Bought game and can't play it properly? Why???

I posted this elsewhere but was told it needed to be posted here, so here it is . . . . .

My wife and I took a few days off for vacation. We are pretty heavy gamers and wanted to try GW2. We created our accounts and tried it out. After a day or two we decided to purchase it. We decided on out crafting professions and went to it. Then we tried to swap our resources like we always do and we cannot, NO P2P trading. Ok, no biggie. We'll just mail them to each other. Tried that and cannot! We have to wait for days. Then we decided to just level and went to the broker to buy better armor. We cannot! We again have to wait for days. She needed some silver for something so I went to send her some. We cannot again!!!

Whats going on? Our vacation is almost over and this game is crippled. We love GW2 but it seems we wasted our money on it since we cannot do anything more than a free to play player can even after we spent money on it. Whats going on??????

I hate waiting on refunds but it's heading that way. When can we send stuff or buy off the broker? We created our accounts 4 days ago and bought the game 2 days ago. We only have 2 more days to play this game the way we want ( long day sessions ).

Can someone shed some light on this? I've NEVER heard of anything this ridiculous that after paying money to buy a game you still cannot play it as a paid player.

''Paid accounts (newly created or upgraded from Play4Free accounts) cannot send any mail attachments until 7 days (of real-world) time have passed.''The blockade to trading/mailing isnt ridiculous in this day and age, those are pretty much the basics for eliminating gold sellers/spammers/bots/scammers

Have you ever seen Black Desert Online? There are absolutely no playertrading whatsoever except Health Potions :)

I upgraded my account, but the game is still acting as though I’m on a free account!After you upgrade a free account, you’ll need to exit the game and re-log to see your permissions change.

Note that there’s also a longer delay (up to five days) before mail attachments, the Black Lion Trading Company, and guild banks are unlocked. You should see a message in-game displaying the time remaining before you have full access to these features.

sourcehttps://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

Same goes for sending stuff through mail aswell.EditYou can thank gold sellers for this restriction as they need to verify your funds and it will take 72 hours, if they gave free access right away bad people could buy possibly 1000s of accounts with stolen credit cards and wreck havoc on the economy.

It used to be instant. Until fraud charges starting showing up from bought accounts. ANet decided this "cooldown" period is the most appropriate to minimize their risk of getting in trouble due fraudulent credit card usage.

A shame.

On the upside, waiting a few days is quite nothing for those of us who now are here for five years or longer. :3 "

tip: you won't really need to trade or use the market for a while longer, the game provides you with everything, including decent gears, as you level up to 80. Once you actually could get a use out of the market, it should had been enough time for your account to get fully unlocked. Until then, get in the habit of salvaging / storing all crafting materials. You'll be able to make some neat income selling all that in the market if you won't care about crafting later on.

There is a lock on the recent purchased version of the game when it comes to mail/trade of I believe 4 days (on the hour it opened). This has to do something with some protection in game... After this time it will be freely open for the both of you... So you just have to be patient a little like everyone has been. I believe the trading post tells you the time you still have to wait. So if you bought your game 2 day ago, you have to wait at least 2 more days for it to open up.

Thank you all. However . . . .I go back to work in 2 days and my playtime is over. I bought the game for my6 wife and I so we can play together on my vacation. So, I'll have to get my money back because we cannot play. You see, in our gaming of over 20 years we have been mostly crafters. She does one profession and I do another and we help each other with materials. This cannot happen in this game. We didn't know this before I opened my wallet. As in all other games, when you buy it, you have full access. But not here I guess.

As for Black Desert online, we played that for over a year with no issues. I bought the game and we had full access. We used the mail system to swap materials. That would have been fine here but we can't do it. As for buying on the market, we need armor and weapons in the low levels. We are both still under level 20 and our gear sucks. We can't buy it or craft it because we have Mats each other needs.

I'll read the article posted, but I don't think it'll help us out with our playtime. Unfortunately, being able to play for only a day or two comfortably doesn't justify the amount I paid for the game. Shame because we really liked it. We just wanted to play something new and engross ourselves in GW2 this week while on vacation.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

" I guess we're back to EQ2, BDO, and SWTOR "

The reason for this is because of the number of fraudulent accounts purchased by gold sellers, using stolen credit cards. Yes, it sucks. Blame the gold sellers, if you want to blame someone. If they wouldn't use stolen credit cards to purchase accounts, these limitations would not be necessary.

I guess if you were only going to play the game for a week or less anyway, you would be disappointed. Not really worth purchasing if you were only going to play for the one week. The thing is, your purchase allows you to play for years and years; weekends, vacations, days off, etc. Most MMO players do play more than 1 week.

Good luck wherever your gaming leads you.

In answer to the questions from your other thread:

From the Wiki (which is a great resource for all things GW2):

The amount of items and coin transferable is capped for newer accounts. The cap is gradually alleviated as you progress in the game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mail

You/your wife should easily be able to collect the mats needed to craft L20(26) items, not that they would make much of a difference. We all started with nothing, and played our way up to L80 without too much trouble. You could always ask your guild-mates/friends/other players to help if you need assistance completing an event/content.

Otherwise, I'm sure whatever gear has dropped is sufficient to complete the 5 starter maps, and the 4 15-25 maps.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone

Again, welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Shame to see you give up that fast. You do not need the trading post for gears, you can buy them from karma npcs (karma you get plenty from events in open world). When it comes to crafting, all materials can be deposited up to 250 for each in your material storage. Each character can have 2 crafts as well. Crafting is not really needed to proceed at all (not before lvl 80 and you're thinking about ascended). Even exotic level 80 items can be bought either with karma or game gold in trading post as a free player without purchased account. This game is not working the same as a standard mmo. There is no infinite gearing in this game (lvl 80 exotics is all you need and for fractals you can upgrade it to ascended with fractals/craft). As for that unlock.... it should be unlocked already since its 5 days ago now...

Archived