New Expansion(POLL) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Expansion(POLL)

When do you guys think the expansion will come out? I doubt we will exceed 2 years since pof and hot didn’t exceed that in between there gape anyways what you think!?

New Expansion(POLL) 134 votes

6 months
5%
Devilman.1532Witch of Doom.5739Lumpy Forehead.2193aimz.6287kuma.2710trixantea.1230Depths.4051 7 votes
1 year
27%
Just a flesh wound.3589LucianDK.8615Jethro.9376Arden.7480Alatar.7364XenesisII.1540Zaraki.5784Susy.7529Zoltar MacRoth.7146Ardid.7203Game of Bones.8975Stinger.4120Absconditus.6804PzTnT.7198Umadusa.5874asterix.9614MauChann.3081hugo.4705Chay.7852maxan.7836 37 votes
1.5 year
27%
ReaverKane.7598Fenom.9457Q ho.3514Ashantara.8731BunjiKugashira.9754Ayrilana.1396Haleydawn.3764Tanner Blackfeather.6509notebene.3190Vegeta.2563tazzannl.5016Raolin Soulherder.3195ProtoGunner.4953killermanjaro.5670InsaneQR.7412Ayakaru.6583TheNecrosanct.4028Vherak.5276Xenon.4537zenleto.6179 37 votes
2 years
39%
WhatLiesBeneath.9018maddoctor.2738Arioch.6507Endless Soul.5178derd.6413Glider.5792st elmos fire.2987Cacti Eleven.9135MithranArkanere.8957Iron.4372Tyson.5160Skyrum.5483Kalendraf.9521Blockhead Magee.3092Kiva.9012phokus.8934yoni.7015crepuscular.9047pho.9412Whitworth.7259 53 votes

Comments

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 years

It might be scheduled for 1.5 years but releasing an episode a month later here and waiting for a festival to end there will drag it out to be closer to 2 years. I don't mind as long as it's good in the end, the previous expansions were good so I'm looking forward to it. I think it will depend on how much retention, relying solely on LS and festivals, can be generated. It wouldn't suprise me if we got another PR-vid at the end of LS4 announcing the next Xpac three months later.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Probably should have added the 2+ years choice.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 years

yeah, i think 2+ is more realistic, anything less than 1 year is unrealistic

especially with the fact that they need to figure out how to get new features to run on such an old engine.

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
  • 2 years

First two options are pretty much impossible, with the third option unlikely since there's going to be two seasons now and we're only half done with season 4.

• Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2018
    2 years

That is given ANET continues with the 3-4 months between LW releases, which I don't see them changing anytime soon.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't know.. I just enjoy whatever deliver to us.. so far so good.. we constantly get spoilt. The last festival was not long ago.. it was fun right.. :p

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• 1.5 year

1.5 years from now

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rhyse.8179 said:
    You forget the "I don't care as long as it doesn't suck" option.

I will pick that haha

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Lucius.2140Lucius.2140 Member ✭✭✭
    2 years

2+ years. I think the LS will either speed up or grow more ambitious.

For the Blood Legion! - 11 charr

• segman.3560segman.3560 Member ✭✭✭

Never?

//Body is 4 characters too short.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 years

it's entirely possible that the only reason there was only 1 season between hot and pof is because of the content draught right after hot

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1 year

"When its ready tm"

But I think Season 4 will have 5 episodes (Eve Eschenbacher accidentaly confirmed that), Season 5 will have 3 episodes.

Ep 4- September
    Ep 5- December

Ep 1- February
    Ep 2- May
    Ep 3- August

Expansion 3- October/November 2019.

Thats my speculation, I think the Seasons work yearly now.

Seek, and you shall find.

• 1 year

This game is going to literally die if people have to wait 2 years for an expansion when everything has been done so slowly.

• 1 year

No less than a year.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly I don't care. An expansion is just a storyline (with associated maps, rewards, achievements etc.) and a bunch of new features all bundled together which I have to pay for instead of getting as a free update.

