Recommended healer for frontline zerg support?

Odokuro.5049

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really consider the FB a "healer", just the basic frontline that also happen to heal. Herald sort of the same, even if they run tanky heal builds they are just there to make up the frontline. Full minstrel of either is loosing punch.

Scrapper and ele is imo the only true healers and they are pretty much on equal footing for it. I used to run a healbot ele but I much prefer the scrapper today, I like its utility better and more flexibility compared to an ele in constant water. Just a few of either can carry a zerg while the fb/rev do their work in the frontline.

So really, pick any.

I played every class(except thief) as a healer in wvw over the years, multiple times on different builds. Firebrand is your standart „healer“ but its actual heal output is not as good as people claim. Heal Rev (glint) is not worth using and (tablet) is a good healer numberwise but to clunky. Tempest (Aura) is „Meh“. Its heal output is low and its melee only. Tempest (Soothing Mist) is strong but you need to stay in water all the time and can not be in a group for its full effect. The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper. Its actually way to strong if build right. However, other healer can get SOME killes while a Heal scrapper that does his job will never see a dmg number aka no loot. The rest like warrior/necro is not worth talking about. For my tipp: Just play firebrand. If you want actuall healing then maybe play Tempest ( soothing mist version) but you have to understand how soothing mist works to make it worth it. If you dont care about loot play scrapper. (If i had to play serious/focus on winning , i would play scrapper)

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I played every class(except thief) as a healer in wvw over the years, multiple times on different builds. Firebrand is your standart „healer“ but its actual heal output is not as good as people claim. Heal Rev (glint) is not worth using and (tablet) is a good healer numberwise but to clunky. Tempest (Aura) is „Meh“. Its heal output is low and its melee only. Tempest (Soothing Mist) is strong but you need to stay in water all the time and can not be in a group for its full effect. The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper. Its actually way to strong if build right. However, other healer can get SOME killes while a Heal scrapper that does his job will never see a dmg number aka no loot. The rest like warrior/necro is not worth talking about. For my tipp: Just play firebrand. If you want actuall healing then maybe play Tempest ( soothing mist version) but you have to understand how soothing mist works to make it worth it. If you dont care about loot play scrapper. (If i had to play serious/focus on winning , i would play scrapper)

scrapper isn't THAT bad for loot, just use hammer 5 when you see a good opportunity and fumigate during pushes, hammer 2 as you pass downs. if the enemy team is wiping, you can also hammer 3 through their clump too for pretty good tagging. yeah, it's overall pretty bad on getting bags, but you can at least get a fair amount if you switch out of med kit a little bit when you have a chance.

heal scrapper

The thing heal-scrapper really shines at is condition removal.one scrapper should be enough for 3 groups o clear their conditions not only in bursts but continuously.The second big deal is the boon output. All removed conditions are converted to boons, so in principle all boons are available. However, stacking might high or pre stacking boons for a surprise-bomb is not working that way. But a steady supply of alacrity, fury, protection, regeneration, vigor, and aegis throughout the whole fight is granted.

It also offers a large group superspeed uptime with final salvo and the blast-gyro. Superspeed is incredibly useful for keeping the zerg sticky in combat (aside from the increased passive healing you grant).

gw2 also changed the loot system slightly, so giving boons to allies is granting you loot for their kills. You don't get loot for every kill of everyone with a boon from you, but I still finish my guild raids with multiple filled inventories ;)

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:gw2 also changed the loot system slightly, so giving boons to allies is granting you loot for their kills.Not really true afaik, it just lowers the tag threshhold for you (ie if you hit something someone you supported has fully tagged, you dont need to reach the tag threshhold). So you still need to hit whats killed, only giving boons or healing dont work.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper.do you know the actual numbers on this? im curious. a while ago I did a bunch of math and came up with rev - 13800 hps and ele 9900 hps, assuming weapon swaps.

also OP druid has some good heals.

With my Build. Holding 1 in the Medi Pack , if you hit 5 targets , around 30k heal per second (6x5).

And i dont count heal from Medical Dispersion Field/ other traits,

30K is only Medi Pack 1 and Regen.

Also Soothing Mist Tempest is around 12k per second just from Soothing Mist alone.

@shortcake.8659 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I played every class(except thief) as a healer in wvw over the years, multiple times on different builds. Firebrand is your standart „healer“ but its actual heal output is not as good as people claim. Heal Rev (glint) is not worth using and (tablet) is a good healer numberwise but to clunky. Tempest (Aura) is „Meh“. Its heal output is low and its melee only. Tempest (Soothing Mist) is strong but you need to stay in water all the time and can not be in a group for its full effect. The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper. Its actually way to strong if build right. However, other healer can get SOME killes while a Heal scrapper that does his job will never see a dmg number aka no loot. The rest like warrior/necro is not worth talking about. For my tipp: Just play firebrand. If you want actuall healing then maybe play Tempest ( soothing mist version) but you have to understand how soothing mist works to make it worth it. If you dont care about loot play scrapper. (If i had to play serious/focus on winning , i would play scrapper)

scrapper isn't THAT bad for loot, just use hammer 5 when you see a good opportunity and fumigate during pushes, hammer 2 as you pass downs. if the enemy team is wiping, you can also hammer 3 through their clump too for pretty good tagging. yeah, it's overall pretty bad on getting bags, but you can at least get a fair amount if you switch out of med kit a little bit when you have a chance.

