Match Ranking

maxan.7836

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like to see a change for rating, dont want to create a new topic but i will use this one.i want a change that you get rating for objective. i am now some weeks in ranked pvp and i get better but today i lost few times in the end even when we had lead of mostof the time of the round. i work my ,,, off for a win and if other ppl dont do their best then the ppl who work lose because of the team.of its rated with effort it solve the afk problem also. if you did your job then you get better rating. and dont lose because others dont do their job.but i think it will not happen.

Thank you for your input - Agree- It would also be fab it we had the GW1 battle- The old line them up and charge each other map- Sorry can't remember correct name for it- Quick and fun - Also just to throw it in the mix - Guild Wars--- We don't actually fight against other guilds any more- Anyway Cheers :)

I've already said this but whatever. With the drastic decrease in population, you need to limit how far the system is going to search for players (aka the number of division tiers it's going to cross to find 10 players).

Asking the players via a poll would be nice, but i'm pretty sure most players would rather have longer queues than being matched up with silver or gold when they are in plat.

The only problem with this is that in 1 year, when the population is even lower, you will have to revert it because queues will last hours.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Axelteas.7192" said:This season im finding pro teams in silver, thats unacceptable... matches losing 15-500

Can you tell me the date/time and exact score of the match where you as a silver player had pro teams? I'd like to look at that match.

Yes it was the 32nd of Septober, 2019 at half past 13 and we were playing on the map "Exaggeration Plantation." The enemy team was made up of Rytlock, Tybalt, Garm, Mordremoth, and Ben Phongalongadingdong. It was super unfair because my dumb teammates just had to be Drooburt, Dinky, a Skimmer Mount, and some really whiny bald Norn.

Literally unplayable.

@Classic Perception.2507 said:I've already said this but whatever. With the drastic decrease in population, you need to limit how far the system is going to search for players (aka the number of division tiers it's going to cross to find 10 players).

Asking the players via a poll would be nice, but i'm pretty sure most players would rather have longer queues than being matched up with silver or gold when they are in plat.

The only problem with this is that in 1 year, when the population is even lower, you will have to revert it because queues will last hours.

That's the common issue with multiplayer games lately. The ELO system is very good, but doesn't really work when the population is decreasing.You need to have 1 season where everyone starts from scratch and not placed according to 10 random games or last season score.

to everyone saying they're getting matched with silvers in plat just stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, to everyone saying you're getting matched with pros in silver stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, sure if you're plat1 or maybe plat2 you can get matched with gold3 but not much lower... and that is if you queue up at off hours normaly

@Gpe.3684 said:to everyone saying they're getting matched with silvers in plat just stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, to everyone saying you're getting matched with pros in silver stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, sure if you're plat1 or maybe plat2 you can get matched with gold3 but not much lower... and that is if you queue up at off hours normaly

Do you have any data that supports your claim? Not saying it happens, but proofs should be given from both sides. That's why I would really be interested.^^ Maybe I'l start to ask around in some games... they could still be lying though...

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Gpe.3684 said:to everyone saying they're getting matched with silvers in plat just stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, to everyone saying you're getting matched with pros in silver stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, sure if you're plat1 or maybe plat2 you can get matched with gold3 but not much lower... and that is if you queue up at off hours normaly

Do you have any data that supports your claim? Not saying it happens, but proofs should be given from both sides. That's why I would really be interested.^^ Maybe I'l start to ask around in some games... they could still be lying though...

well no i didnt go and screenshot everything, but i play alot and never came across any match where someone was ranked 300rating lower than the highest rated guy in the match, the only exception is if you're legend or close to legend, there you can actualy get matched with people at 1550 or so, so thats the biggest difference in rating i came accros so far.

Look I’m gold3 right now. I’ve had games with Arken, Dealta, Mur, Vallun, Valhor, and def a few other top 25 players. Now my skill level is plat 2 so I could hang in the matches...but I’ve added a few “people” who i believed were not very good players, their ratings were 1400, and 1380...so ya I wouldn’t be surprised if a silver appears in top tier matches.

@"Gpe.3684" said:to everyone saying they're getting matched with silvers in plat just stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, to everyone saying you're getting matched with pros in silver stop lying to your self because it doesnt happen, sure if you're plat1 or maybe plat2 you can get matched with gold3 but not much lower... and that is if you queue up at off hours normaly

I have a few friends usually belonging to bronze/silver who got placed in plat 1 this season and remained there for a while. I think that's the point people here try to argue with, the whole matchmaking between 1100 and 1500 is random, you do have everyone everywhere. If you add to that the fact that gold3/plat 1 can be teamed against legends, basically you can have " silver players " teamed against legend players for a few weeks during 1 season.

If the argument is that, at a given moment , a 1100 rating player can be teamed with 1500 players, this is totally wrong from my experience too. It does happen legends against gold3 because there aren't so many people at those rating. But you won't see bronze against gold, because you have a lot of players there.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Axelteas.7192" said:This season im finding pro teams in silver, thats unacceptable... matches losing 15-500

Can you tell me the date/time and exact score of the match where you as a silver player had pro teams? I'd like to look at that match.

Is there even point in telling you that?

Sure, we could look into the match and try to see if there was something weird that happened with the matchmaker. However, in this case it wouldn't have mattered. We didn't find any matches where the poster played any "pro teams." Or anyone even in high platinum.

Sure, we could look into the match and try to see if there was something weird that happened with the matchmaker. However, in this case it wouldn't have mattered. We didn't find any matches where the poster played any "pro teams." Or anyone even in high platinum.

So the old "working as intended" ? Come on with this many people for all these years telling you how broken it is, posting vids, ect I hope you guys aren't going to cling to the notion that the matchmaker is not a train wreck. Listen to your customers for once instead of trying to disprove everything they say.

@Devilman.1532 said:

So the old "working as intended" ? Come on with this many people for all these years telling you how broken it is, posting vids, ect I hope you guys aren't going to cling to the notion that the matchmaker is not a train wreck. Listen to your customers for once instead of trying to disprove everything they say.

I mean Ben isn't wrong. The issue here isn't that the matchmaker paired people in silver against people in high plat. The issue is that the poster THOUGHT that is what happened. Attitude around the matchmaker could very easily change without even making any matchmaker changes. All we need is more transparency in game about what happened. Some kind of UI update to show the rating (post match), or even just the icon of the division would help.

That way it would be obvious to this person that they didn't get beat 500-15 by legend/plat3 players, but rather some folks in gold 1.

Ben, You only have to look at 8 /10 games in this last league so you can see that the pairings are not good.

Because people play less, and more things and things that do not work, which is what motivates people.

Archived