[Suggestion] Timer and Rewards for Dungs / Fracts / Raids

Sakiko.5432

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about it for a while now and I think it would be great to add a timer in dungs / fracts & raids.

I mean ...

Nothing would change, but you'd be able to see the time you spent in the dungs / fracts / raid while doing it.Then at the entrance of the dung / fract portal / raid wing you'd be able to see a kind of "Hall of Fame" with the name of the players that had the best result (ever / in the month / in the week / whatever).We can also imagine a kind of reward for the guys with the best results every x days / months / years with X golds + X tokens (depending on the dung / fract / raids).

We could also put another section in that "Hall of Fame" for a Hardcore Mode Timer (same dungs / fracts / raids but bosses / mobs are 2 or 3 times stronger & you get 2 or 3 times the reward).

Sorry for my english & thanks for reading,

This amounts to introducing a leaderboard system with added rewards on top of it (rather than only prestige). I'm not sure how I feel about this. Imagine both pugs and guilds suddenly demanding that everyone is able to complete bosses X times faster than they were able to before (keep in mind most Dhuum pugs I see end tight on the timer), effectively enforcing speedclearing. This would kill diversity to start with (which does exist in spite of the naysayers - I am constantly pugging on my power herald), and also introduce (actual) toxicity due to the frustration it'll be not to get the best rewards. If the rewards are increased amounts of currency that will be bad enough, but when Anet does give things they tend to go all the way, so they would probably also give unique rewards to speedclearing, and that would be the worst possible thing for them to do IMO.

@"Sakiko.5432" said:Nothing would change, but you'd be able to see the time you spent in the dungs / fracts / raid while doing it.

Then at the entrance of the dung / fract portal / raid wing you'd be able to see a kind of "Hall of Fame" with the name of the players that had the best result (ever / in the month / in the week / whatever).The problem with this (as ANet has discussed with us before) is that they'd have to actively "police" the methods people use. Instead of the occasional group finding a glitch that can be used to speed something up, people would look for every possible method to do so. ANet would be forced to fix such glitches quickly (instead of turning a half-blind eye and leaving it for later). If they didn't, people would be rightfully upset that the top of the leaderboard would go to those most willing to 'exploit' mechanics.

Besides which, one beauty of the game is that there's no meaningful competition in PvE. That's led to the phenomenon of one of the most cooperative communities of any MMO. Of course, there's toxicity, but it's limited.

We can also imagine a kind of reward for the guys with the best results every x days / months / years with X golds + X tokens (depending on the dung / fract / raids).There already is a reward for finishing quickly: we can do something else sooner.

Here is what will probably happen if there was a leaderboard for Fractal/raids/dungeons:

1st Place: Whatever this guild is.2nd Place: The same guild as 1st place but they included their twitch stream advertisements.

1. The same guild as 1st place but they included their twitch stream advertisements.4- 100th place: The same guild as 1st place but they included their twitch stream advertisements.

Archived