Do you still play dungeons? (Excluding fractals)

Saunby.5306

Just wondered whether people still play the dungeons? I found myself in the Ascalon Dungeon when I needed the tears for my legendary and realised it had been years since I had done dungeons! Personally, I would love to get back into them- but would like some new dungeons, what do people think?

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Fractals are dungeons (says so right on the entrance) and we have a few new ones.ah but if that is true, why is the subforum called , 'Fractals, Dungeons & Raids' ? lol

All seriousness OP, I don't run dungeons anymore. As soon as the announcement of the impending hot rewards nerf was announced, I finished up my dungeoneer title because it was clear to me that dungeon pugging would never be the same. I tried dungeon running a few dozen times since then, but its just awful. No one respects the lfg, even lenient requirements like "experienced 80s" is joined by level 80s who have no idea what to do, or worse under leveled players who really have no idea what to do. Its amazing, with how much higher our burst damage is now (holos and dragon hunters), dungeons should be so easy, but if the rewards arn't there, the skilled players won't be either.

I would totally be down for new dungeons coming into the game. But at this point, I think your better off facing reality, dungeons are dead forever.

edit: oh also I should mention, to me, the thing that really makes dungeons different from fractals, is that fractals were always heavily focused on combat, while dungeons were a lot more focused on things like stealth, portals, and general movement. In short, dungeons were more like a race with some combat sprinkled in. With that in mind, if new dungeons ever entered the game, I would be disappointed if they didn't involve mounts.

They aren't part of my routine play, but every so often a guildy will want some tokens for a legendary component, or maybe just skins. Personally I've run the various WvW dungeon reward tracks so many times, I don't need to go back into dungeons unless I'm after the Dungeoneering achievement.

Overall I much prefer fractals simply because the rewards are far more relevant. Got dungeon frequenter yesterday which rewards 5g, but I earned twice that amount doing T4 fractals in just over an hour later that night.

@thrag.9740 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Fractals are dungeons (says so right on the entrance) and we have a few new ones.ah but if that is true, why is the subforum called , 'Fractals, Dungeons & Raids' ? lol

Mmm ya ??I played since beta.. I basically waited for and played every new contents as it came out. That's how much I enjoyed this game :)If you ask me if I find fractal to be dungeon .. I'd say no. The feeling and experience for me in dungeon and fractal are different, each has a special place and nice experience. I'd love both continue to be developed. I also like to see more part of LS in fractals and new small localised dungeon link to the region coming with each new map..As for old dungeons. I don't see any good incentive doing it...

I've done my fair share of Dungeons back in the early days. Haven't done them in years tho since I already managed to get all the skins and armors I wanted from each dungeon as well as the Dungeon Master title. After this, I didn't really have an incentive to go back as the rewards are lackluster compared to other content.

They are extremely fun tho and do feel more like proper dungeons compared to Fractels of The Mist like someone else mentioned. I think they should be reworked a bit, also their reward system should be buffed to attract some more people.

I'd love to do them, but it's been a long while since I have and I don't remember most of the strats. Since all of the groups in LFG require 'experienced level 80s' and I haven't been to the dungeons recently enough to remember them, I don't get to play them. I at least got the chance to play them in the past - there are many newer players that will likely never get the chance because of the seemingly-standard 'experienced only' attitude in the explorable paths.

I'll probably never get all the unique skins, but my weekly key runs will eventually yield enough Tyrian Exchange Vouchers to get the 7 runes of the monk I need for my druid, plus whatever currencies I need for oldschool legendaries.

@foozlesprite.8051 said:I'd love to do them, but it's been a long while since I have and I don't remember most of the strats. Since all of the groups in LFG require 'experienced level 80s' and I haven't been to the dungeons recently enough to remember them, I don't get to play them. I at least got the chance to play them in the past - there are many newer players that will likely never get the chance because of the seemingly-standard 'experienced only' attitude in the explorable paths.

I'll probably never get all the unique skins, but my weekly key runs will eventually yield enough Tyrian Exchange Vouchers to get the 7 runes of the monk I need for my druid, plus whatever currencies I need for oldschool legendaries.

Yea becouse noone I mean noone can start a chilled relaxed/first timer post in the lfg its against the rules right?

Played dungeons a lot in the past, but they are way past time for an update to bring it in line with the rest of the content - something we know will not happen because Anet is busy with...I frankly don't know what they are so busy with. First it was said that legendary armor (3 sets with new animation tech that for some reason they DON'T want to use again) consumed so many resources that it halted post HoT development among other things (which is when they conveniently came up with the idea of full outfits instead). Even before that, it was that the original dungeons team disbanded and most people that worked in those particular dungeons are not in Anet anymore. Then they had half the team busy with working in PoF (this one is fair enough but still). Now they have a dedicated fractals team and a dedicated raids team and neither can even review their own content if not in their free time. In short, Anet has a penchant for abandoning content in favor of "new and shiny" stuff, no matter how much polishing their world needs (a game this old should have a polishing team), so I really don't expect anything from dungeons ever again.

@"maxwelgm.4315" said:Played dungeons a lot in the past, but they are way past time for an update to bring it in line with the rest of the content - something we know will not happen because Anet is busy with...I frankly don't know what they are so busy with. First it was said that legendary armor (3 sets with new animation tech that for some reason they DON'T want to use again) consumed so many resources that it halted post HoT development among other things (which is when they conveniently came up with the idea of full outfits instead). Even before that, it was that the original dungeons team disbanded and most people that worked in those particular dungeons are not in Anet anymore. Then they had half the team busy with working in PoF (this one is fair enough but still). Now they have a dedicated fractals team and a dedicated raids team and neither can even review their own content if not in their free time. In short, Anet has a penchant for abandoning content in favor of "new and shiny" stuff, no matter how much polishing their world needs (a game this old should have a polishing team), so I really don't expect anything from dungeons ever again.

Dont forget that the fractal and raid team are mostly the same members hence why we dont get both at the same time anymore.

Hi, dungeons are over 50 gold an hour, better gold than any open world farm, and 96 farming unless you have Fractal God.

I've said this before on Reddit, but I'll say it again, the problem with dungeons is not them themselves, but the community's opinions on them, there are a couple fixes that'd go a long way though. Removing diminishing returns (the non path-specific DR) and adding back the current dungeon recipes that are bugged and currently don't drop are the two biggest changes that need to be made.

Archived