What’s your favorite elite skill? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What’s your favorite elite skill?

aimz.6287aimz.6287 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 5, 2018 in Professions

As the title stands.. mines probably Soulcleave Summit, being able to give leeching to the whole party 450 dmg and 450 healing on every hit they do for a decent amount of time I find that very helpful in any situation

<1

Comments

• Headbutt.

Short Cooldown, Big Results.

Oh and my charr just loves headbutting dragons. Because why not.

• Fiery Great Sword, even if I don't play ele much. Animations are great, skillset is perfect... even if damage is not great ! In fact, I would love to have greatword as new weapon, and FGS as fire skills. One can dream

• Thematically it's Shiro's Jade Winds. I love how deeply seated it is in the lore.
    From a mechanics standpoint it's Daggerstorm. It can generate many many procs off signet of healing in addition to its high dps and really turn a situation around.
    My main is elementalist, but sadly the elite skills are all kitten, so I'm using Take root.

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2018

Jaunt!!!1111one

P.S. I’m shmammered, don’t mind me :sunglasses:

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tie between One wolf packand entangle both good skills and relative short CD.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have always been fond of Mass Invisibility. Mesmer was my first "main" back in the day and it's the first elite skill I really loved using.

• Wolfb.7025Wolfb.7025 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2018

@Rysdude.3824 said:
    I like Prime Light Beam. Love firing it into a group and just watch players flop.

TIRO FINALE

asdf, sadly I haven't seen other classes elite skills, but I'm in love with all the Holosmith has to offer. Prime Light Beam just looks so freakin cool.

Years just pass like trains
    I wave but they don't sloow dooown~ don't slow doown~♪

• wwDefuser.2056wwDefuser.2056 Member ✭✭
    edited September 5, 2018

My favorite Elite Skill is <3 Facet of Chaos/Chaotic Release <3 .

cc, Knockback, versatile (bait dodges, interrupt rezzes), Instant cast (instant benefit from Elite Skill bonuses ), Defensive (Protection) and Offensive usage, nice animation, ... .

Simply one of the best :3

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably Impact Strike, nothing like a good whaaaat reaction that you sometimes get from insta finished players.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Rhyse.8179Rhyse.8179 Member ✭✭✭

I can't actually think of any. Most of them are either too weak to be noteworthy, or one too long of a cooldown to be useful. There a few exceptions, but those just end up being the same as normal utility skills. I use Flesh Golem, Glyph of Greater Elementals, and Mantra of Liberation quite a lot - but all of those are literally just mild buffs to normal utilities.

• Elixir X and Fiery great sword.

Even though tornado sucks.

• Sneak Gyro! It may not be powerful, but it's really handy kitten.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like Prime Light Beam aesthetically, yet I prefer Impact Strike for the lines shouted durring stomps ("YOU'RE HISTORY!", "GET WRECKED!"). They're probably the only two I'd take when coolness > practicality.

• Lucius.2140Lucius.2140 Member ✭✭✭

Charrzooka.

For the Blood Legion! - 11 charr

• Elite Mortar kit..

So much utility... and no CD... so you can call the the field you need... and finisj it...

• Prime light beam (aka Special Beam Cannon)

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018

I know this is probably not popular, but I love the sylvari invulnerable/sprout seed turret skill.

This is followed closely by Norn Bear, except I hate the super long CD.

Most class elites suck, imo.

• Omega Mccoy.4237Omega Mccoy.4237 Member ✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018

Not an elite skill, but my favorite ability is the Hundred Blade when done by an Azura.
    As for elite skill I would say my favorite is Winds of Disenchantment or Supply Crate.

Actually now that I think of it, my favorite is Shadow Meld.

• Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭

Flesh shark. Flesh golem finally learned how to swim

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

• calb.3128calb.3128 Member ✭✭✭

@Wolfb.7025 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:
    I like Prime Light Beam. Love firing it into a group and just watch players flop.

TIRO FINALE

asdf, sadly I haven't seen other classes elite skills, but I'm in love with all the Holosmith has to offer. Prime Light Beam just looks so freakin cool.

Yes! The only way you could make it any better would be by sticking it on a shark. Sharks with freaking laser beams, that's cool.

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭

artillery barrage, strongest skill in the game.

• Awn.1327Awn.1327 Member ✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018

For me it's "Embrace the Darkness" while channeling Mallyx. It feels like a super power. All stats boosted, AoE torment & burn, unblockable, ignore blindness, gain resistance & damage reduction (from traits), no cooldown, and simply amazing visuals, like wrapped in deep purple abyssal demonic energy, demon face, an avatar of destruction.

