Favorite PVP weaver build

Ramo.8916

So I have been playing this build for a while now. Last season i got to plat 2 and stayed around 1550 for most of the season. It mainly revolves around dodge rolling and evades while using primordial stance while attuned to fire. with focus you have all the utility you need to stay alive. Dodge rolling grants barrier and vigor up time never runs out. Most classes cant out cleanse you no matter what. tbh there is a lot more to it but Im pretty bad at explaining how i use the build. i will be making a video showcasing how i utilize it once i have the time. Menders is pretty lackluster compared to this imo. Just though i would share and maybe get some feedback and other ideas for the build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdncMA94ilNAG5CM5iFDALIAkJPA3n6W9su4MUEDDA-jJhAQBBc/hzdCAKaZAA8AAAA

@"Ramo.8916" said:So I have been playing this build for a while now. Last season i got to plat 2 and stayed around 1550 for most of the season. It mainly revolves around dodge rolling and evades while using primordial stance while attuned to fire. with focus you have all the utility you need to stay alive. Dodge rolling grants barrier and vigor up time never runs out. Most classes cant out cleanse you no matter what. tbh there is a lot more to it but Im pretty bad at explaining how i use the build. i will be making a video showcasing how i utilize it once i have the time. Menders is pretty lackluster compared to this imo. Just though i would share and maybe get some feedback and other ideas for the build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdncMA94ilNAG5CM5iFDALIAkJPA3n6W9su4MUEDDA-jJhAQBBc/hzdCAKaZAA8AAAA

It seems a less 1on1 oriented but more teamfight or even +1 build? I expect this to have major problems with mirage and spellbreaker. Holo might work because some builds lack cleanses - if it is one of the cleanse builds, no chance again. Sword simply lacks cover conditions still to kill anyone with cleanses fast enough.

It seems to lack cleanses and general sustain for a side noder. Too easily +1ed and then hardly any chance to escape and reset the fight (due to low mobility and no healing).

In teamfights with a healer this might kinda work. You lack gap closers, but in that scenario it's not that bad. If someone else cares for the cover conditions, you might get some nice damage.

For +1 it might have the damage needed - with the signet - but it surely lacks mobility without RtL and Lightning Flash.

Can you elaborate how you used it? So far it seems like a condi-based poor holosmith to me tbh. :tongue: But I am definitely interested! I can't really work with the new fire line right now, so I have to rely on other's experiences...

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"Ramo.8916" said:So I have been playing this build for a while now. Last season i got to plat 2 and stayed around 1550 for most of the season. It mainly revolves around dodge rolling and evades while using primordial stance while attuned to fire. with focus you have all the utility you need to stay alive. Dodge rolling grants barrier and vigor up time never runs out. Most classes cant out cleanse you no matter what. tbh there is a lot more to it but Im pretty bad at explaining how i use the build. i will be making a video showcasing how i utilize it once i have the time. Menders is pretty lackluster compared to this imo. Just though i would share and maybe get some feedback and other ideas for the build.

It seems a less 1on1 oriented but more teamfight or even +1 build? I expect this to have major problems with mirage and spellbreaker. Holo might work because some builds lack cleanses - if it is one of the cleanse builds, no chance again. Sword simply lacks cover conditions still to kill anyone with cleanses fast enough.

It seems to lack cleanses and general sustain for a side noder. Too easily +1ed and then hardly any chance to escape and reset the fight (due to low mobility and no healing).

In teamfights with a healer this might kinda work. You lack gap closers, but in that scenario it's not that bad. If someone else cares for the cover conditions, you might get some nice damage.

For +1 it might have the damage needed - with the signet - but it surely lacks mobility without RtL and Lightning Flash.

Can you elaborate how you used it? So far it seems like a condi-based poor holosmith to me tbh. :tongue: But I am definitely interested! I can't really work with the new fire line right now, so I have to rely on other's experiences...

On the contrary, this build really shines in a 1v1 from my experience. focus is very good against projectiles. against mirage, ive just gotten good at when to evade and to attack.

for cleansing, evasive arcane-cleansing wave, burning fire, and Magnetic wave.

With all the stability up-time and evades it really isnt hard to get away, its kind of a dance but it works.For gap closers, Polaric leap, raged cc's from focus, swiftness and stability makes it easy to catch up with most.when you really focus one person, its very easy to burst them down quick before they cleanse. especially if you time it right.I will be posting a video tonight or tomorrow with some examples.

Signet of fire builds were usable when it went through walls. Now, not so much. Any type of guardian (core/fb/dh) counters this type of build because they have so many cleanses. It's really only good against thieves and maybe mirages that waste all their clenses on offense

Edit: Glyph of Elemental Power is better than SoF if you want to play some condi burn builds

@Ramo.8916 said:

@Ramo.8916 said:So I have been playing this build for a while now. Last season i got to plat 2 and stayed around 1550 for most of the season. It mainly revolves around dodge rolling and evades while using primordial stance while attuned to fire. with focus you have all the utility you need to stay alive. Dodge rolling grants barrier and vigor up time never runs out. Most classes cant out cleanse you no matter what. tbh there is a lot more to it but Im pretty bad at explaining how i use the build. i will be making a video showcasing how i utilize it once i have the time. Menders is pretty lackluster compared to this imo. Just though i would share and maybe get some feedback and other ideas for the build.

On the contrary, this build really shines in a 1v1 from my experience. focus is very good against projectiles. against mirage, ive just gotten good at when to evade and to attack.

for cleansing, evasive arcane-cleansing wave, burning fire, and Magnetic wave.

With all the stability up-time and evades it really isnt hard to get away, its kind of a dance but it works.For gap closers, Polaric leap, raged cc's from focus, swiftness and stability makes it easy to catch up with most.when you really focus one person, its very easy to burst them down quick before they cleanse. especially if you time it right.I will be posting a video tonight or tomorrow with some examples.

I'd love to see that, but tbh I very much doubt that works at higher tiers. You probably simply outplay your opponents heavily. :tongue: Not saying mender's is strictly better. I find that build boring af.^^

Archived