Guesting Servers

Lobsters.3869

So Im literally in a WVW squad right from a server I recently transfer from, but I go to change world and it say I can guest for 24 hour, but cannot play wvw if I do. So, I ask why and they said its from before when PvE event used to be server oriented and u transfer to do pve events. MY objection is there is no other reason to guest to server BUT to do wvw now, so why can I not do this if I guest there? Are you guys all sleeping?

Then I'm told u can only do one guest, so tell me why is this still a thing. If i want to guest to play wvw for 24 hour with friend from other server and u let me guest, but dont let me wvw (the only function this is useful for) then what is this and what are you doing. If you make some chair and give me free bubblehead u think I wont stumble on this? I did! Help me help you! I telling u now so u can fix it please, make 24 hour guest server able to do the one function it does WVW!

Please and thanks! :D Still enjoying this game after 1 year being back!

This won't be 'fixed'. You can't earn pips in WvW, even after a full transfer, for two WvW resets. This would allow players to band-wagon, spy, etc.
You will, however, be able to play with your Guild-mates, once the upcoming changes to WvW come about.

Guesting is still used to try to get into a different map instance. You can guest as many times as you like, but are restricted to 2 Guest Worlds per 24 hours.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Guesting

Good luck.

Guesting was originally used for PvE, back before MegaServers, when the PvE population was separated by servers.

Guesting has never worked in WvW, for the very practical reason, than you're not supposed to be able to play for an "enemy server". (All those nasty hobbits.... I mean enemy players... keep coming up with silly things like using up your supply, activate tactivators, put siege all over the inner keep to siege limit, spy/tell the enemy where your commanders are, where it's unguarded etc)

To actually play with someone from another server your options are:

• Transfer to that server
  • Get them to transfer to your server
  • Wait for 6-12+ months for when the new Alliance system. Then you can just join the same guild, set it to active wvw guild, and play together.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived