Best reward for sPvP is...

breno.5423

Hello, i would like to suggest which is the best kind of reward for competitive players of sPvP in my opinion.

Keyword: TEMPORARY.

My opinion is that temporary rewards are the way that sPvP should take to incentivate competitive players, for example, badges.

Badge is the only temporary reward that we have atm and also the only one which represents our skill rating (show our skill rating to everyone is our main goal, i guess ^^).

Temporary factor make people keep playing to maintain their rating. If you owns platinum badge, you must keep playing to not lose it by decay action (at least 1 match every 3 days).

So, imagine temporary skins based on current skill rating: a skin for 1500 rating, which disappear or is replaced by another if you drop to 1400 (working exactly as the badge system).

This kind of reward represents our skill rating, just like the legendary badge does, or the titles did (sadly removed).

The specific suggestion is to create more badges, one for every 100 rating points.

Badge for 1800+Badge for 1700+Badge for 1600+Badge for 1500+...

Besides, badge is one of the only exclusive prizes for spvp players.

So, create more badges, or any other temporary reward based on EFFECTIVE skill rating ;)

Temporary, because in every game with average PvP system (f.e. WoW, LoL, CS:GO etc.) you need to play every season, constantly to not drop down or get back to Unranked. Sometimes with an exception for best players, because they get titles and things (looks familliar?).Yes, lets show our tolerance for LGBT by adding all colours from rainbow to PvP Badges.There are badges for low elo and titles for high elo and I think Dev Team should spend more time on balance system than cosmetic features.

The only thing that I think might work is number of your division next to your badge (but I dont know whether this is what you want to show your "skill rating").By the way, this is not your first post where you try adding more ways of showing your mmr to other people, isn't it? I think theres another one in Trash section.

@Widmo.3186 said:Temporary, because in every game with average PvP system (f.e. WoW, LoL, CS:GO etc.) you need to play every season, constantly to not drop down or get back to Unranked.

Thats exactly the point.

@Widmo.3186 said:By the way, this is not your first post where you try adding more ways of showing your mmr to other people, isn't it? I think theres another one in Trash section.

Ive commented if before, but never created a post about it.

Keep in mind the game is 6 years old. Veterans gotta find a motivating way to play competitively. If you tell them they gonna have to do the same every 2 months, without any change aside, the activity won't be high. If you tell me i gotta get legend every single season to effectively prove i deserve that rank, it has no point to me .

I know the season system happens in many games, but these are 2-3 years old. It's not the same activity than a 6 years old game

@"Abazigal.3679" said:Keep in mind the game is 6 years old. Veterans gotta find a motivating way to play competitively. If you tell them they gonna have to do the same every 2 months, without any change aside, the activity won't be high. If you tell me i gotta get legend every single season to effectively prove i deserve that rank, it has no point to me .

I know the season system happens in many games, but these are 2-3 years old. It's not the same activity than a 6 years old game

So you want "changes", but didnt suggest any. Let me know whats your idea.

I think sPvP doesnt need "changes", the current system is the best we always had so far, it just needs some fixes (at the badges system).

@Widmo.3186 said:

By the way, this is not your first post where you try adding more ways of showing your mmr to other people, isn't it? I think theres another one in Trash section.

He posted a picture that showed he has like 13,000 wins in PvP (so roughly 20,000 games all up).... And had people with less than 400 wins telling him he doesn't know anything...

Posting his accomplishments is like accreditation or validation to his opinion, trying to show us his opinion is formed by experience.... I myself got a few thousand wins too and most of them on my D/D Elementalist and I point that out to the nasty players that are 100% convinced that Ele is trash because they reflect upon themselves when making said comments... And I say that because a few times I've met these players in game and they lost to me even though they were playing Warrior or Holo.

As for OP: I would hate temporary skins, that ruins my fashion and would waste my transmutation stones every season resetting my look... BUT... Temporary toys could be something?

Temporary Thrones to sit upon, Temporary Tonics (combat tonics that could be used in match too), Maybe Aura's ... All of this could also be permanent rewards...

I know true sPvP claim they don't need gold but maybe at every daily reset you could be awarded X amount of gold for each position on the leaderboard.... Spot 250 gets 2g and spot 1 can get 25g or something and remove the passive gold from the PIP track to compensate... This could have a lot of people actually try for the leaderboards instead of afk farming.

