Using an elite skill grants X stacks of stability.
From what I have read from a few condi heralds, this trait was very important to their builds. I myself do miss it because the extra stab stacks were really nice padding in WvW as a support rev.

Just my two cents.

Thank you for backing me up on this. I thought I was the only one who thought this was insane.. They would work so well with each other idk why they are traited like this and tbh I don’t see anet moving them but I thought maybe if I say something there would be a chance of change idk

U can heal passivelly the 10 players but on the passve ventari F2 ive been with heals arround 800hp+ every 3 sec, same value with herald healing facet, if u trait herald for the passive heals u heal less players but those 5 will get a stronger passve heal due tablet passive + ventari f2 + herald 2 passive traits(one being for boosting regen).I would prefer that Anet boost Ventari tablet area of effect to almost the double... that thing is based on skirts size and dwarfs... they a short and dwarfs are extint.

@Infusion.7149 said:Eh in its current state I run Draconic echo in WvW every time. The hundred or two hundred HP you get per second on 5 people doesn't compare with Fury on 10 people & extra might stacks when you consume facet of strength.

In PvE , maybe if rev healers were wanted and it scaled better with healing power then elevated compassion could be worth it for a 5 man party. For most PvE cases the extra damage is better from Forceful persistence when you're using mallyx / Kalla elite , dwarf hammers, or just the glint facets.

Shining aspects feels like it is very reserved in fear of what could happen in PvP.

U dont need strong direct heals on PVE reason rev healers are not needed due how mobs are extremelly duull, all that is needed is a strong regen stacking, with minor heals.

@aimz.6287 said:Still tho having both traits would help instead of choosing 1 out of the 2 you know what I mean?

I have to respectfully disagree with this. While having access to both Draconic Echo and Elevated Compassion at once would increase efficacy, having competition in traitlines is good. Deciding whether you want to be able to share boons more effectively or heal more effectively is and should be a big part of crafting a build. They've certainly been helping create this divide in recent times (Grace of the Land for might stacking or Lingering Light for heals in Druid, for example) and it's the right thing to do to create an environment that can create more diverse builds. If having to choose between the two does not feel too great, then addressing other areas of Revenant may alleviate the underlying cause of the dissatisfaction rather than messing with a grandmaster line that is fairly well balanced in comparison to some others throughout the game.

TLDR - Competition between traits in a line is good! Fix/change/rework other areas of a profession if the choice feels burdensome.

Archived