Can't buy gems using paypal [merged] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Can't buy gems using paypal [merged]

2>

Comments

• I've got the same problem right now. If I try to buy gems with PayPal I only get a red error at the end saying "please try again later". That's about it.
    I was able to buy gems in the past but right now it doesn't allow me to do so.

• Can't pay with Paypal either. Same Story as told here before. In the past everything worked fine. Please let me throw money at you. :anguished:

• same here, tried 2 diff cards and paypal nothing works, get to confirmation screen then hit ok and get quick red message that flashes so fast i cant read it then it just goes back to buy gems screen

• I got the same issue.
    I tried PayPal - no luck. Tried credit card (which works perfectly fine on any website/game) but no avail either. I keep getting the "Unfortunately an error has occured. Please try again later!" Message that pops up in a split second and then disappears again.
    Due to this issue, I haven't purchased gems in over a year while I used to spend €30 every 1-2 months.
    Recently tried to purchase an expansion for my second account. Same result through guildwars2.com website as well as in game...
    It's frustrating. I want to spend my money on a game I love, and they don't want it :<

• @Amemya.4986 said:
    I got the same issue.
    I tried PayPal - no luck. Tried credit card (which works perfectly fine on any website/game) but no avail either. I keep getting the "Unfortunately an error has occured. Please try again later!" Message that pops up in a split second and then disappears again.
    Due to this issue, I haven't purchased gems in over a year while I used to spend €30 every 1-2 months.
    Recently tried to purchase an expansion for my second account. Same result through guildwars2.com website as well as in game...
    It's frustrating. I want to spend my money on a game I love, and they don't want it :<

You'll need to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below for assistance (to possibly remove the flag on your account[s]).

Good luck.

• These Support people don't 'care if the company they are representing gets money, Digital River is also at Fallout 76 and I get same issues as you do, payment error then support says it's yo8ur bank or paypal and to contact them, meanwhile bank and paypal both say no transactions are happening and no decline happened. This is clearly a Digital River issue and Anet is seriously losing a lot of money by going with them, I've resorted to just buying Gem Cards off other sites to get a cool outfit I wanted. And Fallout 76 failure really was a boon that Digital River messes up that badly it saved me from spending any money on that besides the first purchase. Anet you really need to talk to Digital River about this issue.

• Credit Card doesn't work either to buy gems. Nothing changed on my side. Used to work fine in the past ...

• bought gems on the 15th just fine, now cant use paypal or credit card.

• Nikola.3841Nikola.3841 Member ✭✭

Same here...probably time for someone to get rid of credit cards and introduce blockchain payments

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

not able to use my Mastercard as well. The error messages just flashes for a split second and just telling, that unfortunately an error has occured.

Unfortunate for ArenaNet who doesn't get my money that is.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Ok that's strange... after placing just 5 more bucks onto my card, I was able to buy something again. It's like "He wants to pay 20 bucks and 20 bucks are on his card... nah!"

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• The whole issue is strange, it doesn't really matter what kind of payment option you use, i tried my creditcard, a paysafecard and online banking none of them worked.

• Vision.9074Vision.9074 Member ✭✭

It's interesting looking at the post history here that this seems to regularly happen every few months. I've been trying for a few days to purchase through PayPal and it flat out fails with an error.

• More than halfway through 2020 now and still this is a problem. It seems to be a recurring issue as I've read a lot of similar incidents. I'm trying to buy gems to take advantage of the anniversary sale but to no avail. Same problem as those who posted before me: Can't buy gems in-game through PayPal or my Credit Card. I just don't understand why. Does ArenaNet not want my money? I reckon they've lost a lot, I mean A LOT of paying customers because of this issue. Will there be a fix for this soon?

• I'm having the same problem. Support said the issue would be fixed with 12 hours. It's been almost 16 hours and still no response.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@rossballa.7610 said:
    I'm having the same problem. Support said the issue would be fixed with 12 hours. It's been almost 16 hours and still no response.

It took 18 hours for me, from the time they said it would be fixed within 12 hours to the time I got the email saying it's fixed.

The second email didn't say anything about what the problem was or what they had to do to fix it (I assume nothing to do with my card or Paypal account, because they didn't ask for any additional info) so I don't know if the extra delay was because it took longer than expected to fix it or because they're busier than usual. It didn't make a big difference to me because either way I would have gotten the second email in the middle of the night and wouldn't have seen it until the next morning.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Just wanted to chime in and tell that I'm experiencing the same issue: receiving an error message for a split of second when trying to purchase gems via PayPal and Paysafecard.

It seems that it is also no longer possible to buy gem cards in stores as an alternative, so there is currently no way to buy gems for me?

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

It took me about 3 business days to get resolved. Seemed longer, as it stretched over a weekend. It also took a 3rd level of person. But...I am not resolved! So please hang in there. Don't panic if you get a 'how was your experience' response, your ticket is still open. Sadly, I responded a bit snippy to that, thinking my ticket was closed, but apologized for being a spoiled brat and hopefully that smoothed things over. :#

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.