You NEVER want to be on Hammer. You mostly Camp Medi Pack and use Elixer Gun/Morter Kit for Burst Heal/Condi Clear.Ever second you dont use Medi Pack one is a wasted second.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You NEVER want to be on Hammer. You mostly Camp Medi Pack and use Elixer Gun/Morter Kit for Burst Heal/Condi Clear.Ever second you dont use Medi Pack one is a wasted second.

I mean, in those moments where nobody is really injured, or you're already clearing a fight, you'd be silly not to tag some downed players to fill time, but you think you. The hammer skills are all very useful.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:The best healer (raw heal pet second) is scrapper.do you know the actual numbers on this? im curious. a while ago I did a bunch of math and came up with rev - 13800 hps and ele 9900 hps, assuming weapon swaps.

With my Build. Holding 1 in the Medi Pack , if you hit 5 targets , around 30k heal per second (6x5).

Also Soothing Mist Tempest is around 12k per second just from Soothing Mist alone.

lol no. you need to rethink maths.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Lets start with

Heal Tempest.

Stats.

• Healpower 1997 full Buffed or 2177 if you are holding a Frost Bow ( For the meme lords here)
  • Outgoing Healing 58.4%

With Soothing Power, Soothing Mist will heal forSoothing Mist (10s): 1,600 (2.0) and its healing per second increases toHealing: 160 (0.2)

(160 + (1997 0.2)) 1.584 = 886 Healing per second.

Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.If you are not in a group you will get this effect on more people.

4 People = 3544 HpS / 4103 HpS (If you count yourself)8 People = 7088 HpS / 7647 HpS12 People = 10632 HpS / 11191 HpS....

Be basic idea here is that, when you are not in a group/squad you get your Soothing Mist effect on more people then 5.>Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.<

Heal Scrapper

Stats.

• Healpower 2178 full Buffed
  • Outgoing Healing 66.74%

Med BlasterHeal allies with several pulses of healing energy. Heals more for each boon on that ally.

Base Healing: 70 (0.2)?     Healing for Each Boon: 11 (0.0125)?     Number of Targets: 5     Pulses: 3     Range: 600

(70 + (2178 0.2)) 1.6674 = 843.

(11 + (2718 0.0125)) 1.6674 = 63.73 ( Rounded 64)

Lets say 5 Boons on the Target.

(64 * 5) + 843 = 1163 per Pulse.

3 Pulses = 3489On 5 Player = 17445 Healing with a Casttime of 1.25 Seconds.

However! We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

So if im correct thats 17455 Healing in 0.625 Seconds.Aka: 28k Healing per second.Regen (Perma) =670 HpS x 5 Persons

Pressing 1 + Regen =More then 31k HpS.

But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?(Outgoing Healing works with that Trait)

Our Selfheal:Regen = 402Backpack Regenerator = 226Rapid Regeneration (Swiftness) = 188

We heal ourself for 816 HpS.

(816 / 2) * 1.6674 = 680 Hps.

End Result:

If we have one person infront of us and he has 5 Boons, he gets healt for:

680 + 670 + 5582 = 6932 Healing Per Second.

Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Lets start with

Heal Tempest

Stats.
  • Healpower 1997 full Buffed or 2177 if you are holding a Frost Bow ( For the meme lords here)
  • Outgoing Healing 58.4%

With Soothing Power, Soothing Mist will heal forSoothing Mist (10s): 1,600 (2.0) and its healing per second increases toHealing: 160 (0.2)

(160 + (1997
0.2))
1.584 = 886 Healing per second.

Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.If you are not in a group you will get this effect on more people.

4 People = 3544 HpS / 4103 HpS (If you count yourself)8 People = 7088 HpS / 7647 HpS12 People = 10632 HpS / 11191 HpS....

Be basic idea here is that, when you are not in a group/squad you get your Soothing Mist effect on more people then 5.
>Soothing Mist get applied ever 3 seconds and last 10 seconds.<

Heal Scrapper

Stats.
  • Healpower 2178 full Buffed
  • Outgoing Healing 66.74%

Med BlasterHeal allies with several pulses of healing energy. Heals more for each boon on that ally.
     Base Healing: 70 (0.2)?     Healing for Each Boon: 11 (0.0125)?     Number of Targets: 5     Pulses: 3     Range: 600

(70 + (2178
0.2))
1.6674 = 843.

(11 + (2718
0.0125))
1.6674 = 63.73 ( Rounded 64)

Lets say 5 Boons on the Target.

(64 * 5) + 843 = 1163 per Pulse.

3 Pulses = 3489On 5 Player = 17445 Healing with a Casttime of 1.25 Seconds.

However!
We have perma Quickness with Elixer U and Applied Force.

So if im correct thats 17455 Healing in 0.625 Seconds.Aka: 28k Healing per second.Regen (Perma) =670 HpS x 5 Persons

Pressing 1 + Regen =More then 31k HpS.

