Suggestion: Make PoF Metas that reward Amalgamated Gemstones.

dani.4398

You've been introducing new legendaries, but no new ways of getting the materials. I'm not saying make it so we can farm 250 gemstones in 1 day, but perhaps one or two new metas that give it as a reward. Those new PoF metas could occur at the same time the old HoT ones are happening to make it less convenient and therefore players who don't count with infinite time can also pick different ways of getting the mats.

The old HoT metas would still be played for specific map currencies that you need for legendary components and the new PoF ones would be played for some extra amalgamated gemstones and perhaps some new legendary components?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the forums have been over this already. POF has a higher abundance of Oric and Ancient wood, both of which generate Orbs used in the creation of Alma-gems. The HOT meta's awarding a Gem has, ironically, been driving the price of Amalagems down without lowering the price of Orbs (which should be in something of an equilibrium). Something else I've noticed, that doens't get pointed out a lot, is that POF stats don't use Gems in their recipes (and brandspark can't be made into Amalgamated gems without first converting them to black diamonds).

Another problem with this is how the time gates are currently influencing the incoming rate of amalgamated gems, since its cheaper then crafting. Opening even 2 events to this creates 2 additional problems; 1. It gets added to daily farm routes of existing farmers. And 2. POF focused players are now dumping an additional few thousand gems into the TP per day that weren't before (further exacerbating the existing problem with Orbs).

Normally I'd be "for" more sources, except we already have a farming vector that is being completely ignored due to cost effectiveness. If anything, there needs to be a correction to how we go about production of amalgamated gems, before the Devs decide to abandon it with Gen 3 in order to reset the board on it. And don't think they aren't considering it.... The system is not doing what they want, and players are too stuck in their mind set to easily correct via existing reward channels (without destabilizing a section of the economy in the process).

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:If Anet wants us to use amalgamated gemstones for certain things in PoF, there should be a direct way to get them IN PoF.

Amalgamated Gemstore were not introduced with HoT, they were in the game well before the first expansion. They are not HoT content as many people choose to believe. Even HoT metas didn’t always award the gemstones, they were added as a reward revamp, along with the other items in the Hero chests to get people to do the metas.There is a way to get them, via the guaranteed Mystic Forge recipe. Again, no expansion required.

Could Meta-events be more rewarding in PoF? Sure, but to say you can not obtain Amgems directly with only the Path of Fire expansion is a lie.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Indirect ways is not the same as getting a meta bag that lets you pic the gemstone.It's only not the same in terms of someone roleplaying the idea that they personally acquire everything they use to make a legendary. Since we already have to forge clover, why is it a problem to forge orbs/crests for AmGems (or buy them on the TP)?

By the logic of farming other things and just buying them, there should never be more than one place to get something.No, not at all. It means if the market is supplying enough, then players don't need more sources.

If Anet wants us to use amalgamated gemstones for certain things in PoF, there should be a direct way to get them IN PoF.Do they want us to? So far, the only use is to make an HoT legendary using PoF map completion and, as noted elsewhere, there already are ways to obtain them without leaving PoF.

Again, I have nothing against AmGems as a reward, except that there are other things that I'd rather have from PoF events that are harder and more annoying to obtain than AmGems.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:So you're one for inconsistency to the point it ruins the game. Got it.

Well that’s subjective. I don’t do PoF metas because they aren’t rewarding, or fit into my schedule. Having an Amgem from some of them won’t entice me to do them, there’s far better incentive that could be added instead. The two main meta events which aren’t done on the regular is Maws of Torment and Serpents Ire. Not because of the rewards, but because one is not on a schedule (Maw) and the other one still has some very big scaling flaws it’s not worth even trying. The other events which happen are far too easy to do to consider a reward revamp.When you are farming, schedules and consistency is a bigger factor than the reward. Which is why HoT metas are still popular enough to complete. Heck, you can get 3 amgems in 1hr with HoT metas. Who wants to wait around for X,Y, Z event in PoF when you could farm Palawadan/Silverwastes for a better gold return.

One of the best examples I can give you is the Ley-Line anomaly which happens every 3 hours and is a stupidly tedious event to do with less than a full squad. That awards a Mystic Coin but when was the last time you did it? When you were getting the Beetle Mount? When it was a current event? Last time for me was for the beetle. Mystic coins are expensive and in demand but why chase the event when you can spend less time doing something else for the same/greater gold return? This is how the ingame economy works, we pay someone else to do the stuff and get the materials we don’t want to.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They should be added to the daily chest only otherwise people would just farm maw over and over. It still would not get enough people to do these metas to make a difference. What people seem to want is a farm.

This is like. Replace the Essences of Luck with an Amalgamated Gemstone. More and more players are reaching or have already capped Magic Find so this is a daily reward that’s truly not a reward.

@zealex.9410 said:No they shouldnt. Give pof its own drops, we dont need to make hot less popular.

They can't, the game has horizontal progression, if they made HoT less relevant they would kill a lot of content.

Anyways, this conversation went the other way. I just wanted to see what people thought about new metas rewarding AGs. However, looks like I invoked the game economy police and the brainless farmers. Enjoy your game lads.

@dani.4398 said:

@zealex.9410 said:No they shouldnt. Give pof its own drops, we dont need to make hot less popular.

They can't, the game has horizontal progression, if they made HoT less relevant they would kill a lot of content.

Anyways, this conversation went the other way. I just wanted to see what people thought about new metas rewarding AGs. However, looks like I invoked the game economy police and the brainless farmers. Enjoy your game lads.

