Season 5 hype train.

Season 5 before the expansion is already scheduled no date yet. I think we'll get 6 episodes in season 4 again giving them time for the late 3rd exp. Season 5 not being Kralkatorrik related but perhaps used as the first living world prequel to an expansion. Season 5 could be used as a maglev hype train to the biggest expansion yet.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Vavume.8065 said:I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

Even if the content amount is scaled accordingly?

I doubt ANet will offer new elite specs in the seasonal content. Nor mechanics like gliding or mounts. History tells us that coolest things are always in the expansions :)

True, but far more maps, skins, masteries, story, etc. Maybe they'll do 2 specs per class if it takes long enough

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Vavume.8065 said:I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

I doubt ANet will offer new elite specs in the seasonal content. Nor mechanics like gliding or mounts. History tells us that coolest things are always in the expansions :)

Except that there are already hints that some of the LS4E4+ and LS5 pieces will contain stuff that would previously have been found in expansions. (Heck, LS4E3 gave us a wicked-cool new mount with interesting mechanics of its own... I expect to see more breakable walls and VM crystals in LS4E4+.)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Except that there are already hints that some of the LS4E4+ and LS5 pieces will contain stuff that would previously have been found in expansions. (Heck, LS4E3 gave us a wicked-cool new mount with interesting mechanics of its own... I expect to see more breakable walls and VM crystals in LS4E4+.)

I would not since that would gate future living story chapters on having ls4e3 and everyone who enters at/after ep4 wont have that.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

I would not since that would gate future living story chapters on having ls4e3 and everyone who enters at/after ep4 wont have that.

I don't think ANet has any issue with gating content behind episodes within the same season, as Season 3 demonstrated.

@JDub.1530 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

I don't think ANet has any issue with gating content behind episodes within the same season, as Season 3 demonstrated.

what stuff in season 3 was gated behind prevous episodes?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

what stuff in season 3 was gated behind prevous episodes?Only thing I can think of was the various masteries, and even then, they could be unlocked even if you didn't own the chapter, although most of them were useless outside their respective parts.

I am curious what you will do instead of waiting. Publish your own expansion?

I know, I know, you probably meant you wouldn't still be playing the game in two years if an expansion takes that long. But as players, there is not much we can do but wait until the content shows up.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

what stuff in season 3 was gated behind prevous episodes?Only thing I can think of was the various masteries, and even then, they could be unlocked even if you didn't own the chapter, although most of them were useless outside their respective parts.

Yea then they werent gated since you dident need any of those masteries in any other episodes.Comparing what we talk to here were people wish to get breakable walls in ep 4+ meaning you have to have s04e03 to earn the beetle.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Why not? I mean you already need the expansion to play LS in the first place. Plus stuff like that downed skill 5 from S3 is insane power creep over anyone who doesn't have it in pve. There is nothing wrong with needing a certain episode to do something in a later episode, 200 gems is 70ish gold, not hard to get. Plus they alrady confirmed they want to release Expansion quality new features in LS episodes.

@Tsar CUBE.9281 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Why not? I mean you already need the expansion to play LS in the first place. Plus stuff like that downed skill 5 from S3 is insane power creep over anyone who doesn't have it in pve. There is nothing wrong with needing a certain episode to do something in a later episode, 200 gems is 70ish gold, not hard to get. Plus they alrady confirmed they want to release Expansion quality new features in LS episodes.

Doing that would even make Anet more money, because you have a bigger reason to buy an episode you missed.

@Tsar CUBE.9281 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

So what its not needed anywere to access any other content something people in here want to happen.Gate later living storys behind the new beetle mount thats the only one that can break walls.EditPeople now moan that they dont get all the living season when buy expansions think about what will happen if they cant access content they unlock for free becouse its locked behind earlier content they have to pay for the kitten storm will be fantastic.

@"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:Season 5 not being Kralkatorrik related but perhaps used as the first living world prequel to an expansion.

Season 2 was a prequel to HoT, Season 3 to PoF. So not a "first-timer" after all. ;)

Also, it is a little premature to make predictions. Let's see on which note Season 4 ends before we get hyped over Season 5. :)

@Linken.6345 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:I have no intention of waiting another 2 years for the next expansion.

So what its not needed anywere to access any other content something people in here want to happen.Gate later living storys behind the new beetle mount thats the only one that can break walls.EditPeople now moan that they dont get all the living season when buy expansions think about what will happen if they cant access content they unlock for free becouse its locked behind earlier content they have to pay for the kitten storm will be fantastic.

Well I wouldn't really say "gate" stuff. I mean even in the current episode you don't need the beetle to get through those walls. You can just wait for someone else to open them with their beetle. I think so long as they don't make it a hard requirement, it should be alright. I also don't think 200 gems is a reason to whip up a kitten storm... granted people might still try, but in that case it would be unjustified.

Archived