Help a noob pve solo warrior

faruscapatinhas.9610

HiI have a warrior that I rarely used in the expansions. I did the HoT with him and I try to do the PoF too.The problem is that my warrior dies very easily in the game mobs even in those that are supposed to be easier.

I do not know what build to use for it to have good DPS and at the same time survive in the strongest combats and what type of armor to use.

I also do not know if it's worth using any of the elite elites Spec. of the HoT or PoF with the Warrior to solo pve in the expansions of the game.

Some tips on how to improve this?

get exotics/ascended. if you're designing a type of warrior that want to facesmash mobs while dealing good damage, get Valkyries or Knights armor. be sure to food up to raise up toughness - vitality. and what is lacking to up your damage will be supplied by the runes and sigils. so get them appropriately. and if you're a type of warrior that likes to move a lot while fighting. go zerks or assassins. get a high damage weapon (GS is good). there are times that you need to pull out and regen, and you want to sustain damage output, so you will need a ranged weapon.

all in all, depends in what you want your warrior to be.

you'll kill slower with soldiers. you need something with precision or ferocity (if you ask me, i'd go with precision armor-Knights), along with inherent toughness or vitality with the nomenclatures that i mentioned and just mod it for you to have good survivability and damage balanced with food and runes. and don't forget to use dodge.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:What weapons do you enjoy using? Do you want to be more condi based or more power based for damage?

I am tested D/D weapons and rifle for ranged but elite core spec of PoF are not done at all, need hero Points, i see with this is impossible to do solo pve and hero points with Bosses is hard.

The set of gear is conditions danage set, before used sword/toch and short Bow but this also not working well: die easy with warrior...Tested warrior with this of all at waypoint of Dragon Passage killing all mobs of path, i try to kill they, but not work: die easy.

With my Necro is easy for do this but with a warrior no idea for one Build and gear for he have good dps and not die easy.

Warrior has highest HP/Armour combination. You shouldn't die easily. Also as a Spellbreaker you are extremely tanky. It seems you just don't understand how to react. Observer your enemy, hit F2 to protect you from literally every attack, of course you have to observe when the enemy exactly hits or is about to hit. Also use your GS to displace/run out of damage or evade. I am mostly melee with spellbreaker and rarely go down in open world.

What weapon sets, armor and runes are you running? I'm guessing the DD/Rifle you listed above? Also as Sephylon listed above http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ is a handy way to share builds. But from what I can see in your build setup on your discipline you've got crack shot, rifle isn't really in a great place at the moment same with the trait, so you'd be better off with warrior's sprint. I see you have inspiring battle standard for the next one but no banners (which for open pve they don't do the most good anyways) so I'd probably do brawler's recovery to have condi removal on weapon swap. Lastly the grandmaster most people opt for the burst mastery because it helps you burst more often and does more damage. On the defensive trait line I'd probably switch out armor'ed attack for the defy pain it's nice in case you get in over your head in a fight. Lastly I'd take either balanced stance or cleansing ire over rousing resilience, in PvE they'll do a better job of helping you. On the spellbreaker finish out the trait lines. As far as carrying rifle, the way I play rifle is that I only have rifle if I know I'm getting into a fight I cannot mele, so I usually run GS instead of rifle for the mobility and damage in open world pve. These are just a few suggestions.

Quick and dirty core Warrior. Its not perfect...but try to move as you fight...only plant for GS Skill 2 (Hundred Blades). Gives you some crowd control to get out of tight spots, gives you might, keeps your crit at base 58%. Should be able to lay down some good damage while keeping you a bit more durable. :) Play, tweak, experiment. If you like this, I would suggest swapping out Knight's armor pieces for either Assasin's or Full Zerker as you get more comfortable/confident to really lay down the damage. Experimenting is the best way to find what best fits your style of play. :) These can be adjusted easily for any elite specs you have unlocked. Metabattle is a great source for some solid PvE builds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ZjMdQlH22B2eAnIGICELQkBYrcr0vP3C-jRDBAB4oWRN7PwjqKMcBAq4BA8gJuAOCApo7BWlgJYewIlHAcQAmSJGA-e

@faruscapatinhas.9610 said:HiI have a warrior that I rarely used in the expansions. I did the HoT with him and I try to do the PoF too.The problem is that my warrior dies very easily in the game mobs even in those that are supposed to be easier.

I do not know what build to use for it to have good DPS and at the same time survive in the strongest combats and what type of armor to use.

I also do not know if it's worth using any of the elite elites Spec. of the HoT or PoF with the Warrior to solo pve in the expansions of the game.

Some tips on how to improve this?

Ok I'll give you a big general tip that pretty much applies to every class out there.If you're having trouble staying alive then I strongly advise you make your secondary weapon set a ranged weapon.

Having the ability to back out of melee and put some distance between you and the thing that want's you dead is an invaluable survival tool in my book.Specially if you have a pet or summon that can take the aggro away from you.If you don't have that which the warrior does not then crippling the enemy with conditions, stuns and other CC skills as well as evades can buy you time to recover.

I've struggled with warrior myself in the past and after swapping out my smash everything greatsword for a back off and recover rifle my survivability significantly increased in most encounters.

Traits and stats are important for a build sure.. but you'll never get a better tactic than avoiding damage entirely without giving up your own ^^

I agree with the good old fashion (Nike and other pros) philosophy that tells you kill them before they kill you. You'll go with mix of full berserker/assassin gear and a/a or m/a with gs. Runes of strength. There is absolutely no point of taking any defensive traits or skills, with core warrior str/arms/disc will work just perfectly. Take signet mastery from arms, peak performance and berserkers power from str, cast signets of might, fury and rage before your bull's charge and with sigil of severance in your mace you'll get a really nice ferocity burst to you whirling axe. Afterwards stay on the move as told above, use your mace to interrupts and dual strike/swap/hundred blades and so on. Stay away from knight armor and useless stuff like that.Btw in pve i like to use cheap food https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scoop_of_Mintberry_Swirl_Ice_CreamIt really forgives you some mistakes and helps a lot to stay alive

• 2 weeks later...

@Magnuzone.8395 said:Stay away from toughness as a main stat on anything. It's worthless for pve. I generally use full marauder for a bit of extra hp (and the extra bonus that it works well for frontline wvw too, so no need for 2 sets). GS + axe/shield and you shuldnt have any problem.

he dies with less toughness even with high damage. what should he do?

lel.

Taking lots of toughness has an additional effect of making you an aggro magnet. This is pretty big: I remember situations when fighting a champ with another person, and I almost never got aggro (and the other guy got downed repeatedly); when asked about toughness afterwards, he always went "full knights" or something like that.Taking toughness may help in perfect solo situations (though even that is debatable), but will outright kill you in group events with champions / upscaled mobs, because when getting focused by such things some extra armor doesn't matter much.Taking some extra vitality (via marauder's gear) is much safer option, and goes well with warr's constant regen from healing signet/AH.

Knowing when to equip a ranged weapon helps, but typically carrying one at all times is a bad idea (could be different if we actually had a decent one...).

Archived