anyone got that all is vain post?

Stand The Wall.6987

It's beat poetry at it's finest.

! OK gusie listen! im decent pvp! but my gf left me! coz of lederborsd! i mean W T F! i enter new leaderrbord after reset! and i say i am decent! i adapt! i see no gaurd so i think ok go gaurd! i go imba heal guard! adn i am gona mid! and i heal and i heal and i heal moar! but w t f! i am alone! no one helps no loves! 1vall! i die no win! next game i say ho ho ho no guard no gaurd at all i go imba power crit wahtever! but guy at srat say ok gusy lisen plan! 1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid! ok ok i say i am mid coz far is noob! burt map say i am 1 mid rest animal no close no far! and i die hard lol! loost! then enters next! and i say lol i know now i follow plan noooobs! w t f skyham! i change imba engi canon trololol! so caanon here i comes! 1 mesmer hiding and pul no prob i push and push broken glass canon all mine! i shoot a shoot b shoot c! w t f! non see abc! they all canon gate coz it causy no push nothing just fight fight fight! chase chase chse! i say go b go a and go c! all say lol noob u here for golds! lossst! gf now half interest! i say ok lissen good i win next i go up 90%! but i dont! all ranks 10 for goold! next is same and next! 70% and down! ranks down too! i go guard i am mad no guard love! i go engi bunker power right no nothing! i do ele i go war ooops w t f war nerfes! 69% and down! gf dont impresss say she leaving now! all is vain

And the old thread included someone translating into semi-formal English:

! > “At the initial strategy phase of the game I joined, I presented the following plan to my fellow teammates: ‘Dear sirs, would one of you kindly cover the closest point, and then another person attack the nearest NPC type beast for the point bonus, and finally, would the rest of you accompany me to engage the enemy at the middle point?’! >
! > However, to my distress, I found myself bereft of assistance when I went to the middle point and when I looked to find where my team was located, I found them all attacking the NPC beast. Not a single person had even decided to attempt in capturing either the point closest to our starting point, nor the farthest!! >
! > As a result of this ill fortune, I stood no chance to the overwhelming odds I faced as the enemy advanced upon my position, and I was struck down. Sadly, the game ended up as a loss."

Not everyone approved of the translation. Critic (and PvP dev) Grouch wrote:

! > First off, I’d like to thank you for your efforts in broadening the cultural horizons of our day-to-day forum goers. That said, I believe that much of the raw emotion that lives within the original narrative is lost in this translation.! >! > While your version is much more accessible for the everyday reader, I truly hope that they become captivated by the thematic undercurrents and take the time to fully understand the piece in its original form.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It's beat poetry at it's finest.

! OK gusie listen! im decent pvp! but my gf left me! coz of lederborsd! i mean W T F! i enter new leaderrbord after reset! and i say i am decent! i adapt! i see no gaurd so i think ok go gaurd! i go imba heal guard! adn i am gona mid! and i heal and i heal and i heal moar! but w t f! i am alone! no one helps no loves! 1vall! i die no win! next game i say ho ho ho no guard no gaurd at all i go imba power crit wahtever! but guy at srat say ok gusy lisen plan! 1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid! ok ok i say i am mid coz far is noob! burt map say i am 1 mid rest animal no close no far! and i die hard lol! loost! then enters next! and i say lol i know now i follow plan noooobs! w t f skyham! i change imba engi canon trololol! so caanon here i comes! 1 mesmer hiding and pul no prob i push and push broken glass canon all mine! i shoot a shoot b shoot c! w t f! non see abc! they all canon gate coz it causy no push nothing just fight fight fight! chase chase chse! i say go b go a and go c! all say lol noob u here for golds! lossst! gf now half interest! i say ok lissen good i win next i go up 90%! but i dont! all ranks 10 for goold! next is same and next! 70% and down! ranks down too! i go guard i am mad no guard love! i go engi bunker power right no nothing! i do ele i go war ooops w t f war nerfes! 69% and down! gf dont impresss say she leaving now! all is vain

And the old thread included someone
:

! > “At the initial strategy phase of the game I joined, I presented the following plan to my fellow teammates: ‘Dear sirs, would one of you kindly cover the closest point, and then another person attack the nearest NPC type beast for the point bonus, and finally, would the rest of you accompany me to engage the enemy at the middle point?’! >

! > However, to my distress, I found myself bereft of assistance when I went to the middle point and when I looked to find where my team was located, I found them all attacking the NPC beast. Not a single person had even decided to attempt in capturing either the point closest to our starting point, nor the farthest!! >

! > As a result of this ill fortune, I stood no chance to the overwhelming odds I faced as the enemy advanced upon my position, and I was struck down. Sadly, the game ended up as a loss."

Not everyone approved of the translation. Critic (and PvP dev)
:

! > First off, I’d like to thank you for your efforts in broadening the cultural horizons of our day-to-day forum goers. That said, I believe that much of the raw emotion that lives within the original narrative is lost in this translation.! >! > While your version is much more accessible for the everyday reader, I truly hope that they become captivated by the thematic undercurrents and take the time to fully understand the piece in its original form.

Ah Grouch, the old times when GW2 tried to be succesful so hard, it failed and took him down aswell.

Archived