I was happy to pay for both PoF and HoT (more so PoF because it didn't have the whole confusion over whether we're buying the base game again) and depending on what's in it I'll probably buy expansion 3 as well. But boxing up a bunch of updates and charging for them doesn't make them any better or more exciting IMO so if we can get the same stuff via free updates I certainly won't complain.

It remains to be seen if that's the case or not, but if they can bring out 'expansion features' like new elite specs, new mechanics like mounts or gliding, new guild halls, new armour sets (already happening) etc. as part of or alongside the Living Story instead of having to sell them separately then I won't miss expansions at all.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1.5 year

1.5 from now is likely. The upside though is expansions are another team so they’ll have been adding content to it for 2.5-3 years

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1.5 year

@Danikat.8537 said:
    But boxing up a bunch of updates and charging for them doesn't make them any better or more exciting IMO so if we can get the same stuff via free updates I certainly won't complain.

It remains to be seen if that's the case or not, but if they can bring out 'expansion features' like new elite specs, new mechanics like mounts or gliding, new guild halls, new armour sets (already happening) etc. as part of or alongside the Living Story instead of having to sell them separately then I won't miss expansions at all.

My thoughts exactly. :+1:

• Scar.1793Scar.1793 Member ✭✭✭
    2 years

@Arden.7480 said:
    "When its ready tm"

But I think Season 4 will have 5 episodes (Eve Eschenbacher accidentaly confirmed that), Season 5 will have 3 episodes.

Ep 4- September
    Ep 5- December

Ep 1- February
    Ep 2- May
    Ep 3- August

Thanks... I thought they were going for 9-10 per season. Would have killed the community as a lot of people would get bored of Elona after so long.

edited September 12, 2018
    1 year

@Scar.1793 said:

@Arden.7480 said:
    "When its ready tm"

Ep 4- September
    Ep 5- December

Ep 1- February
    Ep 2- May
    Ep 3- August

Thanks... I thought they were going for 9-10 per season. Would have killed the community as a lot of people would get bored of Elona after so long.

I'd not think so, especially because they said there will be season 5 just now. I mean they wouldnt say there is Season 5 if it wouldn't be very soon.

I also think Season 5 will be very short to settle down the ground for the story of the expansion.

I wrote a different post about why there MUST be Season 5. And I said that because of so many unresolved plots in Path of Fire and beyond- especially in Path of Fire.

We know that Kralkatorrik is supposed to be our major villain, so they will sacrifice this season and I think Season 5- 1-2 first episodes- to finish this story.

Look how many episodes they sacrificed only for Joko- Kralkatorrik backstory is much more juicy with Glint's Legacy, Aurene, Destiny's Edge on the background.

I think the rest of this season will be gathering the forces of Tyria to stand against Kralk- meeting with old allies like Caithe, Logan, Zojja, Jennah- discovering unknown secrets to help us fight against Kralk, I'd say we will kill Kralkatorrik- in the end or at the beginning of Season 5, but I think Aurene will in the end turn away from us and become the main villain for Season 5 and expansion 3 first part..

Her action will wake up one of the dragons- I think Deep Sea Dragon, that will be the main antagonist for the Expansion 3.

List of unresolved plots from PoF:

-Joko- resolved+Inquest's plot
    -Gods- unresolved- Lyssa's mystery, Balthazar's backstory
    -the future of Glint's Legacy- Aurene
    -Destiny's Edge plot- Zojja, Caithe
    -Rytlock's secret- unresolved
    -The Sunspears and Order of Shadows- Kito saying that he was together with the commander while killing the Elder Dragons.
    -Kralkatorrik juicy story.

Rest:
    -Malyck's Tree
    -The Nightmare Court's state
    -Pale Tree's state
    -how is Logan doing as the Marshall?
    -the Shining Blade's oath- Anise & Livia

I think there is much more of them.

Season 5 is a good way to mark the line between the story of Elona (Season 4) and the story of another region like Sea of Sorrows or Deldrimor or something else (Season 5).

