Random BSOD in ONLY this game?

I have a 6 core AMD processor, 16 gb RAM, GTX 1080 video card, Windows 10, and since I installed GW2 3 days ago I have experienced random BSOD. They happen about every couple hours. I don't have to be doing anything either, they happen when I'm just standing idol sometime.

Now PLEASE don't tell me it's MY system because it's not! There is something with this particular game that is not compatible with my system. I'm a heavy gamer and play a dozen other games much more system intensive than this one. But, for the record, this is what I have done so far:

1. Made sure all my drivers are up to date.
  2. Tried two other high end video cards.
  3. tried different RAM sticks.
  4. Ran extensive CPU diagnostic tests.
  5. Re-installed the game three times using different SSD's.
  6. Cranked the graphics down to low ( I'm using the 64 bit version of GW2 )

The only thing I can think of I haven't done is installed the 32 bit version of the game. However, most everything I have is 64 bit, except maybe a few MMORPG's and Shooters. My rig is less than 2 years old also. And keep in mind that it ONLY happens in GW2.

Any ideas what's wrong with this game?

BSOD-crashes are (at least for me) a rather rare occurence. If that happens there should be a reason printed on the screen at the very bottom i think. Something like "Memory Management" or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or whatever else makes win10 feel uncomfortable.It would be helpful if you write that info in your post.

I can torment my whole system with the most resources hoggish games and nothing happens.I play GW2 and encounter random crashes (recently i started playing the Engi and in 1 day i had 2 crashes and 1 BSOD. the whole month before on a different class i had no crashes. I dont think it has something to do with the Engi, but it was very strange nonetheless)

copy the error statement in your bsod including error code (eg: 0x000000ed). someone might be able to point you in a better direction after this. bsod reasons are usually very many and it doesn't mean it has to point to gw2. just to keep your expectations in check, someone might ask for a windows report from event log. gl. and yes, whatever you or anybody says, it could be your system.

@Mijorious.2498 said:

Now PLEASE don't tell me it's MY system because it's not! There is something with this particular game that is not compatible with my system. I'm a heavy gamer and play a dozen other games much more system intensive than this one. But, for the record, this is what I have done so far:

How can you be so sure? This game was famous for killing gpu when it was released. This game is demanding on other components you didnt think of like the pcie bus.

The only thing I can think of I haven't done is installed the 32 bit version of the game. However, most everything I have is 64 bit, except maybe a few MMORPG's and Shooters. My rig is less than 2 years old also. And keep in mind that it ONLY happens in GW2.

Any ideas what's wrong with this game?

This game is demanding. MMORPG is literally every problem in the software industry crumped up into one game.

Archived