But why stop there when we have Medical Dispersion Field?(Outgoing Healing works with that Trait)

Our Selfheal:Regen = 402Backpack Regenerator = 226Rapid Regeneration (Swiftness) = 188

We heal ourself for 816 HpS.

(816 / 2) * 1.6674 = 680 Hps.

End Result:

If we have one person infront of us and he has 5 Boons, he gets healt for:

680 + 670 + 5582 = 6932 Healing Per Second.

Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

wow I had no idea. I sit corrected sir. I sit corrected.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

*In actual practice maybe 2k best case scenario per peep plus regen.

I'm not gonna argue the theoretical healing of Scrapper vs Tempest because in my experience, its about as reasonable as achieving a "normal raid spec" 30k dps, I'll just reiterate what I said before: I find scrapper the more fun class and its mechanics for healing fairly simple (soothing mist tempest become too dull). That its more effective for cleansing and can theoretically heal more is just icing on the cake.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Simply put: We are healing the 5 People in front of us for 35k per second.

*In actual practice maybe 2k best case scenario per peep plus regen.

I'm not gonna argue the theoretical healing of Scrapper vs Tempest because in my experience, its about as reasonable as achieving a "normal raid spec" 30k dps, I'll just reiterate what I said before: I find scrapper the more fun class and its mechanics for healing fairly simple (soothing mist tempest become too dull). That its more effective for cleansing and can theoretically heal more is just icing on the cake.

The true reason why Scrapper is the best Healer is that , not only has he the numbers , but no downtime on Healing.

If i see someone on 10% Life i can just Jump / Run to him and heal him up.If im a Firebrand and my Healbook is on CD? Good luck healing him from 10 to 100% in a good time.

@Sarlan.7682 said:And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

Not sure how that is a pro for frontline healing.

I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

Have the update to revs improved them that much?

@"Dawdler.8521" said:I dont really consider the FB a "healer", just the basic frontline that also happen to heal. Herald sort of the same, even if they run tanky heal builds they are just there to make up the frontline. Full minstrel of either is loosing punch.

Scrapper and ele is imo the only true healers and they are pretty much on equal footing for it. I used to run a healbot ele but I much prefer the scrapper today, I like its utility better and more flexibility compared to an ele in constant water. Just a few of either can carry a zerg while the fb/rev do their work in the frontline.

So really, pick any.

Herald/ventari is a good choice for a heale i think.Passive 1k heals every sec towards 10 players, or stronguer passive heals but for 5 players"Spike catcher heals" like shield 4 that can heal arround 5k same with staff, Ventari tabler movement/or passive regen, and the ventari healing skill alone.. 10k heals.Jalis can work like a old prot monk, damage reducing, stability.

"Issues" are how easy a rev gets its energy depleted with just a few casts :\ and how tablet movement is clutched to the nature of speed n spam wars of the game.. :\

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Sarlan.7682 said:And that's the beauty about heal Rev: you can get a healing range of 2.1k... Even tho your tablet does desummon afterwards and it's hard to pull of if you experience lag

I havent tried rev healer myself but everything I have seen in past videos have been pathetic compared to an ele (scrapper wasnt a thing then) that was healing twice as much standing AFK.

Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

That's just glint.

Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

@Kraljevo.2801 said:

Well it was certainly an improvement to the passive healing and general utility of facets. I guess they really want people to play glint/ventari support.

Pulsing protection and 1k regen to 10 people is not bad. Elevated compassion can also be used to heal 10 players periodically but then you lose out on boons for 5 more people, which makes draconic echo a better trait for bigger fights IMO. I guess it depends if you want to be the squad support or focus more on your subgroup.

That's just glint.

Ventari is still pretty much the same. The passive F2 healing is really bad and not worth mentioning. The tablet is meh. IMO it needs a radius increase, a stunbreak and the passive F2 needs a higher value. Perhaps a rework to the elite as well since It's rarely worth using.

Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....It is extremelly haard paying atention to:Who needs healing???Where is the group of players that needs that healing????Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????Meanwhile:Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

The squad party UI is reaally bad if ur in a squad and try to see the players in your party, its design is extremelly limited and u wont get all findo on some player u can even see half of its toon image lol.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

That's just glint.

Rev tablet when u move to the allies allies are already miles away.....It is extremelly haard paying atention to:Who needs healing???Where is the group of players that needs that healing????Who are those allies and what condies do they have? should i use the tablet to heal or remove condis??? whatever u do will get u on low energy most probably.Will them be affected by the healing or condi removal of skills? or will put others in preference ????Meanwhile:Keep an eye to range classes pin sniping others so u can use your tablet dome to cover/abosrb part of the damage, keep paying atention to your e-management.U need to pay atention to pulls, spikes since people will notice ur the hard healer.U need to avoid all the spam and red circles the best u can.U need to manage energy towards your skills and when to burst heal your allies.U need to keep using skill to pressure and damage targets.Keep paying atention to the commander tag and your group movements.

Do you feel like I don't know this? He asked, and I answered.

Archived