Scourge, MES, SB, DE all > Reaper

TheDevice.2751

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheDevice.2751 said:You can't even dispute it.

Scourge literally counter reapersReapers can't even touch Mes with the limited mobilitySB just walk over a reaper (what's damage?)DE just pops out of stealth and 100-0 under a second any reaper

Get your priorities straight community

I don’t think we’re playing the same reaper because I only have issues with the odd mesmer.

I have no problems with scourges or spellbreakers. Even core warrior is a bigger threat than spellbreaker.

Hardcounters to reaper are longbow soulbeasts, staff/longbow druids and rifle deadeyes.

Everything else is beatable or at least sustainable (like condi mesmer when running Consume Conditions, Well of Power, Suffer!) with an adequate build.

But I got what this thread is about - it's about the last balance patch and bronze players calling for nerfs. What I said above was already a fact pre balance patch and has not changed at all. Glass reaper got more burst, but that's totally irrelevant in high level pvp.

@TheDevice.2751 said:You can't even dispute it.

Scourge literally counters reapersReapers can't even touch Mes with the limited mobilitySB just walk over a reaper (what's damage?)DE just pops out of stealth and 100-0 under a second any reaper

Would you like to write a joke book for me? We've been asking anet yo balance things and all we're getting is more broken specs. First Mirage and now Reapers. As a spellbreaker I'm not even sure where all my sustain vanishes against reapers. The fact that a reaper can faceroll a spellbreaker, or make it kite even, is a big joke in itself.

Get your facts right. Our priorities are calculated.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@"TheDevice.2751" said:You can't even dispute it.

Scourge literally counters reapersReapers can't even touch Mes with the limited mobilitySB just walk over a reaper (what's damage?)DE just pops out of stealth and 100-0 under a second any reaper

The fact that a reaper can faceroll a spellbreaker, or make it kite even, is a big joke in itself.

Dear Lord, do you actually read what you write? "How dare a necro make me kite - if I have to kite as a spellbreaker the other class must be broken".

Necro is not op v any class, and every class can counter it if played properly. Necro is op against people who have gotten used to necros being in a weak 1v1 state, used to them being condi and not power burst, or used to being able to facetank shroud.Just learn run away from reaper shroud and LoS. Really really not that hard.

ANet loves hardcounters.

Reapers would have been fine like 10 balance patches ago, if ANet just gave us a stupid instant cast Flesh Wurm for mobility purposes. No one asked for more burst. I've asked for that port dozens of times in this forum, like I've stated dozens of times that hardcounters suck.

ANet did not give us the port. They gave us more burst, because of the theme of the slow moving hard hitting horror movie monster and stuff - hardcountered by range and kiting.

I don't like hardcounters. They are frustrating, do not reward skill and are therefore unhealthy to the game. The concept of hardcounters just works in 5v5 arenas. In every other aspect of the game they are trash.

Big melee burst patch for Reaper: And now all the melee fighters who never learned kiting are complaining... who would have seen that coming.

@KrHome.1920 said:ANet loves hardcounters.

Reapers would have been fine like 10 balance patches ago, if ANet just gave us a stupid instant cast Flesh Wurm for mobility purposes. No one asked for more burst. I've asked for that port dozens of times in this forum, like I've stated dozens of times that hardcounters suck.

ANet did not give us the port. They gave us more burst, because of the theme of the slow moving hard hitting horror movie monster and stuff - hardcountered by range and kiting.

I don't like hardcounters. They are frustrating, do not reward skill and are therefore unhealthy to the game. The concept of hardcounters just works in 5v5 arenas. In every other aspect of the game they are trash.

Big melee burst patch for Reaper: And now all the melee fighters who never learned kiting are complaining... who would have seen that coming.

Thing is:The damage wasn't separated for pve and pvp.We still would lack good sustain even if we had wurm.Sustain is a issue still for necros

Instant Flesh Wurm opens a ton of strategies.

Offensive use against kiting thieves or blinking mesmers or as a gap closer to soulbeasts.Defensive use against bursty guardians or revenants after they ported.A general repositioning option.

Reaper has gotten so much aoe burst now that adding a non-clunky teleport is completely out of the question - it would be just broken. And that sucks. We are forever doomed to be a sitting duck while the noobs are still complaining.

Of course thieves could still outrun a reaper, but that was not the point.

It was needed because of pve.We did something good:we sacrificed more survivaiblity for burst, and now necros are very balanced.We still need more burst to be on level with others, because even if we had insta teleport, we still would be autokicked.

We need consisten dmg and enough survivability.Its mostly melee range so its not like crazy aoe like with scourge which can put down massive aoes that burst you down.For reaper its close range melee multi hit attacks.

The problem is other classes have better surviviability and dps combined.Mesmers are simply too strong in survivability mobility and burst, that its not even fair to compare them.

Every class has its issue, and we are becoming more and more balanced.Some classes before were surpassing 40k dps or around that much, and now they are much lower.This is good.

Like in other MMOS the bottom and the top need to have smaller differences, with classes who offer little to no support and healing to be at the forefront of dps since they cannot offer anything else, because if we don't then you don't have anything to offer.

In pvp i think damage across the board needs to go down to hot levels ASAP, and we need cc and mobility power creep to go down.

