[Suggestion} Replacement players

Zushada.6108

One of the things I like about GW2 PvP is the dishonour system and how difficult it is to leave a match. TBH I think Anet has done a very good job at deterring rage quitters in matches. What I am concerned about is the lack of resolution for afk and/or non-existent players in a match. Over the last couple of weeks, have been in at least 10 matches that were 4 vs 5 players.

I would like to suggest that if, a player is not zoned into the map by the end of the first count-down, or even at 30s of the second count-down timer, then that player is removed from the group and the group is auto-queued for a replacement player. This also applies to those situations where a player does not leave the respawn/start zone within a predetermined time, then that player is kicked and a replacement brought in. We had a similar system in one of my other games and players had the option of toggling on/off whether they wanted to queue for matches already in progress. It really helped keep the queue moving and prevent lopsided matches.

Just an idea but I wanted to share it as food for thought

Archived