Whatever happened to "get gud" or "L2P"?

TheDevice.2751

And its not like we have ever seen this before with say... The mesmer.

People will never learn. Since any class in sPvP is at least 2x as powerfull in WvW and we're not really seeing an OP uproar there, we also know that this issue once again is 75% AoE in tiny conveniently AoE sized circles you are forced to stand in and 25% the class.

@Dawdler.8521 said:And its not like we have ever seen this before with say... The mesmer.

People will never learn. Since any class in sPvP is at least 2x as powerfull in WvW and we're not really seeing an OP uproar there, we also know that this issue once again is 75% AoE in tiny conveniently AoE sized circles you are forced to stand in and 25% the class.

aside from scourge when he WAS corrupting my resistance into immobilize i cant remember any profession that force me to stay in its AOE

Because "avoid this guy because you can't do anything to him while he presses his buttons" is the sign of a trashy game. If players have to actively avoid opponents who do the same thing every time because those players just can't compete with the output of literally 3 buttons, then the game has no effective skill ceiling to it--or rather, it has a skill ceiling and curve, but collectively they are about as accommodating as trying to stand up inside of a household convection oven.

It was never a ltp or get gud issue. People who use that are little kids who think they are good becuase they play a broken build. If you here high rank(plat and up) players say this is broken. Then it is broken. I have even seen players that are well known to be 1 of the better player complain about the balance of the game/ power creep. If you say to them get gut you are really.... yeah sure mate. hellsith even made a post about the game is not balanced that should say enough.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:People refuse to learn a new playstyle or change their build, thus its easier to rant for situations to change for them instead of them changing for the situation.

This is something ive pointed out many times on the forums over the years.

True. But still, the issue lies between top and low rating like i said. At top ranks, double reaper is surely annoying but that's it. At low ranks, double reaper makes game 50/50 because at least 3 players per team have no idea how to handle these ( and , in the worst cases, are going to feed them on middle shrine over and over ).

On the other hand, should these builds roll players from the same level that easily ? I'm not so sure.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:And its not like we have ever seen this before with say... The mesmer.

aside from scourge when he WAS corrupting my resistance into immobilize i cant remember any profession that force me to stay in its AOE

You forgot how sPvP works? You have to stand on circles to win. Circles just a tiny bit larger than most AoE fields. Only a few points are bigger and just by some weird coincidence, gameplay on them is much better as point blank AoE classes are far weaker there.

@"Swagg.9236" said:Because "avoid this guy because you can't do anything to him while he presses his buttons" is the sign of a trashy game. If players have to actively avoid opponents who do the same thing every time because those players just can't compete with the output of literally 3 buttons, then the game has no effective skill ceiling to it--or rather, it has a skill ceiling and curve, but collectively they are about as accommodating as trying to stand up inside of a household convection oven.

yet SB (warrior in general) has been that way since forever and thats ok..

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:It was never a ltp or get gud issue. People who use that are little kids who think they are good becuase they play a broken build. If you here high rank(plat and up) players say this is broken. Then it is broken. I have even seen players that are well known to be 1 of the better player complain about the balance of the game/ power creep. If you say to them get gut you are really.... yeah sure mate. hellsith even made a post about the game is not balanced that should say enough.

Right and plenty of Plat+ players have said mesmers are broke, SB is broken, and DE is broken. So we should nerf everyone huh.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:It was never a ltp or get gud issue. People who use that are little kids who think they are good becuase they play a broken build. If you here high rank(plat and up) players say this is broken. Then it is broken. I have even seen players that are well known to be 1 of the better player complain about the balance of the game/ power creep. If you say to them get gut you are really.... yeah sure mate. hellsith even made a post about the game is not balanced that should say enough.

Right and plenty of Plat+ players have said mesmers are broke, SB is broken, and DE is broken. So we should nerf everyone huh.

Actually they are all broken so ya. Would be a good start

Responding to question in title.Almost everybody who "got gud" in this game left. Also there is simple quite imposible to learn from 3 sec fights when you are dropped down instantly.There is also no point of trying to learn. You will not get any rewards for being good and it does not matter how good you are if you meet your hard counter.The point of pvp right now is to farm gold and currency not to introduce competition

@Jalal.6783 said:

Actually they are all broken so ya. Would be a good start

Yes nerf everything really hard like bring it to a normal point agian 50%+ nerf would be nice.

I wouldn't say reaper is good. Maybe average now. In fact most popular A and B tier builds will beat it at equal skill level unless we are talking about something nonsensical like you have 50% plus life force when a duel starts. 0-25% life force to start most decent builds should have no problem beating a melee reaper assuming roughly equal skill level between the two players. On my Core Guardian if I lose to a melee reaper its usually excessive life force for them to start or super lucky chill procs.

@"Virelion.4128" said:Responding to question in title.Almost everybody who "got gud" in this game left. Also there is simple quite imposible to learn from 3 sec fights when you are dropped down instantly.There is also no point of trying to learn. You will not get any rewards for being good and it does not matter how good you are if you meet your hard counter.The point of pvp right now is to farm gold and currency not to introduce competition

sure they left. now other people have taken their place. it's just that everything isn't as super serious anymore.

Pfft, coulda said the same for many others. Enjoy being hated on and being told you're bad and the class is just carrying... Gonna be a a pretty demoralizing time until they nerf you to obscurity or leave you alone until power creep makes you obsolete.

I look forward to the next group that brings this up because no one wants to learn to counter or run counter specs...

As always I blame conquest for the state of PvP.

All is vain.

L2P has been dead forever. People just expect something to go down when they facetank it and if it doesn't, they scream for nerfs.Happens every friggin' day. If you need a laugh, You should read the PvP forum right after a balance patch hit. Always have popcorn and coke at hand for that repeating occasion. Which is why I'm obese... ah well!

Archived