Need to buff reaper

Dharma.9123

I'm not an outstanding player in pvp. Playing GW2 only 2 monthMy devision is between gold 2-3 (highest was plat 1). My main is revenant and winrate is about 50% only ( I dont lose hope to master it).ButAfter this reaper madness in middle rank pvp matches wanna try it to.Ofc you can say - necromancer dont have stability, he dont have mobility and bla blaJust wanna show result of my little experiment

https://ibb.co/juTvPehttps://ibb.co/mGpPHz

Game what I lost - phone call.So.. It is not still broken?

@Dharma.9123 said:

@Warscythes.9307 said:That's the BM build which I am pretty sure hasn't been touched. So if you play this last season then not much would have changed.

Perma quickness is pretty big deal. So cant agree

You are running a wells build with Reaper's onslaught? I am pretty sure you are suppose to run blighter's boon which was the meta reaper build from last season. Most people run spectral trait with spectral skills since most of your damage is shroud anyway.

Anyway try playing a couple more games first. Usually lose streak comes after winstreak. Especially considering power rev is considered one of the hardest spec to play. So it makes sense for you to perform better in a somewhat easier spec.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:Revenant has one of the highest skill caps in game, while reaper is one of the easiest spec to play. I think that explains a lot. (Btw, rev is a lot stronger in the current meta than reaper)

This. Revenant is actually hard to play, it being good and effective is fine. Reaper ( or even scourge to a lesser extend ) is what ruins low rating matchs. You got 2 of them in each team and it gives too many joke situations leading to snowball effects and stuff.

You are running a wells build with Reaper's onslaught? I am pretty sure you are suppose to run blighter's boon which was the meta reaper build from last season. Most people run spectral trait with spectral skills since most of your damage is shroud anyway.

I have enough sustain from wells (heal and also protection 5s). Sometimes trouble with lifeforce, but learned to manage it. Damage difference is crazy, only because enemy dont have time to react for full combo + your shroud 4 full cast is facter then shroud 3 fear duration + spine shiver proc for 4-5k without any casttime. If you got enemy till 50% - just blowing him up.

I'm pretty sure sPvP is played 5v5 which mean that your win rate with a specific profession hardly prove any point regarding the balance of this said profession. Winning a match in sPvP is the result of the concerted work of the 5 players of the team not the result of an isolated player with a supposed OP profession.

I have enough sustain from wells (heal and also protection 5s). Sometimes trouble with lifeforce, but learned to manage it. Damage difference is crazy, only because enemy dont have time to react for full combo + your shroud 4 full cast is facter then shroud 3 fear duration + spine shiver proc for 4-5k without any casttime. If you got enemy till 50% - just blowing him up.

That's the thing though. Well sustain is not nearly enough in my experience and I am in plat 1-2 when I plays. Sure if you 1v1 somebody then you can drag it out but the moment you get +1'd then you die horribly because you can't get out especially due to your lack of condi clears.

Also 50% doesn't really matter because you never run close to death and gravedigger pretty much never hits which is why I think you need to play a bit more after your winstreak. If you can somehow climb to a stupidly high level then I'd start questioning it. But you can see how win and lose streak happen all the time? I had a time when I lost similar amount of games as you won in that image. Do I go on the forum and complain that my class's UP? Not really, because usually I'd bounce back pretty quickly to my normal level.

Now ultimately I am not even going to talk about the balance here, just saying play a bit more games and see where you settle because win and loss streak happen all the time.

Archived