Mallyx occasionally shouts "Now you shall witness true ultimate power!" on use. I mean... c'mon... how much cooler can it get?

Everytime I activate it, my inner voice goes MWAHAHA.

• @Lily.1935 said:
    Don't have one. None of them really stand out to me. They're all pretty bland in my opinion. They aren't defining like they where in GW1.

OH! Actually. If we can include GW1 into it it would be a toss up between Virulence and Fevered dreams! Both so much fun to use! Spiteful Spirit was awesome too! Also any of the avatar skills on dervish. Aura of the Lich! OH oh! PAINIC! mmm. Soul Twisting was good too. Beguiling haze was awesome. Moebius Strike was fun. Hundread Blades and vow of strength! Discord was neat, but not personally a big fan. Lost of people loved it though. What about Xinrae's Weapon! Yes yes! Healer's Boon was sick. As was Unyielding Aura. Can't forget about Savannah Heat. WHY WASN'T THAT ADDED INTO THE GAME WITH PoF ANET???? Searing Flames was great. Used that a lot. Ray of Judgment was pretty awesome too. just a death pillar of light from the sky. No biggy... lol. Barrage was iconic and fun to use.

GW1 elites were so iconic and integral to build making. In GW2 its just like... Oh yeah.. they exist.

This is pretty much how I feel about elite skills in GW2 as well, so I guess my answer is Avatar of Melandru, but the GW1 version, not the GW2 version. The Dervish Avatars were so much better than the forms in GW2 since they're designed around interaction with the rest of your build, rather than making your build disappear.

As an Engineer main, I usually take Mortar Kit since it's at least situationally useful, but I really wish I could take a utility skill instead of an elite. Ironically, I could do this in GW1, but I'd only ever want to on a character who didn't have any elite skills yet!

• @Lily.1935 said:
    GW1 elites were so iconic and integral to build making. In GW2 its just like... Oh yeah.. they exist.

How can they be so iconic tho when there's just so many ?
    I'm one of those HoM plebs that started with GW2 and then got around to doing GW1 to get rewards. One of the many things that throw me off, aside from static combat and no jumping, is the sheer amount of skills. They all get lost in the stream and 90% of the time i have no idea what the enemy is even using, unless it's some vaguely familiar skill of my main class.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jade Winds

Pbaoe radius 600 3 sec stun to 5 targets and applies 6 vulnerability. Oh and it has a 5 sec cool down.
    Looks powerful, feels powerful, is powerful.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• @ChartFish.1308 said:

@Lily.1935 said:

How can they be so iconic tho when there's just so many ?
    I'm one of those HoM plebs that started with GW2 and then got around to doing GW1 to get rewards. One of the many things that throw me off, aside from static combat and no jumping, is the sheer amount of skills. They all get lost in the stream and 90% of the time i have no idea what the enemy is even using, unless it's some vaguely familiar skill of my main class.

Iconic because elite was the pillar of each build.
    Many elites were great with a well-thoughts skills. Some players have been very creative with wonderful builds based on less used elites.

In gw2, elites are just a+ utilities (or a-). On top of that, the choice is extremelly limitated, it clearly shows ANet doesnt really care about elites anymore

• Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I have also found Guild Wars 2 Elites to be underwhelming most of the time, there are a few really powerful ones like Shadow Meld, but they are situational. My favourite all round Elite is probably Basilisk Venom. Short cool down, shared with allies, great CC burst for PvE and a powerful stun in PvP

• @Omnicron.2467 said:
    Yeah I have also found Guild Wars 2 Elites to be underwhelming most of the time, there are a few really powerful ones like Shadow Meld, but they are situational. My favourite all round Elite is probably Basilisk Venom. Short cool down, shared with allies, great CC burst for PvE and a powerful stun in PvP

Yes but as far as I am concerned, basilic venoms is on par with other utilities. It is great because of short cooldown.
    When you play solo pve, it is just terrible.

• This is a good question! If we're talking about in PvE, I have to go with...Gravity Well, Headbutt and Winds of Disenchantment. For PvP/WvW, the daredevil's elite chain is OP as heck so I have to go with that xD

• @aimz.6287 said:
    As the title stands.. mines probably Soulcleave Summit, being able to give leeching to the whole party 450 dmg and 450 healing on every hit they do for a decent amount of time I find that very helpful in any situation

Same

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

Renewed Focus. Or Chaotic Release.

• aimz.6287aimz.6287 Member ✭✭✭

I agree though gw1 elites where definitely more special maybe anet should put a good barrier around the skill and make it look fancy like gw1 lol

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@Lily.1935 said:
    Don't have one. None of them really stand out to me. They're all pretty bland in my opinion. They aren't defining like they where in GW1.

