For all those tempest hk for Deimos.

blambidy.3216

Can y’all help me for advice in the build. I have ascended minstrel armor, and then ascended magi trinkets. Using arcane shield and rebound. And I’m still having a tough time with the hands. Can anyone give me any advise? I can only make it to about second phase, hands are all over the place.

Well most people run herald I believe, so my information may be a bit off as this is a bit of a rare choice. I don't hands kite, but I organize my static, and I tend to have an idea of what everything does.

3 things: I believe ele hk's usually replace monk runes with runes of rebirth, because an outgoing heal modifier doesn't help you stay alive. The rebirth 6'th rune bonus is a backup in case you mess up for bubble.

I believe you get a block when your health goes below 50%, if you want to 5 stack, I believe using that trait off cooldown is necessary.

Make sure you auto attack the ground to splash water/heals onto yourself.

@TexZero.7910 said:i know some like to also run conjure earth shield for the extra invlun.So you basically have CES/Rebound/Arcane. Then its just a matter of painting properly which comes from experience.

My problem is hand control. For some reason with the toughness I have and magi gear, I can't heal through the hands. I can survive mind crush. But then when I try to stack hands I have to get out of the way. So instead of less hands, theres a million of hands.

@thrag.9740 said:Well most people run herald I believe, so my information may be a bit off as this is a bit of a rare choice. I don't hands kite, but I organize my static, and I tend to have an idea of what everything does.

3 things: I believe ele hk's usually replace monk runes with runes of rebirth, because an outgoing heal modifier doesn't help you stay alive. The rebirth 6'th rune bonus is a backup in case you mess up for bubble.

I believe you get a block when your health goes below 50%, if you want to 5 stack, I believe using that trait off cooldown is necessary.

I replaced my runes with rebirth, but ever since im having a harder time with rebirth runes then monk, and i have no idea why. I can last the mind crush but after them hands just kill me. Should i use a different heal skill then the glyph?

@blambidy.3216 said:

@thrag.9740 said:Well most people run herald I believe, so my information may be a bit off as this is a bit of a rare choice. I don't hands kite, but I organize my static, and I tend to have an idea of what everything does.

I replaced my runes with rebirth, but ever since im having a harder time with rebirth runes then monk, and i have no idea why. I can last the mind crush but after them hands just kill me. Should i use a different heal skill then the glyph?

I would guess its just a coincidence, I don't see how monk runes would help you heal yourself better than rebirth, unless I'm missing something. I would assume glyph heal is your best choice. The last time I looked at hands kiter builds, most of the hits would be blocked. Since ele doesn't have as many blocks, I would assume that upkeeping protection on yourself is pretty essential. Assuming protection helps negate damage from the hands. Do you have permanent protection on yourself?

Sigils of renewal/water can be helpful, the ones you're currently using are worthless for kiting. Armor of earth generally isnt worth, you can get more value from flash freeze for example. Earth shield also has higher value over mist form since you get 2 invulns for same cooldown, as well as some barrier and protection+aura proc. Use stone heart btw, diamond skin is useless. If you're in water attunement, always spam autos under yourself for more sustain. Latent stamina in tempest might be better option since overloads arent very present while kiting. Always blast ice field when it's ready.

I used to kite with arcane instead of earth and feel the burn, flash freeze and shield. Arcane gives you better sustain and very good uptimes on regen and prot (blasting ice field with earth dodge is also quite strong). You can also heal allies more and even revive from range when they go down. The problem is that you take more damage, but you cant stack hands as well as other classes anyway, so you might as well bring more heals.

If hands are all over the place that means that you're moving too fast or your group dps is terrible. While hands are spawning you can always dodge in and out of stack of hands so they spawn on already "infested" area. Having vigor helps a lot, which is why I like arcane version more (but you can also play with earth and bring more shouts).

@"steki.1478" said:Sigils of renewal/water can be helpful, the ones you're currently using are worthless for kiting. Armor of earth generally isnt worth, you can get more value from flash freeze for example. Earth shield also has higher value over mist form since you get 2 invulns for same cooldown, as well as some barrier and protection+aura proc. Use stone heart btw, diamond skin is useless. If you're in water attunement, always spam autos under yourself for more sustain. Latent stamina in tempest might be better option since overloads arent very present while kiting. Always blast ice field when it's ready.

I used to kite with arcane instead of earth and feel the burn, flash freeze and shield. Arcane gives you better sustain and very good uptimes on regen and prot (blasting ice field with earth dodge is also quite strong). You can also heal allies more and even revive from range when they go down. The problem is that you take more damage, but you cant stack hands as well as other classes anyway, so you might as well bring more heals.

If hands are all over the place that means that you're moving too fast or your group dps is terrible. While hands are spawning you can always dodge in and out of stack of hands so they spawn on already "infested" area. Having vigor helps a lot, which is why I like arcane version more (but you can also play with earth and bring more shouts).

