Triple F - Focus 4 Fix Anet, let's go!

dceptaconroy.7928

Since my previous idea of "make the scythe whirl around the Necromancer for a duration and provide regen and vulnerability per pule" didn't go well, how about make it a targeted ground AoE that the scythe whirls in that applies vulnerability and regen as well as acts as a whirl finisher. Or anything, really. I enjoy Focus but had to give it up because it's just a disappointment.

I've got to admit my anger for the patheticness of the skills execution has been hightened after I made my ipos, and trust these guys to make a distinctively necro themed weapon coupled to eyeball goes nowhere. I mean c'mon it's a flippin eyeball if that thing doesn't track what the #$%@ will. I'm guessing they made it and tested it on professions? and still this many years later give us the result we got.... ergh

It doesn't even need a total revamp (though revamps are fun). If the projectile was just reliable, it would be fine. Add homing to the projectile and make it so it will always bounce to a foe after an ally (so you don't get those annoying 1 instance of damage when against a single target with multiple allies around). Also change regen to Fury, Might or Quickness.

I'm not proposing changes (I wont dare) so this is just an idea... what you say about a dark version of life siphon?x hits, each one give 1 boon stack to you (regen/might/whatever), 1 vulnerability to the enemy and also steal life force (a bit trivial, but cool looking at the same time)

• 4 weeks later...

@felincyriac.5981 said:I hear guard focus also had a similar skill, it was reworked.

Yeah except that skill tracked you to no end, actually hit its targets, bounced, done ok ish damage, and applied blind, Be it it was alot slower moving. It was actually ok as it was and did not realistically need a rework because it actually worked as skill regardless if people liked it or not it WORKED!

Where as people really love the idea of necro focus 4 but it wont hit a darn thing above 500 units in range and even then its questionable. You have to literally be standing on pve mob for it to hit or in pvp you have to likely eat some punishing damage to be less than 500 units for it to hit.

Fix 1It shouldn't be a ground coded projectile these are bad in this game (CULL THEM) they can only go down in path tracking not up. Forget trying to hit anything that moves up on a slight bump in the landscape.

Fix 2Code the skill to actually track more than 600 units. Like a few other skills (necro staff auto) it attempts to guess where you foe is going to be based on their movement on or slightly after cast rather than fully tracking to them meaning any sudden change in movement is an automatic miss even for a moderately fast projectile it wont hit. PLEASE take mesmer's mirror blade code and copy paste it onto this skill.

GG >:C WHATS SO HARD ABOUT THIS.

• 6 months later...

I first tried the skill on a normal level scarab outside the Elon lounge and it didn’t even lose 1% of its health. (Marshal fear) I thought it missed but the damage was in my log. I feel slot 4 has to have a big impact on the fight. It’s worse than an auto attack at the moment.

Focus 4 pretty much should be viewed as a quick lifeforce gain ability over a damaging skill. Thats how you should see it as. And it works fine with axe when you have to range for any reason, which otherwise would make warhorn 5 unusuable.While torch is irrelevant for a reaper, I do wonder what people think of dagger offhand to compare with?

Regardless of weather the dmg or projectile speed are too low, there was no need to change it's unique projectile animation(a black scythe) to yet another generic grasping dark hand of which we allready have 3(Staff #1, Lich Form #1, Spectral Grasp). It looked cool, you could have just made it single target and buff the skill numbers :/ .

@Mizu Misa.8730 said:Regardless of weather the dmg or projectile speed are too low, there was no need to change it's unique projectile animation(a black scythe) to yet another generic grasping dark hand of which we allready have 3(Staff #1, Lich Form #1, Spectral Grasp). It looked cool, you could have just made it single target and buff the skill numbers :/ .

Maybe the change was because the scythe failed a lot and they had no fix. Copypaste staff.