Remove pips

Senji.2048

I'd just like to know how people that are presumably also not contributing by sitting around watching people they perceive as not contributing know that those people sitting around are in fact still collecting pips while sitting around. Even at T6, you still have to do something every 15-20 mins, otherwise you're de-pipped or auto logged out. The scenario where a person comes in, reaches T3 and stands around in Garrison for an hour big pipping just doesn't exist.

Refreshing participation is very easy and can be done in no time. Removing pips probably sounds too radical. Maybe all I am trying to point out here in this discussion is the essence of World versus World. At least the way I see it. Of people cooperating and trying to achieve some common goal. And I don't think the reward system encourages people to play in this way. The +3 pips for last place and +5 pips for first place in current skirmish doesn't make much difference to convince players to gather up and do something. When there is a map with queue and squad of 20 people, then it makes me feel like something is wrong. And convincing people to join Teamspeak or Discord is a whole different story.

tbh participation farmers going afk are unlikely to be in a map with a queue. Because when you're doing something like that, you actually want to find an outnumbered map for maximum results. And as someone else has already mentioned you start losing participation after about 2-10 mins depending on what you did last and lose all your participation in about 15-20 mins total.

+1 for Pips in EOTM. Since ticket change from tourney to Skirmish ticket, all mistforged skin need just to pve/cap in WvW then afk. People doesnt need to be involve in WvW as we did when tourney were up. Pips ruins WvW community , most of the time, half of the map is just following but when it comes to fight or defend an objectif, they flee and run away. With the current meta, we cant outnumbered a 40-45+ zerg with 20 people, such fun.

Besides when you want to pip down, you find the least occupied map to better your chances of getting Outnumbered. That may not be possible based on your realm population and coverage though.

But to the OPs point, if you're in prime time or you see lots of activity, be kind to your fellow players and head to a BL map or OS to pip down. Queues suck.

Archived