I’m probably moving too fast then. And I’ll try arcane instead of earth and see if that helps me more.

Since ele can’t stack as many hands, how many should I stack before dodging out?

Do you need the boon duration? If not, might I suggest swapping minstrels out for a cleric/magi mix, enough cleric gear to get to 1400 toughness, then use magi for the rest. You'll give up boon duration but get more health and healing power in return. Also, try swapping out earth for arcane. Final shielding will really help out, and elemental surge will reduce the cd of your arcane shield, or use evasive arcana to get a heal on dodge. Also try swapping out earth armor for water signet for a 20 cd 3k heal, or earth shield for some 30 sec cd 3 sec iinvulnerabilities. Finaly, I prefer wash the pain away over healing glyph simply for the pulsing heal on it.

@thrag.9740 said:

I would guess its just a coincidence, I don't see how monk runes would help you heal yourself better than rebirth, unless I'm missing something. I would assume glyph heal is your best choice. The last time I looked at hands kiter builds, most of the hits would be blocked. Since ele doesn't have as many blocks, I would assume that upkeeping protection on yourself is pretty essential. Assuming protection helps negate damage from the hands. Do you have permanent protection on yourself?

I would assume I don’t have permanent protection cause I’m being killed by hands lol.

@blambidy.3216 said:

I would assume I don’t have permanent protection cause I’m being killed by hands lol.There's also the 4 rune bonus of monk runes. From the wiki:Boon Duration; 25% chance when struck to heal for a small amount. The amount healed by the (4) bonus at level 80 is: Healing.png Healing: 645 (1.0)?

@Sephylon.4938 said:Do you need the boon duration? If not, might I suggest swapping minstrels out for a cleric/magi mix, enough cleric gear to get to 1400 toughness, then use magi for the rest. You'll give up boon duration but get more health and healing power in return. Also, try swapping out earth for arcane. Final shielding will really help out, and elemental surge will reduce the cd of your arcane shield, or use evasive arcana to get a heal on dodge. Also try swapping out earth armor for water signet for a 20 cd 3k heal, or earth shield for some 30 sec cd 3 sec iinvulnerabilities. Finaly, I prefer wash the pain away over healing glyph simply for the pulsing heal on it.

I have a minstrel/magi set up. Armor and weapon is minstrel and trinkets are magi. Only thing is that clerics have no vitality.

@blambidy.3216 said:

@"steki.1478" said:Sigils of renewal/water can be helpful, the ones you're currently using are worthless for kiting. Armor of earth generally isnt worth, you can get more value from flash freeze for example. Earth shield also has higher value over mist form since you get 2 invulns for same cooldown, as well as some barrier and protection+aura proc. Use stone heart btw, diamond skin is useless. If you're in water attunement, always spam autos under yourself for more sustain. Latent stamina in tempest might be better option since overloads arent very present while kiting. Always blast ice field when it's ready.

I’m probably moving too fast then. And I’ll try arcane instead of earth and see if that helps me more.

Since ele can’t stack as many hands, how many should I stack before dodging out?

Just move constantly, but not by much, so you dont spread them too much. Always stand in radius of saul's banner since it gives good heal over time. Make sure to dodge in and out of hands when you have endurance and stand still if hands arent spawning (they spawn in patches of 5 with a few seconds break); make sure that you're dodging in water attunement or that you have water/ice field when dodging in earth. Use glyph in earth spec for more protection, regen should always have high uptime. Never use overloads unless you're very low on hp and you have no heals left.

Example: there's like 20 hands nearby and you're around 50% hp - you drop water 5 or 4, you dodge inside hands while still in F2, you dodge outside while swapping to earth mid-dodge, you drop earth 2 right before F2 becomes ready, you swap to water and cast any field on top of eruption. Since earth 3 can now be detonated, which gives protection and blast finisher, you can also use it to blast a field. Make sure that you have as many blasts ready for ice field since you get more healing from regen on frost aura compared to blasting water field. You can blast it 4 times using water 2>water 4, earth dodge, earth 3 detonate and aftershock (it might be better than feel the burn since it gives 2 auras when you blast ice field) and you get 6 aura procs in that proces.

It's worth mentioning that static field and shock wave can stop mobs (forgot if unsteady ground works).

Been abit of time since I last did hk on temp, I mainly do it on herald atm. here is my build that I use on temp:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9Mg9XCWYCcYiFRAzttGXzrEdgNQWcIAAA-jhxGQBDZ/BAcBAon6P1S5H5eAgOAPqEkUAZuSD-e

It is harder to stack alot of hands on temp compered to herald, so I normally only stack 2 or 3 at a time. A small trick to stack a few more is to dodge into already stacked hands and dodge out again. This way you will stack 2 or 3 extra hands at the cost of your 2 dodges.Also make sure to have proct. either from your overload, 2*shouts or from water 2-->4 (blast on ice field).

