Why do rev's skills target stupid stuff?

idolin.2831

It's really just sword 2. It used to do too much damage so they nerfed the damage and broke how the skill works so that it chooses targets at random. Problem is the targeting has been bugged since they changed it so it often attacks neutral-targets like doors and barrels.

We have been trying to figure out a way to trick the balance team into thinking that Rev Sword 2 is actually a Mesmer skill since then they might actually fix it.

Whatever it is, it seems as if it's been in the game for a while and has never been fixed. That's likely due to just how few abilities are affected by it. An easy way to check which stupid objects will count as potential targets is to use a tempest's air overload near them. I've seen supply depots, tower/keep walls, flag poles, even barrels get targeted. The most ridiculous one I've seen was the stone wall to the north end of Rogue's Quarry which my Rev decided needed to be taught a lesson with a quick slice when I used Unrelenting Assault.

• 2 weeks later...

I just love that they spent the time to bug fix The legendary weapon Sharur because it was “giving two sigils when crafted” so they “removed the sigil of blight” from it. Collectively I’m sure at least 30 minutes to an hour of dev time was spent on that since it got included in the patch notes, yet there are several major revenant bugs that have gone unaddressed for years >_>It’s really demoralizing to read “bug” fixes like that honestly

Unrelenting Assault and Precision Strike all target invisible targets, in WvW they target the first aid kits found near sentinels points. It’s very easy to reproduce this.

It’s mind blowing how this problem never got fixed. If it affects mesmers (and sometimes thieves) you can bet it would be fixed on a balance patch/hotfix.

Archived