Does anyone else feel like puking with the skimmer?

Erasculio.2914

So, the mounts are really fun. I got the raptor (rather nice), then the springer (a bit meh), and then I went to find the mount I think is the best looking one, the skimmer.

Now that I have it, though, I feel like puking when I ride it :expressionless:

It's the only mount having that effect on me. Any idea what I could do to minimize this? I think it has something to do with how floaty it is and the way the screen jerks slightly when riding the skimmer.

I had a similar experience MANY years ago when I turned "Sea Action" on in a game called PT-109. All it did was make the boat rise and fall with respect to the horizon. Started making me queasy (yes, I'm a land lubber), so I concentrated on the other aspects of the UI until I became used to it. I don't have the skimmer yet, but, my advice is to try to not concentrate on the part that's causing the problem and try to "immerse" yourself in it and see if it goes away after an hour or so.

(And by MANY years ago, I mean many, many years ago. That game came out in the CGA graphics days and ran on a 286. Fun game, though.)

This is going to sound utterly crazy, especially since it's a tip I got for VR sickness - but it's been known for long time as a natural remedy (one that actually works) for sea sickness: ginger! Eat a little chunk (I like chewing it raw) or make tea with it, chances are it'll clear your problem entirely. Plus it's great in curries! ;-)

Ginger and peppermint both are extremely helpful with nausea. I'd have to say that skimmer does give me a bit of motion sickness but I'm slowly getting acclimated to its mode of movement. A helpful tip with the core mounts and how it relates to motion sickness is to not focus on your character, but instead on the terrain directly ahead of your character.

Archived