I also generally make sure to AA on either deimos or something else whenever I can, but thats more to help heal the group. Since hk become to boring without, tbh I never leave water but thats mainly becouse I dont need to. Might be some benefits to go earth some times. If you go to earth, then remember that it give you 150 thoughness, so care you dont take tank (and if your tank have enough thoughness that going to earth is ok, then get some more minstreal and stay in water haha)

Guts posted a video of tempest kiting deimos hands in the early released of wing4 . Do check it out. Done my Deimos cm in early wing 4 , where we have a guardian kiting hands (#pugway). I prefer to have rev hand kites.. cos when something goes wrong.. he become tank and I kite hands as druid instead .. raid goes on xD and good rev kite occasionally place tablets with the group keeping an eye on the group.. so he doesn't fall asleep alone..

Hope the link helps ??

@"blambidy.3216" said:Basically this is my build, so if anyone thinks i need to adjust, please let me know what you would use. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFUQFAWnUMA9MgVOAGOAcYilNAjYFkCOju71/6hd4BEAKgA-jhxFQB4T9HAcBAM5+D5S5nIVCiuHAoDAA-e

I've been running a Tempest HK build for a lot of time and I have to say that you have to change a lot of thinks.

First of all, you must now that as a Tempest, you don't have a lot of ways to block the hands and stack them, so your best option is to overheal yourself. For that, I use monk runes and double transference sigil (one exotic and the other one rare). You can't stack the sigils if both are the same, but in that case, you have different sigils: one giving 10% outgoing ehaling and the other one a 5%, so it stacks up to 15% outgoing healing.

Also, I would change some skills: The healing skill should be the signet, because it will give you more sustained healing. Mist Form and Armor of Earth should be changed to Earth and Ice shouts. They will heal you thanks to your last trait of Tempest and will give you some utilities:

• Ice shout will give you frost aura, to reduce the incoming damage on a 10%.
  • Earth shout will make a blast for your water fields, so you will get more healing burst when you need it.

About the traits, I would change the Earth traits to Arcane 1-3-2 (the first one doesn't really matter). This way, you will have an extra arcane shield if you lose too much health and less cooldown on your Arcane Shield.

@Rembar.7298 said:@"blambidy.3216" said:Basically this is my build, so if anyone thinks i need to adjust, please let me know what you would use.

I've been running a Tempest HK build for a lot of time and I have to say that you have to change a lot of thinks.

First of all, you must now that as a Tempest, you don't have a lot of ways to block the hands and stack them, so your best option is to overheal yourself. For that, I use monk runes and double transference sigil (one exotic and the other one rare). You can't stack the sigils if both are the same, but in that case, you have different sigils: one giving 10% outgoing ehaling and the other one a 5%, so it stacks up to 15% outgoing healing.

As far as I've checked, tested, and double checked using Arc and the combat log, all "Outgoing healing" bonuses don't affect yourself. As such, how would stacking Sigils of Transference--assuming that actually works--help in any way?

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:As far as I've checked, tested, and double checked using Arc and the combat log, all "Outgoing healing" bonuses don't affect yourself. As such, how would stacking Sigils of Transference--assuming that actually works--help in any way?

It may be a bug on the Arc logs? I don't know, but I always got more healing from having more outgoing healing on myself.

And both sigils stacks. I doesn't stack if both are the same sigil (Superior Sigil of Transference x2 = 10%), but if both are different, they do (Superior Sigil of Transference + Major Sigil of Transference = 15%).

@Rembar.7298 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:As far as I've checked, tested, and double checked using Arc and the combat log, all "Outgoing healing" bonuses don't affect yourself. As such, how would stacking Sigils of Transference--assuming that actually works--help in any way?

It may be a bug on the Arc logs? I don't know, but I always got more healing from having more outgoing healing on myself.

And both sigils stacks. I doesn't stack if both are the same sigil (Superior Sigil of Transference x2 = 10%), but if both are different, they do (Superior Sigil of Transference + Major Sigil of Transference = 15%).

Outgoing healing affects healing done to allies other than yourself.

@Rembar.7298 said:

Sigils of Transference don't stack, even if they are different rarity.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:As far as I've checked, tested, and double checked using Arc and the combat log, all "Outgoing healing" bonuses don't affect yourself. As such, how would stacking Sigils of Transference--assuming that actually works--help in any way?

Sigils of Transference don't stack, even if they are different rarity.

That video is not a proof, as it checks only healing on self, and Transference doesn't affect that at all. You'd need to check that on a second person.

And Rembar, i am afraid that your "more healing with both sigils" is purely a perception issue, not an actual increase. Outgoing healing bonus doesn't affect self-healing. Unless there's some relatively new bug i don't know about.

Archived