New Expansion(POLL)

feanor.4605

It might be scheduled for 1.5 years but releasing an episode a month later here and waiting for a festival to end there will drag it out to be closer to 2 years. I don't mind as long as it's good in the end, the previous expansions were good so I'm looking forward to it. I think it will depend on how much retention, relying solely on LS and festivals, can be generated. It wouldn't suprise me if we got another PR-vid at the end of LS4 announcing the next Xpac three months later.

There were 23 months between HoT and PoF and six LS3 episodes. We know that LS4 will last probably 5 episodes, so let's pretend that LS5 will last the same, for a total of 10 episodes, meaning a 40% longer period between PoF and expac 3, thus over 2 years, less than 3.

So try the poll again with different options

• 18 months (~3/4 of the HoT-PoF gap)
  • 24 months (same gap)
  • 30 months (roughly 10 episodes)
  • 36 months (50% longer gap)
  • Or "I'm more interested in whether the feature and content releases between now & then are good, since those will occupy more of my attention in the long run."

Honestly I don't care. An expansion is just a storyline (with associated maps, rewards, achievements etc.) and a bunch of new features all bundled together which I have to pay for instead of getting as a free update.

I was happy to pay for both PoF and HoT (more so PoF because it didn't have the whole confusion over whether we're buying the base game again) and depending on what's in it I'll probably buy expansion 3 as well. But boxing up a bunch of updates and charging for them doesn't make them any better or more exciting IMO so if we can get the same stuff via free updates I certainly won't complain.

It remains to be seen if that's the case or not, but if they can bring out 'expansion features' like new elite specs, new mechanics like mounts or gliding, new guild halls, new armour sets (already happening) etc. as part of or alongside the Living Story instead of having to sell them separately then I won't miss expansions at all.

@Danikat.8537 said:But boxing up a bunch of updates and charging for them doesn't make them any better or more exciting IMO so if we can get the same stuff via free updates I certainly won't complain.

It remains to be seen if that's the case or not, but if they can bring out 'expansion features' like new elite specs, new mechanics like mounts or gliding, new guild halls, new armour sets (already happening) etc. as part of or alongside the Living Story instead of having to sell them separately then I won't miss expansions at all.

My thoughts exactly. :+1:

@"Arden.7480" said:"When its ready tm"

But I think Season 4 will have 5 episodes (Eve Eschenbacher accidentaly confirmed that), Season 5 will have 3 episodes.

Ep 4- SeptemberEp 5- December

Ep 1- FebruaryEp 2- MayEp 3- August

Expansion 3- October/November 2019.

Thats my speculation, I think the Seasons work yearly now.

Thanks... I thought they were going for 9-10 per season. Would have killed the community as a lot of people would get bored of Elona after so long.

@Scar.1793 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:"When its ready tm"

But I think Season 4 will have 5 episodes (Eve Eschenbacher accidentaly confirmed that), Season 5 will have 3 episodes.

Thanks... I thought they were going for 9-10 per season. Would have killed the community as a lot of people would get bored of Elona after so long.

I'd not think so, especially because they said there will be season 5 just now. I mean they wouldnt say there is Season 5 if it wouldn't be very soon.

I also think Season 5 will be very short to settle down the ground for the story of the expansion.

I wrote a different post about why there MUST be Season 5. And I said that because of so many unresolved plots in Path of Fire and beyond- especially in Path of Fire.

We know that Kralkatorrik is supposed to be our major villain, so they will sacrifice this season and I think Season 5- 1-2 first episodes- to finish this story.

Look how many episodes they sacrificed only for Joko- Kralkatorrik backstory is much more juicy with Glint's Legacy, Aurene, Destiny's Edge on the background.

I think the rest of this season will be gathering the forces of Tyria to stand against Kralk- meeting with old allies like Caithe, Logan, Zojja, Jennah- discovering unknown secrets to help us fight against Kralk, I'd say we will kill Kralkatorrik- in the end or at the beginning of Season 5, but I think Aurene will in the end turn away from us and become the main villain for Season 5 and expansion 3 first part..

Her action will wake up one of the dragons- I think Deep Sea Dragon, that will be the main antagonist for the Expansion 3.

List of unresolved plots from PoF:

-Joko- resolved+Inquest's plot-Gods- unresolved- Lyssa's mystery, Balthazar's backstory-the future of Glint's Legacy- Aurene-Destiny's Edge plot- Zojja, Caithe-Rytlock's secret- unresolved-The Sunspears and Order of Shadows- Kito saying that he was together with the commander while killing the Elder Dragons.-Kralkatorrik juicy story.

Rest:-Malyck's Tree-The Nightmare Court's state-Pale Tree's state-how is Logan doing as the Marshall?-the Shining Blade's oath- Anise & Livia

I think there is much more of them.

Season 5 is a good way to mark the line between the story of Elona (Season 4) and the story of another region like Sea of Sorrows or Deldrimor or something else (Season 5).

@Arden.7480 said:

@Arden.7480 said:"When its ready tm"

I'd not think so, especially because they said there will be season 5 just now. I mean they wouldnt say there is Season 5 if it wouldn't be very soon.

I also think Season 5 will be very short to settle down the ground for the story of the expansion.

I wrote a different post about why there MUST be Season 5. And I said that because of so many unresolved plots in Path of Fire and beyond- especially in Path of Fire.

We know that Kralkatorrik is supposed to be our major villain, so they will sacrifice this season and I think Season 5- 1-2 first episodes- to finish this story.

Look how many episodes they sacrificed only for Joko- Kralkatorrik backstory is much more juicy with Glint's Legacy, Aurene, Destiny's Edge on the background.

I think the rest of this season will be gathering the forces of Tyria to stand against Kralk- meeting with old allies like Caithe, Logan, Zojja, Jennah- discovering unknown secrets to help us fight against Kralk, I'd say we will kill Kralkatorrik- in the end or at the beginning of Season 5, but I think Aurene will in the end turn away from us and become the main villain for Season 5 and expansion 3 first part..

Her action will wake up one of the dragons- I think Deep Sea Dragon, that will be the main antagonist for the Expansion 3.

List of unresolved plots from PoF:

-Joko- resolved+Inquest's plot-Gods- unresolved- Lyssa's mystery, Balthazar's backstory-the future of Glint's Legacy- Aurene-Destiny's Edge plot- Zojja, Caithe-Rytlock's secret- unresolved-The Sunspears and Order of Shadows- Kito saying that he was together with the commander while killing the Elder Dragons.-Kralkatorrik juicy story.

Rest:-Malyck's Tree-The Nightmare Court's state-Pale Tree's state-how is Logan doing as the Marshall?-the Shining Blade's oath- Anise & Livia

I think there is much more of them.

Season 5 is a good way to mark the line between the story of Elona (Season 4) and the story of another region like Sea of Sorrows or Deldrimor or something else (Season 5).

I don’t know about you but fighting dragon A then B then C since 2012 got old. Especially with the likes of Mordremoth which are cookie cutter villains.

I think they should go with less giant things and foes that are more relatable and have real motives. But I guess we will not get that here sadly.

Fighting the Lich, Shiro or Varesh was memorable and cool.

Archived