Guide for the Lost - Game does not recognize one of the items needed for achievement

Imba.9451

Hello,

today I did the Necro specialization collection "Guide for the lost".In the end, only two items were missing: Mordant Brazier and Nagozis enchanted lamb.

I bought the Brazier, together with 3 cheap exotic torches, threw them in the mystic forge and unlocked the skin, while also being credited with progression for the achievement.When I did the same with Nagozis enchanted lamb, I ONLY unlocked the skin, but did not get credit towards the achievment.

This seems highly unintentional to me, considering throwing stuff in the forge worked with the brazier.

I believe this is because the skin for Nagozi's enchanted lamp is a generic sunspear skin, one that is also obtainable through crafting. The collection requires the actual named exotic which is only obtainable through unidentified gear and TP (more valuable). Therefore, unlocking the skin isnt sufficient. Because the forge only unlocks the skin, you need to bind the weapon. Meanwhile, mordant weapons are different because the collection requires the generic mordant skin, crafted or bought, and not the named weapon. Therefore, simply unlocking the skin will work, be it through crafting the mordant one or buying the named weapon from the TP and salvaging/forging it.

@Joraan Adenard.2061 said:I believe this is because the skin for Nagozi's enchanted lamp is a generic sunspear skin, one that is also obtainable through crafting. The collection requires the actual named exotic which is only obtainable through unidentified gear and TP (more valuable). Therefore, unlocking the skin isnt sufficient. Because the forge only unlocks the skin, you need to bind the weapon. Meanwhile, mordant weapons are different because the collection requires the generic mordant skin, crafted or bought, and not the named weapon. Therefore, simply unlocking the skin will work, be it through crafting the mordant one or buying the named weapon from the TP and salvaging/forging it.

That actually makes sense.It sucks, and I REALLY don't want to spent 9 gold again because of this, but it seems plausible. I guess opeing a ticket and asking for the achievement to be credited wouldn't work? I mean, after all, I owned that item. I just didn't double click it.

When I did the same with Nagozis enchanted lamb, I ONLY unlocked the skin, but did not get credit towards the achievment.

It's intended behavior. The game distinguishes between "unlocking for the wardrobe" and "adding to the collection." For the future, make it a habit of always right-clicking achievement items before forging. If there's an "add to collection" or "add to wardrobe" option, use that first. In some cases (minis & some skins), the item will disappear.

For the present, obtain another lamp and do that now. It's a 9g misunderstanding; if you think that's a lot, as others suggested, ask support for help.

Nagozi's Enchanted Lamp

Thanks for the kind replies.I am in no hurry to have the ascended torch unlocked. I will open a ticket and just wait a few days, maybe it gets resolved, maybe it doesn't. True, 9g isn't much, but it still doesn't sit well on me how this is handled. (I am a very cheap person :D )

But I consider that lesson learned. I will equip everything first before flushing it down in the mystic forge :)

@Imba.9451 said:Thanks for the kind replies.I am in no hurry to have the ascended torch unlocked. I will open a ticket and just wait a few days, maybe it gets resolved, maybe it doesn't. True, 9g isn't much, but it still doesn't sit well on me how this is handled. (I am a very cheap person :D )

But I consider that lesson learned. I will equip everything first before flushing it down in the mystic forge :)

well it will be more then afew days sett your sights on 3-4 weeks mate.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Imba.9451 said:Thanks for the kind replies.I am in no hurry to have the ascended torch unlocked. I will open a ticket and just wait a few days, maybe it gets resolved, maybe it doesn't. True, 9g isn't much, but it still doesn't sit well on me how this is handled. (I am a very cheap person :D )

well it will be more then afew days sett your sights on 3-4 weeks mate.

I never contacted support before. Does it really take THAT long? O.o

@Linken.6345 said:well it will be more then afew days sett your sights on 3-4 weeks mate.

Yeah, they are backlogged for non-urgent issues. Could be quicker, but assume it won't be addressed this month (that way, you'll be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, rather than frustrated).

PS I'm not a big fan of this mechanic, but when ANet's commented on this, it's clear that this is how they want things to work. :/

Archived