Idea: elite spec for the original professions

Daddicus.6128

It seems to me that right now, one really has to play an elite spec. or else play sub-optimal character. When I'm playing a Chronomancer, the right side of the skill bar is mostly wells. For a Druid, mostly glyphs. Etc.

What would you guys think of an elite specialization to toughen up the original 9 professions?

Thats what they all do tho, the point of elite specs is to give access to new things so going back and making core spec lines elite would be pretty silly.Imagen if anet made blood magic for necro elite the moaning about why they dident do any of the other 4 elite instead would be endless and thats just one of the 9 classes.

@Daddicus.6128 said:It seems to me that right now, one really has to play an elite spec. or else play sub-optimal character. When I'm playing a Chronomancer, the right side of the skill bar is mostly wells. For a Druid, mostly glyphs. Etc.

not really, a typical mes bar is signet of either, well of action, well of recall, signet of inspi, and either time warp, moa signet, or grav well. Druid is healing spring/water spirit/glyph of healing, sun spirit, frost spirit, glyph of tides/epowerment, and entangle/nature spirit/glyph of unity. And even then the 2 wells aren't really needed if you can proc your lesser signet of inspi properly, they're just there to allow you a wider margin of error.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Daddicus.6128" said:Idea: elite spec for the original professions

The title is misleading. I was thinking, "What nine
original
professions? There are only nine. Are they talking about GW1 and bringing some of those back?"

Surely there are only eight
original
professions?

Try 5

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I was meaning the eight professions GW2 was released with (i.e. not including Revenant). If you're meaning the original GW1 progressions, weren't there six?

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

original
professions? There are only nine. Are they talking about GW1 and bringing some of those back?"

original
professions?

Try 5

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I was meaning the eight professions GW2 was released with (i.e. not including Revenant). If you're meaning the original GW1 progressions, weren't there six?

I believe they're referencing the five professions from Prophecies that were brought over.

Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer, Elementalist, and Necromancer.

@"Linken.6345" said:Thats what they all do tho, the point of elite specs is to give access to new things so going back and making core spec lines elite would be pretty silly.Imagen if anet made blood magic for necro elite the moaning about why they dident do any of the other 4 elite instead would be endless and thats just one of the 9 classes.

They would have to do all of the traits at once, but you could only use one of them as "elite".

@Daddicus.6128 said:It seems to me that right now, one really has to play an elite spec. or else play sub-optimal character.

Yes, that's the idea for most professions, some core builds are meta by accident I suppose. The reason is they sell elite specs with expansions, while core professions are now free to play. Why making something free as powerful as the other othing behind the paywall?

@segman.3560 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:It seems to me that right now, one really has to play an elite spec. or else play sub-optimal character.

Yes, that's the idea for most professions, some core builds are meta by accident I suppose. The reason is they sell elite specs with expansions, while core professions are now free to play. Why making something free as powerful as the other othing behind the paywall?

Revenants said hi

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Revenants said hi

elaborate

@Daddicus.6128 said:It seems to me that right now, one really has to play an elite spec. or else play sub-optimal character. When I'm playing a Chronomancer, the right side of the skill bar is mostly wells. For a Druid, mostly glyphs. Etc.

What would you guys think of an elite specialization to toughen up the original 9 professions?

Ok, i'm against the power creep and this could kill balance, but what if we start having an additional slot to put the elite spec the class have, let people use any traitline, skill and weapon as long as they unlocked it and balance over that.

This will need:1: At least one elite spec per core class (not necessary new weapons, skills or trait lines, only elite spec mechanics).2: Have all classes have at least one elite spec that don't change how the core class works (can add like chrono, druid, soul beast, etc.):This will need to be addressed for the core elite specs of necro and guardian.3: More balance fixes.4: Reworking at least the first minor trait of each elite spec, specially for some elite specs like dd.

It will allow to:

• Balance better traitlines, spec mechanics, weapons and skills between themselves.
  • Potentially create more viable build diversity (or kill it) depending of the implementation.

In my opinion is where they should go.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Thats what they all do tho, the point of elite specs is to give access to new things so going back and making core spec lines elite would be pretty silly.Imagen if anet made blood magic for necro elite the moaning about why they dident do any of the other 4 elite instead would be endless and thats just one of the 9 classes.

They would have to do all of the traits at once, but you could only use one of them as "elite".

Yea doing 45 core elite specs aint happening at the same time and even then thats 5 expansions we dont get any new elite specs. (just old traitlines rehashed)I dont see people wanting that to be honest.

@segman.3560 said:

Oh, no. Sorry, I may have miscommunicated.

What I meant was in place of or alongside another elite, WITH an expansion (or, possibly, living story content).

It would be unreasonable to even try to do all 45 trait lines in one expansion. 9 per expansion is probably the most that would be practical, and even that could be pushing sanity to the edge. Perhaps if they came out with living story episodes, it might be more feasible.

But, if they did do 9, WHICH nine, you may ask? I would say the least-played trait line in each class.

@Daddicus.6128 said:It would be unreasonable to even try to do all 45 trait lines in one expansion. 9 per expansion is probably the most that would be practical, and even that could be pushing sanity to the edge. Perhaps if they came out with living story episodes, it might be more feasible.

But, if they did do 9, WHICH nine, you may ask? I would say the least-played trait line in each class.

Still that leaves us with no new ways to play our classes for 5 expansions only buffed core ways.

I've actually thought about this idea for a while too. I know it's probably never going to happen, but here's what I would love to see:

-Make the specialization trait line a separate fourth line.-Create a new specialization trait line for the base class.

Like I said. It's probably never going to happen, and it would take a group of geniuses to figure out the balance, but it's what I would personally like to see.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

original

original
professions?

Try 5

I believe they're referencing the five professions from Prophecies that were brought over.

Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer, Elementalist, and Necromancer.

And Monk. The 55est of HPs.

Archived