Because insulting those opposed is always such a powerful argument. /s

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:We already can farm AmGems quickly: run Istan or Silverwates, convert all the drops/currency to coin, use those funds to buy gems directly (or buy orbs to forge into AmGems). I'd rather see more mosaics or unique skins or infusions than something readily available from other sources.

Of course. Let''s gather playerbase in Istan for 90% of the time so we don't need to put any rewards in any other content ever.

@segman.3560 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:We already can farm AmGems quickly: run Istan or Silverwates, convert all the drops/currency to coin, use those funds to buy gems directly (or buy orbs to forge into AmGems). I'd rather see more mosaics or unique skins or infusions than something readily available from other sources.

Of course. Let''s gather playerbase in Istan for 90% of the time so we don't need to put any rewards in any other content ever.

There's putting rewards in, and then there's devauling materials because it's seen as the easy fix.I'd much rather see real rewards put in than them pigeon holing Amalgmated Gemstone which have already had their price tank, as i stated in the other thread.

@segman.3560 said:

Interesting that you misunderstood that to mean its opposite. Adding a single AmGem to a few events isn't going to drag people away from Istan, not when you can get enough gold to pay for fistfuls of AmGems for the same effort.

However, PoF offers some rewards that can't be purchased with gold and requires items that aren't currently available from the less popular metas (or are available in low supply). Part of the popularity of the HoT metas is that, besides the decent loot, they also have a chance to drop various special shinies and offer currency that isn't readily available elsewhere. PoF metas don't have the special shines, drop currency that is available through other mechanics, and don't have the decent loot.

Adding AmGems is similar to adding gold: less inflationary than coin, but not any more fun or exciting. If you ANet wants people attracted elsewhere, then they will try to provide something new or not-easily obtained through existing sources.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:No they shouldnt. Give pof its own drops, we dont need to make hot less popular.

Please, don't feel insulted. You'll take merit off of my real insults.

My idea was to have alternative maps or metas that you can do in order to earn the amalgamated gemstones or another legendary currency. We've been doing the HoT ones for 3 years now and having a 5th and or even a 6th map with a meta that gives you one more amalgamated gemstone wouldn't hurt. However everyone here is like: "Nah the economy, nah we already got Istan and SW (which are brainless at this point)".

So why bother? If you want to keep on doing the same old content cause it is better for gold/hour so be it. I myself get bored after 10 mins in SW and Istan is just mindless tank and spank, while as Dragonstand and Chak Gerent might not give a good amount of gold/hour, but you get into the map, you feel the meta and even if you didn't want to be there in the beginning, you end up wanting to stay till the end. And this is coming from a guy that mains WvW and PvP content.

@dani.4398 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:No they shouldnt. Give pof its own drops, we dont need to make hot less popular.

My idea was to have alternative maps or metas that you can do in order to earn the amalgamated gemstones or another legendary currency. We've been doing the HoT ones for 3 years now and having a 5th and or even a 6th map with a meta that gives you one more amalgamated gemstone wouldn't hurt. However everyone here is like: "Nah the economy, nah we already got Istan and SW (which are brainless at this point)".

So why bother? If you want to keep on doing the same old content cause it is better for gold/hour so be it. I myself get bored after 10 mins in SW and Istan is just mindless tank and spank, while as Dragonstand and Chak Gerent might not give a good amount of gold/hour, but you get into the map, you feel the meta and even if you didn't want to be there in the beginning, you end up wanting to stay till the end. And this is coming from a guy that mains WvW and PvP content.

Because having a healthy economy actually matters and as i've already showcased in the other thread with just 4 "new sources" the priced tanked 50%. Arguably people only do 3 of the 4 because the 4th is Dragon Stand and that "takes to long". Given that very simple information it's pretty easy to make an educated guess what will happen by introducing "1 or 2" more sources. That nice "valuable" reward you added just became yet another useless reward. You're not solving the problem and you're actually just inadventnly pushing more people to go farm gold.

Additionally, it's not like AG's are without a way to craft them and if you want "more things to do" then they can increase the end of jumping puzzle T6 Gem rewards so you're more incentivized to craft them.

@dani.4398 said:

So how should someone take being called a "brainless farmer" when playing the game the way they like if not as an insult?

@"Linken.6345" said:

So how should someone take being called a "brainless farmer" when playing the game the way they like if not as an insult?

Man, you are more than welcomed to feel insulted if it suits you. I'm not trying to insult, I'm just saying that you can literally watch TV while doing those profitable metas.

@"TexZero.7910" said:.

Because having a healthy economy actually matters and as i've already showcased in the other thread with just 4 "new sources" the priced tanked 50%. Arguably people only do 3 of the 4 because the 4th is Dragon Stand and that "takes to long". Given that very simple information it's pretty easy to make an educated guess what will happen by introducing "1 or 2" more sources. That nice "valuable" reward you added just became yet another useless reward. You're not solving the problem and you're actually just inadventnly pushing more people to go farm gold.

Additionally, it's not like AG's are without a way to craft them and if you want "more things to do" then they can increase the end of jumping puzzle T6 Gem rewards so you're more incentivized to craft them.

Lad, if you are so worried about the economy you can add a cap to how many AGs you can loot per day. Let's say you can only loot 4 a day... problem solved. The economic side is not my point, my point is arguing for the introduction of new metas with valid or unique materials and relevant currencies, like AGs and HoT currencies.