• Scar.1793Scar.1793 Member ✭✭✭
    2 years

@Arden.7480 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Arden.7480 said:
    "When its ready tm"

Ep 4- September
    Ep 5- December

Ep 1- February
    Ep 2- May
    Ep 3- August

I'd not think so, especially because they said there will be season 5 just now. I mean they wouldnt say there is Season 5 if it wouldn't be very soon.

I also think Season 5 will be very short to settle down the ground for the story of the expansion.

I wrote a different post about why there MUST be Season 5. And I said that because of so many unresolved plots in Path of Fire and beyond- especially in Path of Fire.

We know that Kralkatorrik is supposed to be our major villain, so they will sacrifice this season and I think Season 5- 1-2 first episodes- to finish this story.

Look how many episodes they sacrificed only for Joko- Kralkatorrik backstory is much more juicy with Glint's Legacy, Aurene, Destiny's Edge on the background.

I think the rest of this season will be gathering the forces of Tyria to stand against Kralk- meeting with old allies like Caithe, Logan, Zojja, Jennah- discovering unknown secrets to help us fight against Kralk, I'd say we will kill Kralkatorrik- in the end or at the beginning of Season 5, but I think Aurene will in the end turn away from us and become the main villain for Season 5 and expansion 3 first part..

Her action will wake up one of the dragons- I think Deep Sea Dragon, that will be the main antagonist for the Expansion 3.

-The Sunspears and Order of Shadows- Kito saying that he was together with the commander while killing the Elder Dragons.

Rest:
    -Malyck's Tree
    -Pale Tree's state

Season 5 is a good way to mark the line between the story of Elona (Season 4) and the story of another region like Sea of Sorrows or Deldrimor or something else (Season 5).

I don’t know about you but fighting dragon A then B then C since 2012 got old. Especially with the likes of Mordremoth which are cookie cutter villains.

I think they should go with less giant things and foes that are more relatable and have real motives. But I guess we will not get that here sadly.

Fighting the Lich, Shiro or Varesh was memorable and cool.

2 years

@Arden.7480 said:
    [...]Season 4 will have 5 episodes (Eve Eschenbacher accidentaly confirmed that), Season 5 will have 3 episodes. [...]

Is there a link to read that confirmation?

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 years

@Scar.1793 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Arden.7480 said:
    "When its ready tm"

Ep 4- September
    Ep 5- December

Ep 1- February
    Ep 2- May
    Ep 3- August

Rest:
    -Malyck's Tree
    -Pale Tree's state

I don’t know about you but fighting dragon A then B then C since 2012 got old. Especially with the likes of Mordremoth which are cookie cutter villains.

I think they should go with less giant things and foes that are more relatable and have real motives. But I guess we will not get that here sadly.

Fighting the Lich, Shiro or Varesh was memorable and cool.

they could technicly do both. the most obvious would be a svanir leader as the central antagonist while jormag remains dormant for most of the arc's duration.

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

1 year

@lokh.2695 said:

@Arden.7480 said:
    [...]Season 4 will have 5 episodes (Eve Eschenbacher accidentaly confirmed that), Season 5 will have 3 episodes. [...]

yes during the Anniversary Stream:

time: 1:12:33

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1.5 year

They just told us it'd follow season 5.
    Two or three more episodes of 4.
    Then ~6 episodes of 5.
    So we're looking at an easy year and a half, up to two years.

5 could also be small 4 episodes in order to shift us into the expansion

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• @Arden.7480 said:

@lokh.2695 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

Hmm...I don't see/hear where she said there will only be 5 Episodes. Just that she mentioned the VO for Episodes 3, 4 and 5. Nor anything about Season 5 having 3 Episodes only.
    It may, or may not, be true; I can't say there is any confirmation, though.

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

Probably 2021. I don’t mind as long as it’s not rushed and they are working on revolutionizing UW content.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Depends what the expansion is going to be in the first place.

2 years

@Arden.7480 said:

@lokh.2695 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

Well, all she's saying is that they recently finished VO for episode 5. We'll see I guess.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.