so...... when will Jennah get married / Kryta get a King???

crepuscular.9047

judging by the time Jennah ascended the throne (1316 AE), we can guess she's probably at her (at minimum) mid 20s (we are currently in 1331 AE, 15 years since ascension)

so it's a natural thing to ask, when will Jennah get married? it would be the biggest event to happen in the last human kingdom of kryta

pretty sure the royalist faction must be hassling her all the time to produce an heir to the throne in the back rooms

Never! She's a strong, independent woman who doesn't need a MAN to--[Jennah dies without producing an heir and Kryta's plunged into a civil war as varying factions vie for the throne]...sigh.

Could be an interesting storyline if that happened, truth be told (or if Jennah DID get married and has an heir to the throne)...but the human race got a lot of attention in Path of Fire, so it's possible we won't see a human-centered storyline for a while. At least, I hope not.

@Batel.9206 said:Never! She's a strong, independent woman who doesn't need a MAN to--[Jennah dies without producing an heir and Kryta's plunged into a civil war as varying factions vie for the throne]...sigh.

could work... the whole human race plunges into civil war, nuking with other with asura's WoMD wiping each other out

without the gods replenishing Tyria with new humans from the mist, RIP human race on Tyria, end of GW franchise :lol:

He would be Prince Consort or King Consort. Consort irefers to those who are kings/queens by marriage, and do not hold the governmental rights of the crown. As oppose to King/Queen regnant.

I mean, the most logical choice would be Wade Samuelsson of Ebonhawke, or whoever is most influental aristocrat in Kryta at the moment.

• tinfoilhat Human noble PC marries Jennah at the end of gw2

But, honestly I assume we are going to be seeing more parliamentarian elements developing in Kryta

Kryta doesn't have to follow our rl old world conventions for the succession. (In fact, even in old europe there were many different ways to inherit the royal rights)So she doesn't need to marry at all, nor bear child, for that matter.She can just adopt.The question should be "When is Jenna going to declare how she is going to pass her power to a successor?"

@Ardid.7203 said:Kryta doesn't have to follow our rl old world conventions for the succession... She can just adopt.It doesn't, but we do know one thing about the conventions that they do follow- any king or queen has to be able to trace their ancestry back to King Doric. That probably narrows down the pool of eligible orphans substantially.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:Kryta doesn't have to follow our rl old world conventions for the succession... She can just adopt.It doesn't, but we
do
know one thing about the conventions that they do follow- any king or queen has to be able to trace their ancestry back to King Doric. That probably narrows down the pool of eligible orphans substantially.

I wou;dn't be too sure about that. Nobility tend to spread the love so to speak.

@Zilong.1407 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:Kryta doesn't have to follow our rl old world conventions for the succession... She can just adopt.It doesn't, but we
do
know one thing about the conventions that they do follow- any king or queen has to be able to trace their ancestry back to King Doric. That probably narrows down the pool of eligible orphans substantially.

I wou;dn't be too sure about that. Nobility tend to spread the love so to speak.

Emphasis on 'trace'. Having the blood isn't enough- you need to know you have it, and have at least weak evidence to prove it to people who might be skeptical.

There have long been tongues wagging about Jennah still being unmarried, even at her relatively young age, and up until Head of the Snake, most assumed it was poor lapdog Logan, pining for Jennah, that would eventually marry her -- as soon as it could be justified enough for politics. Now that that has been shut down thoroughly, Jennah has shown no interests in any suitors, nor are there any chasing her (to our knowledge). Once one or the other happens, or Logan finally proves to be the hero we deserve, gossip about her marrying can resume.

As far as Jennah and Anise are concerned, they are close friends, but probably not more than that. We've seen them together countless times and while they are good friends, I haven't read any more subtext than that, despite whatever shippers may say.

The whole Jennah and Anise are Lyssa thing is completely absurd. It's been talked about multiple times since the rumour that Balthazar was coming back, and it feels like a lazy plot point. Besides, Jennah is far too public a figure to secretly be a goddess. Anise, however, might be more than she says, and is more often in shadow than not. Clearly, she's Livi- wait, we had that reveal already. Never mind.

Much as i'd love, and I would REALLY love us going to Cantha soon. I think it's unlikely to happen considering how human centric PoF was.

Plus, even a devastated Cantha would boost the human population to such a point that my reaction to the whole narrative about humans being a dying race would go from a quirked eyebrow, to wheezing laughter.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

do

Emphasis on 'trace'. Having the blood isn't enough- you need to
know
you have it, and have at least weak evidence to prove it to people who might be skeptical.

One assumes that some sort of magical paternity or great-great-grand paternity testing is available.

Archived