Dreamfix for the engineer (imo!)

Noha.3749

Hi!

Ive been posting my thought in some previous threads but just wanted to summarize my opinion about what i want done with the engineer.

Ill keep it ~~short ~~ and would love your opinion about it!

Holosmith : I Actually like Holosmith and dont find any reason prioritize fixing / changing it that soon.

Scrapper : Hammer needs a longer/wider reach on autos.Evade/reflect frames need to go off faster and last just a little bit longer.

Function Gyro should be able to attack an alive target aswell like: Function Gyro Shock: FG rushes towards enemy (non downed) and unleashes a shock.Shock deals minor damage, dazes and cripples target enemy for X seconds.Shock benefits from on-crit traits and effects and from explosives traits.(this allows scrappers to catch up without adding additional burst, and it allows condiscrappers to proc some more conditions)

BombKit: I want bombkit to be reworked to be less spammy and more impactful.

• Add appropriate additional CD on all bombs, even bomb auto.
  • Increase radius and damage on all the bombs. All bombs should apply Bleed since.. you know, SHARPNEL ? (Except smokebomb)
  • Make bombs hit 10 targets
  • Smokebomb should apply stealth on explosion along with the standard smokefield so you can stack additional stealth.

With this Scrappers can slowly crawl back into being Bruisers and not just kited to death if not going 100% tanky, due to improved evades/reflects and the added cripple/daze of the funtion gyro.Scrapper roamers might show up a bit more, both condi and power.

Bombs in PvE might, if done right have a greater affect and be less stressfull for your poor fingers.Bombs in PvP/WvW will actually work better for controlling zones and in WvW.. maybe bring back condibombers just a bit? We so lack viable Condibuilds for PvP/WvW.

What do you think?

Each change i lined up is not too much work for Anet except the function added to function gyro.We dont overkill anything, existing "builds" wont get overpowered with it.All it does is giving Scrappers an alternative and allowing bombkits to actually work as zoningtools without being toxic due to the added CD on all bombskills.Which in turn allows condi engis to have a place in PvP/WvW scene.

@derd.6413 said:TLDRincrease hammer rangeturn function gyro into lesser blast gyromake bomb kit klunkier but buff to compensate, also stealth.

I dont see how the bombkit gets klunkier o_OLess spammable, but larger AoE(more targets) and a bump in damage to compensate for a suitable CD.Care to explain why you find it klunkier :)? (im not critizising, i just dont see it myself ^^)

@Noha.3749 said:

@derd.6413 said:TLDRincrease hammer rangeturn function gyro into lesser blast gyromake bomb kit klunkier but buff to compensate, also stealth.

I dont see how the bombkit gets klunkier o_OLess spammable, but larger AoE(more targets) and a bump in damage to compensate for a suitable CD.Care to explain why you find it klunkier :)? (im not critizising, i just dont see it myself ^^)

because the way it's described it sounds like you want to make bomb kit more like Mortar Kit. ( talking about game feel, not balance)

@derd.6413Yeah kinda, but mortal is kind of support oriented and the AoE aint that big.But in practise every "explosive" kit (granade, bomb, mortal) are just explosives dumped at different ranges.So IMO bombkit should have widest AoE and damage, but with a fair and adjusted CD since its melee.Granade is fine and so is mortal for its niché uses...

@Noha.3749 said:@derd.6413Yeah kinda, but mortal is kind of support oriented and the AoE aint that big.But in practise every "explosive" kit (granade, bomb, mortal) are just explosives dumped at different ranges.So IMO bombkit should have widest AoE and damage, but with a fair and adjusted CD since its melee.Granade is fine and so is mortal for its niché uses...

mortar is constantly being complained about because it's "unfun" to use (sometimes confused with just bad). Your suggestions for bomb kit will most likely put it in the same situation (which isn't a good thing).

@derd.6413I appreciate your input :)Guess i just see it differently, i want bombs to both feel and play-out like proper bombs. Strategically placed for great effect instead of spamming some avrage dumplings on the floor :)About the mortal i.... i actually almost never use it except for when im lazy in zergwar. Old mortal was more fun and had its benefits as a sieging tool..

@Noha.3749 said:@derd.6413I appreciate your input :)Guess i just see it differently, i want bombs to both feel and play-out like proper bombs. Strategically placed for great effect instead of spamming some avrage dumplings on the floor :)About the mortal i.... i actually almost never use it except for when im lazy in zergwar. Old mortal was more fun and had its benefits as a sieging tool..

you think increased CD will stop ppl from spamming bombs? nah mate, they'll still spam them or stop using them all together while complaining to anet that the new bombs are skritt. you can try to change bombs ,idrc, but this isn't the way to do it.

@Noha.3749 said:@derd.6413Guess im just desperate to see something exciting /different happen with the bombkit :anguished:Got any opinion about the other parts in my post? Always interesting to compare opinions!

i don't really have an issue with the hammer suggestion (somebody with more expertise in balance might tell you if it's a good idea or not)

turning the function gyro into a worse blast gyro isn't a good solution since it makes the blast gyro pointless and it doesn't adress the issue with gyros in general (AI and pathing) so the change to function gyro is kinda moot.

Archived