Automatic backstab from stealth problem

ParanoidKami.2867

When you're stealth and use Signet of Shadows you do an automatic backstab if you're near your enemy. Why does this happen?

I was in a match earlier today and decided to use it on someone so they would do less damage to me in stealth as I was trying to get away and instead I automatically attacked and got revealed. Ended up dying. I tested it on a golem after and if you're stealth every single time it will backstab if you're behind the golem and use the signet.

There is an issue with Death's Judgement as well when you use any other rifle skill from stealth. It seems to attempt to cast DJ for a split second before whatever other skill you activated - so the DJ sound effect plays - though I'm not sure if it reveals you, I haven't cared to test as I've always expected to be revealed when activating those abilities anyway.

@Turk.5460 said:There is an issue with Death's Judgement as well when you use any other rifle skill from stealth. It seems to attempt to cast DJ for a split second before whatever other skill you activated - so the DJ sound effect plays - though I'm not sure if it reveals you, I haven't cared to test as I've always expected to be revealed when activating those abilities anyway.

yes autoattack triggers on any type of attack, signets are considered attacks tho.

@"ParanoidKami.2867" said:Don't understand why signet would be considered an attack. It doesn't reveal you, but the autoattack does :s

Because most skills are considered "actions", which when used in conjunction with certain control settings causes the game to assume you're attacking that target. You can disable them all, plus unset auto attack on skill 1, but it makes the whole system unwieldy outside of that fringe case.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Many suggest to disable auto attack on thief. But it feels awkward to play without. It may be related, but my steath doesn't always work when fighting a few targets. For example I am auto and I use stealth. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all (or seems so)

You have to Stow Weapon and then use stealth if autoattacking.

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Many suggest to disable auto attack on thief. But it feels awkward to play without. It may be related, but my steath doesn't always work when fighting a few targets. For example I am auto and I use stealth. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all (or seems so)

You have to Stow Weapon and then use stealth if autoattacking.

Not always possible. Cloak and dagger for example. Doesn't always work ! Or maybe stow just after hit.

Archived