@breno.5423 said:

@"Abazigal.3679" said:Keep in mind the game is 6 years old. Veterans gotta find a motivating way to play competitively. If you tell them they gonna have to do the same every 2 months, without any change aside, the activity won't be high. If you tell me i gotta get legend every single season to effectively prove i deserve that rank, it has no point to me .

I think sPvP doesnt need "changes", the current system is the best we always had so far, it just needs some fixes (at the badges system).

I'm still convinced the season system is the reason of every single complaints in most games lately, and not only GW2. You reward people for playing actively that's a good point. But on the latter , you still have the same issues every season. people remaining on their rank, no progression, solo queue average issues ( dcs/afk/rage quits/salty players/bad setups,.. )

You need ways of showing your experience along years, and that's not existing yet. Titles showing you won 1k/2k/5k battles in ranked, 1/5/100 tournaments, etc.. I could myself climb with no effort from 1000 to 1500 playing reaper and get the temporary badge you suggest every season, but what's the point then ? It wouldn't hold any value.I'd trust much better someone with 5k ranked games won than someone with a platinum badge in the current season and nothing else.

@Abazigal.3679 said:

@Abazigal.3679 said:Keep in mind the game is 6 years old. Veterans gotta find a motivating way to play competitively. If you tell them they gonna have to do the same every 2 months, without any change aside, the activity won't be high. If you tell me i gotta get legend every single season to effectively prove i deserve that rank, it has no point to me .

I'm still convinced the season system is the reason of every single complaints in most games lately, and not only GW2. You reward people for playing actively that's a good point. But on the latter , you still have the same issues every season. people remaining on their rank, no progression, solo queue average issues ( dcs/afk/rage quits/salty players/bad setups,.. )

You need ways of showing your experience along years, and that's not existing yet. Titles showing you won 1k/2k/5k battles in ranked, 1/5/100 tournaments, etc.. I could myself climb with no effort from 1000 to 1500 playing reaper and get the temporary badge you suggest every season, but what's the point then ? It wouldn't hold any value.I'd trust much better someone with 5k ranked games won than someone with a platinum badge in the current season and nothing else.

Number os matchs/wins mean nothing.

I have 14k matches and i only have 60% of win rate. People with less matchs have more win rate than me.

Win rate is the most important statistic.

Hold on i'm not disagreeing with you. The point is that number of matchs/wins will tell experience. 14k matchs is a lot, means you have played along years, along metas, know well maps. 60% winrate tells you're better than average too.

Fact is winrate alone doesn't really mean much. There are probably average joes who started ranked recently, playing necros only and having 65% winrate with 100 games played. But that won't tell anything concerning his level.

The temporary rewards, sure why not. But you also have to reward veterans in my opinion in order to keep them active and playing.

@Abazigal.3679 said:Hold on i'm not disagreeing with you. The point is that number of matchs/wins will tell experience. 14k matchs is a lot, means you have played along years, along metas, know well maps. 60% winrate tells you're better than average too.

Fact is winrate alone doesn't really mean much. There are probably average joes who started ranked recently, playing necros only and having 65% winrate with 100 games played. But that won't tell anything concerning his level.

The temporary rewards, sure why not. But you also have to reward veterans in my opinion in order to keep them active and playing.

Even cheese builds requires skill to get good results. 65% of win rate depending of your current rating is very much. For example, someone at plat 3 needs lot of skill to get this percentage of win rate.

If someone got 65/100 playing zerk reaper (for example), he deserve congratulations. sPvP isnt just skill spam. Winning or losing depends a lot of knowledge about rotation, positioning, cleave, kiting, engage/disengage, etc.

These people who think that evarage damage mean something at sPvP, actually know kitten about sPvP system operation. Damage without survivability and mobility is useless, which is the case of reapers (but i agree with the damage nerf).

Btw, i understood your point.

@sephiroth.4217 said:As for OP: I would hate temporary skins, that ruins my fashion and would waste my transmutation stones every season resetting my look... BUT... Temporary toys could be something?

Temporary Thrones to sit upon, Temporary Tonics (combat tonics that could be used in match too), Maybe Aura's ... All of this could also be permanent rewards...

You brougth some cool ideas.

I disagree only about the permanent factor. The temporary factor make you keep fighting to maintain your stuffs, and also show who really deserves the mentioned award, because sometimes people get some placements/rating by lucky streaks, which mean they wont be able to keep it later, obtaining a permanent reward by luck, not by merit.

Archived