Support Scourge

Shaogin.2679

It's a support whose main job is to rez downed people, but if people are going down on your watch as a support, then you're kinda failing at the 1 thing you're supposed to be doing in the 1st place. Least that's my opinion on it. Also barrier is horrible: it caps at 50% of the receiver's max hp, and since everyone is running glass at t4, you over cap barriers by taking even a little healing power on all classes except war and necro, but then you need healing power to heal people with transfusion spam, but in order to spam transfusion, you need alot of lf. To get alot of lf you need alot of things dying to you, or to use staff/dagger. Same thing but worse if you take life from death to get the burst heal on desert shroud since now you'll need even more lf to heal. Druid's healing might be gated behind astral force, but it offers way more utility than blood healing: a condi cleanse, a water field, aoe slow, blind, and daze+blast finisher. Then you have firebrand, rev, ele and engi healers who do healing alot better than scourge, fb, rev, and engi also offer more boons to the party than scourge does.

Currently i have 6 healing classes.Scourge,druid,firebrand,scrapper,tempest and renegade/herald. Im running t4 and raid only with my scourge, because he is superior of all the healers. Life force is generating super fast and you never run out. Barrier is super strong, you usually have perma on your group or with a small gap between the cds but theres always the healing capabilities of scourge with f4 and the regeneration of staff 2.You also have perma might with your utilities and your elite.Cleansing and boonstriping is also easy achieved with your utilities. Cc is possible with pet elite,torch 5 and all the chill fear etc. But the best part of scourge support is the fun part and that you have access to tons of barrier that helps the dps maintain scholar runes and protecting from incoming damage. Send me ingame so I can help you with the build.

@Liviathan.5249 said:Currently i have 6 healing classes.Scourge,druid,firebrand,scrapper,tempest and renegade/herald. Im running t4 and raid only with my scourge, because he is superior of all the healers. Life force is generating super fast and you never run out. Barrier is super strong, you usually have perma on your group or with a small gap between the cds but theres always the healing capabilities of scourge with f4 and the regeneration of staff 2.You also have perma might with your utilities and your elite.Cleansing and boonstriping is also easy achieved with your utilities. Cc is possible with pet elite,torch 5 and all the chill fear etc. But the best part of scourge support is the fun part and that you have access to tons of barrier that helps the dps maintain scholar runes and protecting from incoming damage. Send me ingame so I can help you with the build.

I have to disagree.In an experienced group, scourge is the weakest healer.

Tempest is super strong when condiremove is neededFirebrand can carry pugs better than necro because aegis completely blocks an attackDruid gives crazy offensive buffs

Necro is still just bad. It's only good in a group, where people constantly go down

But then you have to consider playing a firebrand healer as it has way better options to prevent dmg. And can heal way more than scourge can.Also it can provide quickness and a lot of stability, which necro can't.

When you consider everything, healing output, boons, buffsYou will clearly have necro take last place in the healers ranking.But necro isn't a healer. It's a support. So just play it full viper, use your brain by saving your heal barrier to prevent dmg from your group and do your DPS. That's the best support you can do at the moment with scourge

@Liviathan.5249 said:Currently i have 6 healing classes.Scourge,druid,firebrand,scrapper,tempest and renegade/herald. Im running t4 and raid only with my scourge, because he is superior of all the healers. Life force is generating super fast and you never run out. Barrier is super strong, you usually have perma on your group or with a small gap between the cds but theres always the healing capabilities of scourge with f4 and the regeneration of staff 2.You also have perma might with your utilities and your elite.Cleansing and boonstriping is also easy achieved with your utilities. Cc is possible with pet elite,torch 5 and all the chill fear etc. But the best part of scourge support is the fun part and that you have access to tons of barrier that helps the dps maintain scholar runes and protecting from incoming damage. Send me ingame so I can help you with the build.

I will contact you in game, myself, out of curiosity. Have played healscourge a lot in wvw and it lacks in healpower, boon output is non existent, condi clear is bad, barrier (while it is great) scales terribly with healpower. I dont know if you use heal gear or condi gear with the bloodmagic line, and support traits from scourge.

Support scourge is great for pugging Matthias, even better than having a second druid since transfusion is that much better than search and rescue. I guess if it's good in at least one boss, then it's good? Otherwise it is always viable, but your team needs to know the forbidden technique of sidestepping red circles.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:Support scourge is great for pugging Matthias, even better than having a second druid since transfusion is that much better than search and rescue. I guess if it's good in at least one boss, then it's good? Otherwise it is always viable, but your team needs to know the forbidden technique of sidestepping red circles.

Works great in all raid wings.

@mazut.4296 said:

@maxwelgm.4315 said:Support scourge is great for pugging Matthias, even better than having a second druid since transfusion is that much better than search and rescue. I guess if it's good in at least one boss, then it's good? Otherwise it is always viable, but your team needs to know the forbidden technique of sidestepping red circles.

So when used to replaced a second druid in raids, do you go fulling healing with magi gear or spec for might stacking with harrier gear?

@Shaogin.2679 said:

So when used to replaced a second druid in raids, do you go fulling healing with magi gear or spec for might stacking with harrier gear?

both, magi and harrier. Give perma might with chrono share and heal a lot. you can go full healing ofc.

I like barrier too. When I see the group has barrier on.. I feel relax.. save and delay my heal :p

I've seen people try to run heal/support necro in T4 fractals, but never well. You're almost always better off with another DPS. The best support necro needs is to run DPS and carry blood magic for transfusion and rezzing to carry pugs. I've had to do this quite a bit recently because many players don't understand basic mechanics. Anyone who feels they need a healer in fractals is a bad player.

I can't speak to raids because I find them too tedious to organize.

@Hesacon.8735 said:I've seen people try to run heal/support necro in T4 fractals, but never well. You're almost always better off with another DPS. The best support necro needs is to run DPS and carry blood magic for transfusion and rezzing to carry pugs. I've had to do this quite a bit recently because many players don't understand basic mechanics. Anyone who feels they need a healer in fractals is a bad player.

Seems you are still on fractal tier 1... :disappointed:

@mazut.4296 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:I've seen people try to run heal/support necro in T4 fractals, but never well. You're almost always better off with another DPS. The best support necro needs is to run DPS and carry blood magic for transfusion and rezzing to carry pugs. I've had to do this quite a bit recently because many players don't understand basic mechanics. Anyone who feels they need a healer in fractals is a bad player.

Seems you are still on fractal tier 1... :disappointed:

I didn't get three dozen ascended armor/weapon box drops sitting idle in my bank from grinding out T1s.

• 3 months later...

Support Scourge in fractals is super underrated. For one, the barrier deals amazingly well with social awkwardness, and the scourge is tailor built to cope with Afflicted and No Pain No Gain instabilities, which paired with Artsariv make the hardest encounter in CM's.

But honestly I'd rather take condi scourge in place of a dps and still take druid and then the fractal becomes stupidly faceroll.

The main drawback to support scourge is the lack of boons (and the main reason why it has a hard time fitting into the current meta).

Everything else is top. Healing via barrier, which allows preemptive healing, is not reduced by agony, does not conflict as much with druid healing.

Good boon and condi cleanse if needed. Decent cc if needed.

Insane ability to get downed players back into the fight asap.

In the hand of a skilled player an absolute carry build. As in you can carry other players through fractals and some raid boss fights. As far as fractals, I think Firebrand due to it's perma quickness, aegis, insane healing and fury is a harder carry currently, but don't underestimate support scourge.

Archived