[Suggestion] Vote option for new map instance

Musha.4025

Please give us the option to start a new map instance. Sometimes instances of maps become bugged and unplayable, namely Domain of Istan and Sandswept Isles. Just like players are given the option to move to another instance from an unpopulated one, please also give us the inverse. Maybe have a vote option for players to vote for a new (non-bugged, non-stalled) instance of the map they are in, require a certain number of votes, and when it passes, those who voted are moved to a fresh instance and players on the old instance are given the option to change over just like normal. PLEASE!

Or maybe you can have a stalled/bugged event detector in your maps and if an event or event chain bugs out, give them that instance change option.

One the one hand, this would be handy. I've seen more than my share of bugged/stalled events and event chains in a number of zones, that I just wanted to 'reset.'

On the other, if this was a feature it could possibly be used to troll by a group of people voting for a new map when the old one is fine, causing those who are actually working on the old map to lose their progress. With how some people are in MMOs, it's a possibility that needs to be considered.

Also, you could just vote for a new map to farm new nodes. That's something that would definitely be abused.

@Torzini.1523 said:On the other, if this was a feature it could possibly be used to troll by a group of people voting for a new map when the old one is fine, causing those who are actually working on the old map to lose their progress. With how some people are in MMOs, it's a possibility that needs to be considered.Only those who voted for the new instance would be immediately transported to the new instance and the people on the old instance would be given the option to change over just like is currently in play; 1hr to change over.@Torzini.1523 said:Also, you could just vote for a new map to farm new nodes. That's something that would definitely be abused.There's usually a cap on how many nodes can be farmed.@starlinvf.1358 said:Plus theres the cost to spin up a new instance while the other are running.... thats money not being spent on other things, actively reduces gem profit if players have too much easy access to gold, and potentially higher price point from their cloud provider due to the resource profile and scheduling.I can't think of any way this would give players access to easy gold.

@Musha.4025 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:Plus theres the cost to spin up a new instance while the other are running.... thats money not being spent on other things, actively reduces gem profit if players have too much easy access to gold, and potentially higher price point from their cloud provider due to the resource profile and scheduling.I can't think of any way this would give players access to easy gold.

I think they mean the cost for Anet to spin up servers in real world dollars.

@Musha.4025 said:Please give us the option to start a new map instance. Sometimes instances of maps become bugged and unplayable, namely Domain of Istan and Sandswept Isles. Just like players are given the option to move to another instance from an unpopulated one, please also give us the inverse. Maybe have a vote option for players to vote for a new (non-bugged, non-stalled) instance of the map they are in, require a certain number of votes, and when it passes, those who voted are moved to a fresh instance and players on the old instance are given the option to change over just like normal. PLEASE!

Or maybe you can have a stalled/bugged event detector in your maps and if an event or event chain bugs out, give them that instance change option.

Since people just exit/reenter a map anyway until they are in a different instance why have a vote? Just allow you to say 'put me in another instance'.

Cause then anybody and everybody could have their own instance, which would be incredibly expensive for ANet to upkeep, not to mention highly abusable by players. I'm suggesting a system where a group of reasonable players can essentially help the game's community by getting a broken map instance CLOSED and replaced with a fresh unbroken one. Not a way for the Istan farmers to be able to hold hundreds of Istan instances open, but to CLOSE a broken instance. A 1hr timer before another new instance of the same map can be voted for would ensure the broken instance closes before another instance is created; thus creating a one-in-one-out map instance control. Just, for the love of Dwayna, give us some way to throw away the garbage map instances where everything is bugged!!

I think a voting system would get abused to farm and overfarm certain types of events.

Let's pretend that ANet doesn't have the bandwidth to create a new system for spawning new instances, i.e. we are stuck with maps closing naturally due to low population and manually, with intervention by ANet. The problem we want to solve is to find maps in which specific events aren't stalled. While the "correct" solution is for those events to be fixed so they stop stalling, we know (and hopefully ANet knows) that doesn't happen quickly.

So what we really want is some way for ANet to become aware, more quickly, that their intervention is required. The current system isn't working for that. Between /bug, forums, and reddit, it still can take a week or even three before someone at ANet realizes that there's a big enough issue requiring their attention.

I'm not sure the cheapest way to resolve that. Maybe adding a specific option in /bug reporting. Maybe a special email address.Making it subject to popular opinion is almost certainly a non-starter for ANet.

Archived