Made it to Lev 80, first one!!

DuiePyle.4398

Ok, I made it, sheeeew! B) But, a few things bother me. I have taken as a reward a staff. I took it on the grounds that, in red type, "staff requires the elite specialization druid (lev 80)". Went to the specialization skill druid and picked staff Proficiency, and I still can't use a staff. What gives? I also get a message popup "your current ability is fully trained ready to master" I'm guessing this has to do with the expansion thingy <- high tech jargon, :/ so ill get on that asap. Just tell me I'm guessing right.

Did you select the Elite specialization in your third trait slot? Before you can use the elite specialization and the weapons they use you have to select the specialization in the third trait slot. Note specializations require training of the at least the first minor trait before they can be selected but it sounds like you might have done that. Druid is Ranger elite specialization. For more information:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specialization

@"DuiePyle.4398" said:Ok, I made it, sheeeew! B) But, a few things bother me. I have taken as a reward a staff. I took it on the grounds that, in red type, "staff requires the elite specialization druid (lev 80)". Went to the specialization skill druid

There are no "specialization skills" that let you choose your specialization. You pick a specialization by using it as your third trait line in the Build tab of the Hero panel (H). For this to work, you need to train that elite spec first (3rd tab of the Hero panel). To do this, you require Hero Points, which you earn by doing Hero Challenges. You also need to own the expansion said elite spec is part of (in the case of the Ranger elite spec Druid, you need to own Heart of Thorns).

I also get a message popup "your current ability is fully trained ready to master" I'm guessing this has to do with the expansion thingy

No, you need Mastery Points to level your Masteries, which have nothing to do with elite specs. Apparently, you have acquired enough XP for the current Mastery that you have selected to level.

There are Central Tyrian Masteries, HoT Masteries, and PoF Masteries. You can find all available Masteries in the Mastery tab of the Hero panel.

No, you need Mastery Points to level your Masteries, which have nothing to do with elite specs. Apparently, you have acquired enough XP for the current Mastery that you have selected to level.

There are Central Tyrian Masteries, HoT Masteries, and PoF Masteries. You can find all available Masteries in the Mastery tab of the Hero panel.

Note that even if you have the Mastery Points to spend (which you should if you have completed the Core story), you can't spend them until you complete the first story mission of either Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire. It is impossible to get rid of that annoying pop-up until you do so. Trust me, I tried.

DragonForHire, Thank You that helped, I'm now a Druid and have a staff. =) Now I'm off to get my HoT Masteries, and PoF Masteries, then finish my story B)Oh, as long as I'm here. I'm trying to get a mount from the store. Seems I don't know how. :s Anybody like tell me? ...please :# I have some other questions on the subject. License one is select, other is Adoption, difference? Desert Racer, Istani Isles, difference? Are these skins? The ones they show in the store window, are they skins, and if they are, do you put them on the license mount you bought at the store? :/ One other thing, "You can use Markdown in your post". What dose that mean?

@"DuiePyle.4398" said:

DragonForHire, Thank You that helped, I'm now a Druid and have a staff. =) Now I'm off to get my HoT Masteries, and PoF Masteries, then finish my story B)Oh, as long as I'm here. I'm trying to get a mount from the store. Seems I don't know how. :s Anybody like tell me? ...please :# I have some other questions on the subject. License one is select, other is Adoption, difference? Desert Racer, Istani Isles, difference? Are these skins? The ones they show in the store window, are they skins, and if they are, do you put them on the license mount you bought at the store? :/ One other thing, "You can use Markdown in your post". What dose that mean?

The wiki is your friendhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_licensehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount#List_of_mount_skins

You don't really "get a mount from the store". Those are just unlockable skins. To actually get the mount to use, you have to play through the PoF story. The first instance/introduction to PoF will award you with the Raptor, and playing through the rest of the story will unlock other mounts as well.

The "mount licenses" are the first skins that were sold individually in the gem store, but they're still skins. There's no difference with the 'adoption' or whatnot; it is just a fancy name for 'buy a skin'. All the mount related items in the gemstore are skins. You can buy them, but it will not unlock the mount for you. The mounts, as I mentioned before, are only unlocked through the PoF story.

Being able to use markdown in your posts means you can use simple code to bold, italicise, underline etc your posts.

@"DuiePyle.4398" said:

Go to pof and as soon as you’re done with landing mission, you get your first mount.. mount saves a lot time in the game

Happy to play together or help out when you’re online.. i’ll add you to friends if you’re ok

Archived