Problems Purchasing Gems - June 2018 - current

System

@pureblackfire.5390 said:this issue is not fixed. it's happening to me right now.

That issue, from several months ago, would have been fixed long ago. If you are having trouble with the Gem Store, you can follow the troubleshooting steps in the Knowledge Base, accessed via the 'Support' link above/below, and/or contact the Billing/Payment CS Team via the same link.

Good luck.

Yeah I've got this issue as well.I've sent a ticket in to customer support, but just imagine the sheer amount of players that have this issue and cannot purchase gems, but they're too lazy and can't bother with contacting customer support.

ArenaNet must be losing out on a lot of revenue for spontaneous purchases...

@Bubba.2731 said:Yeah I've got this issue as well.I've sent a ticket in to customer support, but just imagine the sheer amount of players that have this issue and cannot purchase gems, but they're too lazy and can't bother with contacting customer support.

ArenaNet must be losing out on a lot of revenue for spontaneous purchases...

you'd think it would be a priority given the game is free to play.

• 1 month later...

Cant say Ive ever had a game where Im trying to throw money at them and they wont take it....this happened to me a week ago, submitted ticket, didnt tell me what was wrong just " Oh hey we fixed you up now" and I was able to purchase gems again, now its happening again. What in the world, apparently Anet is telling me I shouldnt spend money with them.

This is most definitely a reoccurring problem because I had it happen roughly a year ago, I waited a few days and it resolved itself. Makes me wonder if its a security issue of some sort .

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Alexera.6873" said:Cant say Ive ever had a game where Im trying to throw money at them and they wont take it....this happened to me a week ago, submitted ticket, didnt tell me what was wrong just " Oh hey we fixed you up now" and I was able to purchase gems again, now its happening again. What in the world, apparently Anet is telling me I shouldnt spend money with them.

This is most definitely a reoccurring problem because I had it happen roughly a year ago, I waited a few days and it resolved itself. Makes me wonder if its a security issue of some sort .

I'm sorry that is happening for you. I would suggest that you update your previous support ticket, to tell them the problem has returned. Whatever they found internally will be noted in that ticket, and it may help them resolve the issue more quickly.

@hoppystar.7591 said:I'm still having issues with this too. I've been waiting for the mount adoption licence to come back into the store and wanted to buy some., now it looks like I can't :/. It's the same card I used to purchase the expansion recently and that went through fine.

@"ManiacBanana.5126" said:I'm having this issue as well... I just want to purchase the smallest amount of gems so i can continue the story....

Have you submitted a ticket? Use "Payments" or "Purchase Issue" and the proper team will get the ticket assigned to them, and should be able to help you get this resolved. Very sorry to hear you're having issues, btw!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guess what everyone!! Its back. My husband and I are going through the same issue. We wanted to make a sizeable purchase and could not. Sent in a ticket on mine and just got an email we are working on it thank you for your patience. You are all right. Guess they dont want our money. Guess it is not good enough for them. By the time they get this figured out, the items will no longer be in the gem store.

• ArenaNet Staff

@MRSKITTY.1682 said:Guess what everyone!! Its back. My husband and I are going through the same issue. We wanted to make a sizeable purchase and could not. Sent in a ticket on mine and just got an email we are working on it thank you for your patience. You are all right. Guess they dont want our money. Guess it is not good enough for them. By the time they get this figured out, the items will no longer be in the gem store.

I don't know of any systemic issue with the purchase system. If you were told the team is working on the issue, I believe that indicates they are researching your personal situation, not a systemic issue that is blocking all or even a lot of purchases.

• 1 month later...

recently started playing again. had to uninstall/re install in order to play again. Bought the new expansion through the site just fine, used the same card to make a gem purchase just fine. Now i keep getting a brief flash of an error and sent back to the first purchase page. tried to do it through paypal and it said the system wasnt working

Archived