You Know mechanics are broken when:

Victory.2879

Type in your example of broken mechanics.

I'll start off with this:

Hit from stealth with 13,792 malicious backstab.

Instantly hit invuln skill: 8 skills blocked in the time it takes me to hit one button.

As soon as invuln drops, hit for another almost 11k skill, then 6-7k and downed.

I'm pretty tanky in all ascended but I may as well wear blue armor and no trinkets for all the good armor does to mitigate these stupidly high damage figures.

I'd post a screenie but it's too much hassle to get these forums to accept them.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Instantly hit invuln skill:
8 skills blocked in the time it takes me to hit one button.

.so.... how does one fire off 8 skills without hitting one button?

Did he hit 8 skills and you were invulnerable for them all?

Or did you hit 8 skills (before one button press wut??) and he was invulnerable, for all of them.

Im sure the enemy had that many attacks. Dont discount on crit procs and traits going off that may count as well. 8 hits isnt unbelievable in a short amount of time, especially with quickness.

You guys have all missed the point fo the post: you're supposed to post your own examples of 'broken' mechanics you've seen...

Isreal: the stupidly high damage from one skill, plus the near instant 8 attack skills he fired off ( no doubt claiming that he's 'muscle memoried' that sequence LOL). Oh, and stealth in this game is broken too.

@Victory.2879 said:Type in your example of broken mechanics.

I'll start off with this:

Hit from stealth with 13,792 malicious backstab.

Instantly hit invuln skill: 8 skills blocked in the time it takes me to hit one button.

As soon as invuln drops, hit for another almost 11k skill, then 6-7k and downed.

I'm pretty tanky in all ascended but I may as well wear blue armor and no trinkets for all the good armor does to mitigate these stupidly high damage figures.

I'd post a screenie but it's too much hassle to get these forums to accept them.

what is ur toon?

Here is an example of something I am seeing more and more of I think is broken:

1. In melee range, hit enemy with my greatsword...yep, things are going well this fight
  2. Swap to longbow, still in melee (130) range, my skills ALL say "out of range".
  3. Check...yep, I have the guy on top of me targetted.
  4. Switch back to greatsword, "oh look, I can hit them again".

I wouldn't say it's totally broken, but stealth in GW2 is very flakey with its implementation. Usually you expect a stealth based class to maintain stealth before an initial attack, but to then be unable to re-enter stealth without significant effort or until the fight is over. In GW2 stealth is relatively short lived, but there are a bajillion ways to enter it and latency issues that usually affect stealth seriously double down on the rage level in this game. Not sure what the solution is, maybe moving in stealth under combat quickly increases the likelihood that you are seen? Maybe players afflicted by bleed or other conditions leave footsteps? Who knows.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:When an enemy caps a camp and their yaks starts rolling out immediately, but you cap a camp and the first yak doesn't even spawn until 30s before the RI is up and of course by then it's dead or it goes to the wrong freaking place.

This is why you should kill the dolyaks before cap. In my experience this will make them spawn right away.

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:When an enemy caps a camp and their yaks starts rolling out immediately, but you cap a camp and the first yak doesn't even spawn until 30s before the RI is up and of course by then it's dead or it goes to the wrong freaking place.

This is why you should kill the dolyaks before cap. In my experience this will make them spawn right away.

Yeah, but I've have two dolyaks spawn and help me kill a yak..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

try rereading what the OP said. In the time it took him to hit his invuln (more likely in the time the invuln was active), his attacker fired off 8 skills. We've all encountered this at one time or another, so being dismissive of his complaint is just not fair or honest. The fact is that use of macros in WvW is getting out of hand. This is likely an example of it.

@Israel.7056 said:Definitely one of the most broken things I've experienced in wvw was the chill shout reaper before before they nerfed the trait. Good god that was aids.

pretty sure when they created that abomination of a trait they drove a lot of good people away from wvw and spvp. And then when they nerfed it they just replaced it with scourge rofl.

I'm happy to see an increase in power builds in wvw though, even if they are deadeyes and soulbeasts...

@tippolit.3591 said:

try rereading what the OP said. In the time it took him to hit his invuln (more likely in the time the invuln was active), his attacker fired off 8 skills. We've all encountered this at one time or another, so being dismissive of his complaint is just not fair or honest. The fact is that use of macros in WvW is getting out of hand. This is likely an example of it.

I re read it several times. He is not clear. 8 invulnerables popped before the OP hit one button.

So, my questions were;

-does the OP have skills that attack multiple times on auto prob-was he saying the attacker hit the OP with 8 skills in a row before the OP could hit a button-or was it something else.

I asked the question because he wasn't clear.

I wasn't being 'dishonest' nor 'dismissive'. Please don't read into a comment more. Unless you are the OP, and had (which he has done since my comment.) clarified his statement.

I asked for clarification. Simply put.

@tippolit.3591 said:

Or maybe just saying maybe it was an exaggeration.

Maybe it was really like 3 or 4 skills and he embellished a bit and said 8.

Still I know his frustration I also hate thieves and I've hated them since launch. Even after putting about several hundred hours on one I still hate them. They were a pain to fight on my warrior and they're even more annoying on my rev. The only thing I hate more than thieves are mesmers and I mained mesmer for the first year of the game.

@tippolit.3591 said:

.....using macros on thief usually makes you a worse thief, especially on D/P. Odds are the thief had quickness and was just auto attacking.

Archived