[Suggestion] Option to delete all event items

Zoid.2568

This is part of the game to increase the amount of inventory bags and the size of their contents, either by crafting or via purchasing. Now if you don't want to do that, don't forget that at any time from anywhere, you can map travel cost free to PvP and WvW, to use bank, TP and merchants: Once done, you are returned straight to where you were before by just leaving the place. :)

One fringe benefit to doing key runs (besides the obvious key) is that you have a toon that you delete weekly, so you can throw stuff into the bank (via the WvW bank access), dump it on the key toon, and then when you remake it, all that stuff goes buh-bye. It's also handy for dealing with excess Dragonite|Empyreal|Bloodstone beyond what a normal person can process.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:This is part of the game to increase the amount of inventory bags and the size of their contents, either by crafting or via purchasing. Now if you don't want to do that, don't forget that at any time from anywhere, you can map travel cost free to PvP and WvW, to use bank, TP and merchants: Once done, you are returned straight to where you were before by just leaving the place. :)

He mentioned event items. Those are the items which you get only when specific events are up, and can use it only at those specific events. These items cannot be sold, deposited or anything like that. They may only be deleted, or used at those events.What he wants is that we would have an option to insta delete all of them from our inventory. Going to the banker/trader wont make that any faster since the only way to get rid of them is to manualy delete them.

@"Glider.5792" said:He mentioned event items. Those are the items which you get only when specific events are up, and can use it only at those specific events. These items cannot be sold, deposited or anything like that. They may only be deleted, or used at those events.What he wants is that we would have an option to insta delete all of them from our inventory. Going to the banker/trader wont make that any faster since the only way to get rid of them is to manualy delete them.

Sorry, but he is speaking about doing in a row several events and hearts => Extract: "Sometimes when I do many events or hearts they will fill up many slots and keep staying there for a long time, only to waste bag space." Between two events and/or hearts, there is enough time to empty bags via map travelling to PvP/WvW?

Don't misunderstand me: I don't tell that the proposed option is good or bad, I just offer an alternative until this potential deletion option is maybe added in the future: Increased amount of bags and their size, or use PvP/WvW to empty inventory, that without having to leave the place since you are returned to before. That way, you gain free slots and can postpone massive deletion action.

Now my very personal opinion: This is certainly a nice to have option, but I don't understand how it is possible to have so many of those items (with which we can do nothing else than deleting). Although I repeat world completion and LS areas completion as a regular activity, during which I combine doing events on my way with doing hearts, I never have that case. Maybe a matter of bags size? I am more bothered by the tons of green rune to be sold one by one to merchant. But I am lazy... =) And this is a matter of preferences of course. :3

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:

@"Glider.5792" said:He mentioned event items. Those are the items which you get only when specific events are up, and can use it only at those specific events. These items cannot be sold, deposited or anything like that. They may only be deleted, or used at those events.What he wants is that we would have an option to insta delete all of them from our inventory. Going to the banker/trader wont make that any faster since the only way to get rid of them is to manualy delete them.

Sorry, but he is speaking about doing in a row several events and hearts => Extract: "Sometimes when I do many events or hearts they will fill up many slots and keep staying there for a long time, only to waste bag space." Between two events and/or hearts, there is enough time to empty bags via map travelling to PvP/WvW?

Don't misunderstand me: I don't tell that the proposed option is good or bad, I just offer an alternative until this potential deletion option is maybe added in the future: Increased amount of bags and their size, or use PvP/WvW to empty inventory, that without having to leave the place since you are returned to before. That way, you gain free slots and can postpone massive deletion action.

Now my very personal opinion: This is certainly a nice to have option, but I don't understand how it is possible to have so many of those items (with which we can do nothing else than deleting). Although I repeat world completion and LS areas completion as a regular activity, during which I combine doing events on my way with doing hearts, I never have that case. Maybe a matter of bags size? I am more bothered by the tons of green rune to be sold one by one to merchant. But I am lazy... =) And this is a matter of preferences of course. :3

I no longer have problems with these items, but when i started playing (6 years ago) they were quite an annoyance. The main reason behind it was mainly not knowing what is actual "trash" and what might actualy be useful.Im encountering this issue now again when im playing PoF with GF. She does not know which items are imporant, which are trash etc. so her inventory keeps being filled up with thing which even i am seeing for the first time. Alot of these are event items, or collection items, which do not get salvaged, sold or deposited.

And yes, getting bigger bags would help, but it still wont help people get rid of items, which are just wasting space. Some people dont know what is useful/valuable, so they might end up sticking with them for ages (while the only thing they do is add 3% to one specific heart).

How about a gemstore item--The Incinerator. You could choose multiple items from your backpack, click a button to burn them all at once, and get a lump of coal or obsidian or something in exchange. And it would have an 'undo' button (like the sell-back buttons on the merchants) in case you accidentally fried something you wanted to keep.

Archived