OH! Actually. If we can include GW1 into it it would be a toss up between Virulence and Fevered dreams! Both so much fun to use! Spiteful Spirit was awesome too! Also any of the avatar skills on dervish. Aura of the Lich! OH oh! PAINIC! mmm. Soul Twisting was good too. Beguiling haze was awesome. Moebius Strike was fun. Hundread Blades and vow of strength! Discord was neat, but not personally a big fan. Lost of people loved it though. What about Xinrae's Weapon! Yes yes! Healer's Boon was sick. As was Unyielding Aura. Can't forget about Savannah Heat. WHY WASN'T THAT ADDED INTO THE GAME WITH PoF ANET???? Searing Flames was great. Used that a lot. Ray of Judgment was pretty awesome too. just a death pillar of light from the sky. No biggy... lol. Barrage was iconic and fun to use.

This is pretty much how I feel about elite skills in GW2 as well, so I guess my answer is Avatar of Melandru, but the GW1 version, not the GW2 version. The Dervish Avatars were so much better than the forms in GW2 since they're designed around interaction with the rest of your build, rather than making your build disappear.

As an Engineer main, I usually take Mortar Kit since it's at least situationally useful, but I really wish I could take a utility skill instead of an elite. Ironically, I could do this in GW1, but I'd only ever want to on a character who didn't have any elite skills yet!

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd say thieves guild but they neither have the uptime of something like a flesh golem nor the fighting power to make them worth using. I'd say the asuran power suit but every power suit aside of the one from sky drop is just trash. So I guess dagger storm it is.

• Thieves Guild. There's a nice variety of them in terms of weapons and skills. As AI goes they're pretty capable fighters and can hold their own. They even got their own racial lines too, they're probably my favourite thing about thief. The only thing I hate about them is their pitiful lifespan. 30 seconds is such a waste. I'd be willing to slash their damage if I could keep them as permanent minions though.

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VixusIrine.9013 said:
    I'd be willing to slash their damage if I could keep them as permanent minions though.

Their damage is already pretty much non existent (they do ~ 6% of what an actual player does e.g. one hit from unload does about 2k damage if it comes from a player (assuming casual OW) the summon does only ~120), they're good meatshields but as they are right now they should work like nocro summons or get a secnificant power boost.

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭

Demon and dwarf elite

Just dodge

@calb.3128 said:

@Wolfb.7025 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:

TIRO FINALE

Yes! The only way you could make it any better would be by sticking it on a shark. Sharks with freaking laser beams, that's cool.

At this moment i ask myself if i am the only one who hot that reference.

@VixusIrine.9013 said:
    Thieves Guild. There's a nice variety of them in terms of weapons and skills. As AI goes they're pretty capable fighters and can hold their own. They even got their own racial lines too, they're probably my favourite thing about thief. The only thing I hate about them is their pitiful lifespan. 30 seconds is such a waste. I'd be willing to slash their damage if I could keep them as permanent minions though.

Coolest thing about them is that they ajust accirdibg to the elite spec. Pretty unique for a core elite skill.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jaunt is life.

But I love the cast animation, sound and visual effect of Mass Invis - the effects are really well made here and very satisfying.

Oh and Impact Strike chain is just too cool, so that gets honourable mention. :)

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• I love "Chilled to the Bone!" on my Reaper, especially when you have the right traits for it. It's got a pretty short recharge as well, plus I feel like it's one of the better elite abilities for a Necromancer in general.

"To mend and defend."

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@calb.3128 said:

@Wolfb.7025 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:

TIRO FINALE

Haha i got it too

• Razi.6031Razi.6031 Member ✭✭
    edited September 10, 2018

The new daggerstorm has become my favourite.. it's basically a 4 sec invun+reflect that can dish out quite good damage. In wvw now, I love using it on a blob fight. Cast shadow flair in the centre, cast DS, port in the fray, count to 4, port back out, tag everything, safely enter stealth and watch the wxp roll in XD

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

winds of disenchantment, atleast has a big enough impact to be noticeable in zergfighting, most other elites are just not rly noticeable and have like 0 impact on the game

• Gravity well.
    I just love it...

• aimz.6287aimz.6287 Member ✭✭✭

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@calb.3128 said:

@Wolfb.7025 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:

TIRO FINALE

Everyone knows what that’s from lol... AP

• aceofbass.2163aceofbass.2163 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018

Winds of disenchantment!

• MikeL.8260MikeL.8260 Member ✭✭✭

Jaunt, hands down. In all it's simplicity it's one of the most helpful and fun skills to use.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.