If you are losing to a reaper that doesnt have signficant life force build up before hand on most a or b level builds/classes you stink. Ranger, Holo, and Core Guardian also should have no problem beating a Reaper add them to the list. I mean it really doesnt count when you beat somebody in a fight where you start out with like 60% life force. Usually you will have like 0-33% life force range and with that level anything that can spike out some nice damage and has some defensive cooldowns and knows how to dodge should be able to beat a melee reaper fairly easily. They are more dangerous in bigger fights if anything if you are winning a lot of duels on a melee reaper you are facing a lot of bad players is all I can say.

@Meteor.3720 said:

The fact that a reaper can faceroll a spellbreaker, or make it kite even, is a big joke in itself.

Dear Lord, do you actually read what you write? "How dare a necro make me kite - if I have to kite as a spellbreaker the other class must be broken".

Necro is not op v any class, and every class can counter it if played properly. Necro is op against people who have gotten used to necro's being in a weak 1v1 state, used to them being condi and not power burst, or used to being able to facetank shroud.Just learn run away from reaper shroud and LoS. Really really not that hard.

No. I don't read what I write. That part is for you.

Necro was fine before recent patch. It's broken as a mirage now.

@BadMed.3846 said:

Necro is not op v any class, and every class can counter it if played properly. Necro is op against people who have gotten used to necro's being in a weak 1v1 state, used to them being condi and not power burst, or used to being able to facetank shroud.Just learn run away from reaper shroud and LoS. Really really not that hard.

lolno

Reaper isn't any better than it was. The quickness build is still worse than traditional builds. The only thing that changed is that glass cannon reaper is actually a cannon, not that glass cannon reaper is viable in any way.

This recent patch like every reaper patch in the last 2 years only focused on making reaper useful in PvE. Reaper hasn't seen any PvP buffs since 2016.

@BadMed.3846 said:

Don't try to kid yourself or anyone else. Nothing is as broken as Mirage.

@Meteor.3720 said:

Would you like to write a joke book for me? We've been asking anet yo balance things and all we're getting is more broken specs. First Mirage and now Reapers. As a spellbreaker I'm not even sure where all my sustain vanishes against reapers. The fact that a reaper can faceroll a spellbreaker, or make it kite even, is a big joke in itself.

Get your facts right. Our priorities are calculated.

As the previous comments have already stated, SB mains and others have just been so used to facerolling reapers they don't even know how to play against them now and will (out of pure stubborness) not play differently, expecting the same results. Now you have to change and actually respect a reapers capability. This is a L2P issue... or was it only a L2P issue when reapers never stood a chance vs SB? A good SB will beat any reaper. Maybe you're just not that good.

Not only are players just used to facerolling reapers, reaper mains have been fighting against top tier classes for a very long time and have had to "get gud" to succeed. Now the gap has closed a bit. This is extremely telling due to the fact that not much has actually been changed on reaper.

R4 is just as predictable and noob stomping as DH traps. Quickness is counterable and cc is still relevant. You still have blocks, you still have all the stuff you had before.

You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

@Axl.8924 said:It was needed because of pve.We did something good:we sacrificed more survivaiblity for burst, and now necros are very balanced.We still need more burst to be on level with others, because even if we had insta teleport, we still would be autokicked.

We need consisten dmg and enough survivability.Its mostly melee range so its not like crazy aoe like with scourge which can put down massive aoes that burst you down.For reaper its close range melee multi hit attacks.

The problem is other classes have better surviviability and dps combined.Mesmers are simply too strong in survivability mobility and burst, that its not even fair to compare them.

Every class has its issue, and we are becoming more and more balanced.Some classes before were surpassing 40k dps or around that much, and now they are much lower.This is good.

Like in other MMOS the bottom and the top need to have smaller differences, with classes who offer little to no support and healing to be at the forefront of dps since they cannot offer anything else, because if we don't then you don't have anything to offer.

In pvp i think damage across the board needs to go down to hot levels ASAP, and we need cc and mobility power creep to go down.Sustain in PvE is still too high for the damage. Power Reaper is king of open world. In PvE a one-handed monkey can play the spec while dealing massive damage. You pulled 4 veterans and a champ? Who cares! Just facetank it! Now on 31k dps!

In PvP it has also a lot more 1v1 sustain than most other specs. You just don't notice that when you are immobile and everyone and their mom can reset fights against you and you picked the auto lose ticket when more than one equally skilled opponent attacks you as you can not escape/reposition.

People are stating this for years now:a spec that is only half as mobile as the rest of the specs will never be a viable option in multiple competitive scenarios. <- necro main issue

@Poelala.2830 said:You say that as if reaper is a dueling class. It is not. It shines in team play, so whether things counter it 1v1 or not is irrelevant when they do 12k instant passive hits with their soul spiral. It's like saying war can't beat several classes 1v1. This is true, but war isn't meant to win 1v1s... It's meant to survive them.

Soul Spiral is neither instant nor passive. Also Reaper isn't really that great in teamfights because it's too easy to control and spike. Reaper gets better results in 2v2s against low mobility classes like guardian and non-boots engi builds.

@Axl.8924 said:It was needed because of pve.We did something good:we sacrificed more survivaiblity for burst, and now necros are very balanced.We still need more burst to be on level with others, because even if we had insta teleport, we still would be autokicked.

In pvp i think damage across the board needs to go down to hot levels ASAP, and we need cc and mobility power creep to go down.

careful with those wishes. don't want to go back to the bunk meta of 2015-2016 ;)

Archived